problem with addons

lately, about 90% of all addons I've tried installing, have caused the following error...

error running lua_openstream: .\openstream_add.lua:4136: invalid order function for sorting

Is there a fix for this that I am not seeing, or is something hosed with my installation?

most recent VX update installed.

5 hours ago, zuumster said:

lately, about 90% of all addons I've tried installing, have caused the following error...

error running lua_openstream: .\openstream_add.lua:4136: invalid order function for sorting

Is there a fix for this that I am not seeing, or is something hosed with my installation?

most recent VX update installed.

looks like your installation is indeed hosed.

Maybe one bad addon is screwing up the rest.

Zip the files in your Logs folder and post them or send them to me in a PM and i will have a look

Thanks, Marburg.  you were exactly right with your second suggestion.  One bad addon was conflicting with almost everything else.  Process of elimination was tedious, but solved my problem.

I had these same addons for a while and never had a problem until recently.  Not exactly sure what broke it now, but it's an addon I can easily live without.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I have a problem with addons. I use VX. I put 000.Custom.Body.P722.B722.F22_! O_CalfLegs1 and Person.Shared.p003, for the body and head of the model. When I set them for the model and reload room, nothing changes, and even the face sliders won't work. Something is missing in the addon folder. Maybe some CustomBody and CustomFace txx file is missing. Help please?

Also, why ALT + R does not work for reload textures?

Thank you.

Logs.7z

Btw is there any tutorial somewhere on how to add these addons in the new version? Because the files are packed and I have no idea where to look, or at least I wanted to add a few ;/ I will be grateful for any help links or something ...

Edited by dnwelart
36 minutes ago, dnwelart said:

Btw is there any tutorial somewhere on how to add these addons in the new version? Because the files are packed and I have no idea where to look, or at least I wanted to add a few ;/ I will be grateful for any help links or something ...

Most of old V7.5 addons work with VX,just put them in addons folder,when game start it will unpack for ex txx files,then you can see wath is the content,and also for ex recolor png files etc

On 7/31/2021 at 10:19 AM, Clara Cox said:

Hello. I have a problem with addons. I use VX. I put 000.Custom.Body.P722.B722.F22_! O_CalfLegs1 and Person.Shared.p003, for the body and head of the model. When I set them for the model and reload room, nothing changes, and even the face sliders won't work. Something is missing in the addon folder. Maybe some CustomBody and CustomFace txx file is missing. Help please?

Also, why ALT + R does not work for reload textures?

Thank you.

Logs.7z 850 B · 1 download

I had in the past some bugs with some old V7.5 body mods,one didnt change head,but most of the old addon body mods work,but some where made,in a diferent way back in the time of 7.5.dont know if are related to scripts updates in old game V or the way diferent modders/creators build the body mod

reload room

FYI: when you select a different Body or Face, you need to LEAVE the Customizer room and restart it for the change(s) to take effect.

Alt-R only reloads textures.

older Body and Face mods from the 7.5 version usually dont work 100% in VX. 

48 minutes ago, vascosnts said:

Most of old V7.5 addons work with VX,just put them in addons folder,when game start it will unpack for ex txx files,then you can see wath is the content,and also for ex recolor png files etc

It is that simple? ;o lol I don't have v11 downloaded yet I am stuck with the old versions ;p, I'm using 10.0, is it built in there too? ; p

• 1 year later...

That's why I never touch body mods. If you want her tits (and other things) to look like that, then the better approach is to extend the limits on the morph sliders, then everything else will follow. Otherwise you need to make outfits to fit that exact body. You should ask around KE, someone may have already fitted that one.

With the mods, it doesn't really matter. The settings are the same, but the parts they're trying to convey aren't the same, so you'll always have glitching of different kinds. 

Using a body mod pretty much comes with whatever outfits the author decided to implement. 

Well, it does matter for a lot of things, because that thing you're editing when you make a body mod isn't the actual mesh you see when you run the game. It is a low-resolution, single object driver mesh which allows animation calculations to require less CPU. The meshes you actually see are high-res, multiple objects that follow the base mesh. That's why you can't add or delete vertices when you're making a body mod, or it'll break the skinning on the top mesh(es), and you'll have body parts flying everywhere. And because literally everything in the game was skin-wrapped (a 3DS Max modifier, I don't know what the Blender equivalent is) to the base mesh when it was made, and only follows the armature (skeleton), which was never altered, it will never line up with the new driver mesh. That goes for anything: clothes, shoes, hair, hats, you name it. That's why it's better to change the morph sliders, because you're changing the armature, affecting the entire chain. But, you're right, if you're only running mods for that body, then none of that matters.

Edited by Curtis_S