[Help] Create DAR animations

Well, DAR itself has the tutorial on its description page.

Next, if you use FNIS (for Nemesis I don't know if that works), the "Gender specific animations" check should work for that, too, and probably is the easier way to do it.

Simply put your animations in data\meshes\actors\character\animations\female\[file.hkx]

The female subfolder tells FNIS to use the animations just for female characters.

DAR, as the name gives away, to CHANGE animations during gameplay, based on conditions. Eg if you want other idle animations based on the arousal level DAR is your way to go.

I've seen the tutorial of DAR, but unfortunately I didn't understand how to assign animations to female NPCs only.

33 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Next, if you use FNIS (for Nemesis I don't know if that works), the "Gender specific animations" check should work for that, too, and probably is the easier way to do it.

Simply put your animations in data\meshes\actors\character\animations\female\[file.hkx]

The female subfolder tells FNIS to use the animations just for female characters.

Ok thanks for teaching me about FNIS, that is exactly what I don't want. I have a female character and I want this to go differently ald the female NPC. Therefore I want to use DAR.

Edited by N.Gamma

Then the most simple thing imho would be to take the animations you want to use for all characters and for all NPCs as standard animations.

If you want them to be female/male only, take the way with FNIS and the \female or \male subfolders

Then take the animation files that only your PC should use and put them into the folder

data\meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\Skyrim.esm\00000007\[animation name].hkx

The other possibility would be to use custom conditions

Folder struct: data\meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\_CustomConditions\[number]\[files]

[number] is a folder with a random number as name

For [files]

You'll need one _conditions.txt with the following content

NOT IsActorBase("Skyrim.esm" | 0x000007) AND
IsFemale()

First line excludes PC, second line excludes male chars.

All other files within you're [number] folder are the animation files you don't want to use for your PC

Edited by Mister X
1 hour ago, Mister X said:

Then take the animation files that only your PC should use and put them into the folder

data\meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\Skyrim.esm\00000007\[animation name].hkx

The other possibility would be to use custom conditions

Folder struct: data\meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\_CustomConditions\[number]\[files]

[number] is a folder with a random number as name

One more question.
if I add for my character under "DynamicAnimationReplacer\Skyrim.esm\00000007\female" own walk animations and then under "DynamicAnimationReplacer\_CustomConditions\[number]\[files][number]" also create female walk animations only with the entry "IsFemale()" in the _conditions.txt, are then both de animations used for a female player character or only the player specific?

If I understand your question correctly, then it depends on the number you gave the Custom Conditions folder. That number basically is the priority of the folders: higher numbers overwrite lower numbers.

DAR folders for a specific ActorBase (like DynamicAnimationReplacer\Skyrim.esm\00000007) always have the priority 0 (zero).

Most of the time that's not too important, as the conditions are set up for different use cases, but for your case, you have to keep that in mind.

You also could try to use the Random() condition with the custom conditions. Random(0.1) would use the animations in the folder only 10% of all times, if the other conditions match

Edited by Mister X
7 minutes ago, Mister X said:

If I understand your question correctly, then it depends on the number you gave the Custom Conditions folder. That number basically is the priority of the folders: higher numbers overwrite lower numbers.

DAR folders for a specific ActorBase (like DynamicAnimationReplacer\Skyrim.esm\00000007) always have the priority 0 (zero).

Most of the time that's not too important, as the conditions are set up for different use cases, but for your case, you have to keep that in mind.

You also could try to use the Random() condition with the custom conditions. Random(0.1) would use the animations in the folder only 10% of all times, if the other conditions match

Edited 2 minutes ago by Mister X

So I have to make the entry "NOT IsActorBase("Skyrim.esm" | 0x000007)" if I always want to play the animation from the folder "DynamicAnimationReplacer\Skyrim.esm\00000007". Right?

7 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Yes. Or you give the folder a negative number, the priority number (=the folder name) is a decimal number excluding 0 in the range of -2147483648 to 2147483647

Thank you, then I will probably rather do that with the negative number.

• 2 months later...