Modding question - Marriage/Betrothals

Is it possible to mod in a period of betrothal after a marriage acceptance offer? Then a true marriage would be triggered elsewhere or after a period of time? I can't really understand where in the game files a marriage is made after an offer is accepted, only event triggers that don't really do anything.

I see that there is "arrange_marriage_interaction" in "00_marriage_interactions.txt" and in "_character_interactions.txt", it explains that this interaction  "automatically marries/betroths the secondary participants and sets up alliances and hands out prestige", but I'm not seeing where this happens. Am I looking in the wrong area? Anyone have any insight?

It's hardcoded, once the characters hit 16 years of age (or more specifically the age of adulthood defined in the defines) the ai get's the same notification as you "hey, betrothed can marry" and that's about it.

EDIT: this is my 69th post... nice

Edited by rhipeen
8 hours ago, rhipeen said:

It's hardcoded, once the characters hit 16 years of age (or more specifically the age of adulthood defined in the defines) the ai get's the same notification as you "hey, betrothed can marry" and that's about it.

I see where and how they get the notification pop-up and events, but not where it actually marries them.

What about adults that are just accepting a proposal request. Is there a way to manipulate the marriage into a "betrothal", as if they were under 16? 

41 minutes ago, lefselille999 said:

I see where and how they get the notification pop-up and events, but not where it actually marries them.

What about adults that are just accepting a proposal request. Is there a way to manipulate the marriage into a "betrothal", as if they were under 16? 

Like I said before, it's hardcoded.