16 minutes ago, LynErso666 said:

What does "not stable above 60 fps" mean exactly? Is it a graphics card specific thing? I remember having issue with that before, but right now my fps is anywhere between 84 at the lowest and 120 .

Trying out a few 3bbb outfit mods too and yeah, it seems to have no issue never going below 60. I'm very curious about this, because Fallout 4 used to CTD all the time over 60 fps and I had to limit it to 59 back in the day. I don't get it. It's cool tho

The body physics in Fallout 4's game engine are tied to your framerate. Shifts in effective framerate, especially crossing over the 60FPS boundary and back, will be interpreted as movement so you'll end up with problems like constant breast twitching. Also, inconsistent framerate (notable in performance-impacting like downtown) can lead to persistent "granny boobs" from gravity being miscalculated.

If you can cap your framerate to something like 60FPS or 59.9FPS and have a powerful enough system to keep it there most of the time, your experience with body physics will be much smoother.

6 hours ago, vaultbait said:

The body physics in Fallout 4's game engine are tied to your framerate. Shifts in effective framerate, especially crossing over the 60FPS boundary and back, will be interpreted as movement so you'll end up with problems like constant breast twitching. Also, inconsistent framerate (notable in performance-impacting like downtown) can lead to persistent "granny boobs" from gravity being miscalculated.

If you can cap your framerate to something like 60FPS or 59.9FPS and have a powerful enough system to keep it there most of the time, your experience with body physics will be much smoother.

I see, yes that's what I heard back when I was last modding Fallout 4, but I don't see any lack of smoothness. I'm trying to go to all the biggest combat areas I can but I haven't seen it behave weird yet. And my body certainly isn't moving around or jiggling while standing still. 

I guess I'll have to go around to some very busy areas and see if that changes.

It doesn't even mess up in cities with all windows replaced with refracting reflecting glass that changes brightness based on time of day. 

Edited by LynErso666
On 7/31/2022 at 1:06 PM, neokio said:

Using the ZeX 4 version stopped my crashes :)
Seems obvious in retrospect ... the choice of CBBE or ZeX refers to the skeleton. Since I'm using both, and the ZeX version number was off, I must have gotten confused.

TLDR: If you use the ZeX 5 skeleton, use the ZeX 4 version of OCBP.

This is not correct.  The "zex" version of OCBP is for FusionGirl

The CBBE version is for CBBE.

The recent physics | skeleton crashes were because of Bodytalk. if you had one of the recent versions installed, grab July2022R2 and reinstall without the pre-built clothing and build the clothes again.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 1:42 PM, vaultbait said:

I feel like very few people have heard of this mod, which makes this 60FPS thing not really a thing anymore.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/44798?tab=description

2 hours ago, LynErso666 said:

I feel like very few people have heard of this mod, which makes this 60FPS thing not really a thing anymore.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/44798?tab=description

I've been using it for a while, and it does help, though I still run into gravity miscalculation when I get into heavy framerate dips, like downtown or Diamond City.

9 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I've been using it for a while, and it does help, though I still run into gravity miscalculation when I get into heavy framerate dips, like downtown or Diamond City.

Oh really? I didn't notice that. I have something different going on with frames over 120. Modded hair physics just straight up freak out. A lot of modded clothing physics does too with frames going that high even with the fix. Sooooooooo close but no cigar. I'm still using it though, because even 60fps I notice it makes physics smoother. What do you think?

14 hours ago, LynErso666 said:

Oh really? I didn't notice that. I have something different going on with frames over 120. Modded hair physics just straight up freak out. A lot of modded clothing physics does too with frames going that high even with the fix. Sooooooooo close but no cigar. I'm still using it though, because even 60fps I notice it makes physics smoother. What do you think?

Most recently I've been trying FPSL and Shadow Boost to mitigate some of the framerate dips, which seem to improve things a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am very confused. You seem to say that this mod requires a mod that it is incompatible with. Someone else asked this but your answer did nothing to clear up the confusion, you simply said 'yes' and went on to answer their other question. Can you please clear this up both here and in your description?

Also, what's the difference between the CBBE and Zex files? Should I use both or just one and why would I pick one over the other? and can you include that in the description.

• 2 months later...

Just trying to switch from CBBE to Fusion Girl and OCBP, and I have this issue where the breasts of my character stay in place as the body moves. Is that how this is supposed to work, or did I mess something up?

EDIT: Never mind, seems to work okay after getting out of Vault 111, it was only bugged in the pre-war intro.

Edited by DickChapman
  • 2 weeks later...

fps drops to 30 from 90 in diamond city any idea whats causing it? i select player only in ini file and it fixes it,but id like physics on everyone,or at least females...EDIT  i figured it out,sorry kinda tired lol,i had to disable whitelist by setting to 0 then enable female only by setting to 1

Edited by Bad999

OCBP is being updated to a new version.  I am offering a beta version so that there may be some testing with it before I release it for good.  It has a configuration file meant for ZeX bodies but it doesn't take much editing to adapt it for other mods.

It is backwards compatible with old config files aside from new config setting not applying.

Thanks to littlej541 and CBPC skyrim by Shizof for new updates.

• New armor and actor config filtering
  • Better performance
  • Some new config options (small stuff)

OCBP_FG_3.0beta.zip

3 hours ago, takosako said:

OCBP is being updated to a new version.  I am offering a beta version so that there may be some testing with it before I release it for good.

Wow, thanks! Is there a convenient way to test it with OCBPC? Just copy the collision spheres data over, or is it more complicated than that?

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Wow, thanks! Is there a convenient way to test it with OCBPC? Just copy the collision spheres data over, or is it more complicated than that?

Takosako does have a OCBP + CBPC mod at OCBPC for Fallout 4.   I'm guessing that mod will be updated too once this OCBP mod is out of beta?

Does the collision data live in separate files?  If so, does that mean that I could just install the new OCBP after OCBPC in MO2 to get updates to only the OCBP portion?

Edited by MikeWander
5 hours ago, takosako said:

OCBP is being updated to a new version.  I am offering a beta version so that there may be some testing with it before I release it for good.  It has a configuration file meant for ZeX bodies but it doesn't take much editing to adapt it for other mods.

It is backwards compatible with old config files aside from new config setting not applying.

• Better performance

OCBP_FG_3.0beta.zip 249.39 kB · 12 downloads

count me as a beta tester 

4 hours ago, MikeWander said:

Does the collision data live in separate files?  If so, does that mean that I could just install the new OCBP after OCBPC in MO2 to get updates to only the OCBP portion?

I don't think so:

It is not compatible with other CBP mods (CBP, OCBPC)

9 hours ago, takosako said:

• Better performance

OCBP_FG_3.0beta.zip 249.39 kB · 20 downloads

?

On 1/3/2023 at 3:47 PM, MikeWander said:

Takosako does have a OCBP + CBPC mod at OCBPC for Fallout 4.   I'm guessing that mod will be updated too once this OCBP mod is out of beta?

Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about, and what I'm trying to figure out. The description says it's a fork of OCBP merging in CBPC functionality, but then goes on to link to the OCBP Git repository. It has a cbpc-1.5_updates branch with recent activity (from last month and even a commit today), so hopefully it's coming soon if not being directly integrated into master.

Edited by vaultbait
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, majw69 said:

Ah? Why did my OCBP effect fail after I updated the F4SE version to 0.6.23, I didn't do anything except update F4SE.

No idea because i updated F4SE to the last version without any issue. Try uninstalling / reinstalling OCBP and check your logs.