Is there a way to change body type in a mod that only changes faces?

21 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

I've looked on Nexus for something that can make the bandit females look like they weren't smacked with the ugly stick. 

I've found "Fresh Women" on Nexus, but the only downside is that only changes the faces. Is there a way I can also change the female body types as well? Maybe CBBE 3BA?

If it only does faces then just install a body replacer and they'll use it automatically. If you want them all to have different body types then install OBody and your favorite CBBE presets - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/51084.

21 minutes ago, zenonthez07 said:

If it only does faces then just install a body replacer and they'll use it automatically. If you want them all to have different body types then install OBody and your favorite CBBE presets - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/51084.

"just install a body replacer" -- I'm not sure I know the technique for that. At least now I have a lead. Thanks.

Edit -- in my case, I'm using the "default body" so I'm following the instructions here, but making the meshes and textures folders since the original mod has none.

Edited by TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft
edit
18 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

"just install a body replacer" -- I'm not sure I know the technique for that. At least now I have a lead. Thanks.

Edit -- in my case, I'm using the "default body" so I'm following the instructions here, but making the meshes and textures folders since the original mod has none.

Hey, when giving advice assume the lowest level of competence especially when there is a lack of details.

I recommended OBody so you don't waste time setting up textures and meshes that won't work for a simple face replacer like Fresh Women. NPCs will only use unique bodies if its attached to a custom race or if it is assigned as a naked outfit override like Bijin. That guide you linked is only for follower NPCs who were already set up to use custom bodies and textures that need to be replaced to prevent seams. Another reason not to manually assign bodies is because the clothing meshes won't match their custom body shapes and will instead default to your primary bodyslide preset which will negate all your efforts to assign unique bodies.

3 hours ago, harblgarbl said:

Is there a way to use OBody without OStim? It seems like a huge leap forward compared to jBS2BGj2, but my load order's pretty much done and most of the LL mods don't have an OStim equivalent.

Doesn't look like it though you can ask the author on his page if the OStim ESP needs to be activated in order to utilize OBody. It may only require certain scripts from OStim to be in the game folder to work.

4 hours ago, zenonthez07 said:

Hey, when giving advice assume the lowest level of competence especially when there is a lack of details.

I recommended OBody so you don't waste time setting up textures and meshes that won't work for a simple face replacer like Fresh Women. NPCs will only use unique bodies if its attached to a custom race or if it is assigned as a naked outfit override like Bijin. That guide you linked is only for follower NPCs who were already set up to use custom bodies and textures that need to be replaced to prevent seams. Another reason not to manually assign bodies is because the clothing meshes won't match their custom body shapes and will instead default to your primary bodyslide preset which will negate all your efforts to assign unique bodies.

Yeah, I tried to do it manually because I only wanted to change that specific mod and not make universal changes in the entire game.