Help with clothing (bras)

I have a number of custom bras in my old game that were named F_Lingerie001_BraBlack.png

They do not show up in the new game dropdown options at all although other lingerie in the same folder is active eg F_Casual001_Panty does show up

What is the correct naming convention to get regular bras to show up?

I know that you get custom bras to show up in the Blouses section using R9Blouse176 but that would mean having to redesign my modded bras

F_Lingerie001_BraBlack.jpg

Edited by bogbrush

I've now redesigned this item so that it fits the R9Blouse176 format but it's been quite a while since I've used GIMP to make the accompanying norm and spec maps for hook5

Can anyone remind me/point to a tutorial please?

For the bump file I use - https://charles.hollemeersch.net/njob/  -  It's very simple and gives good results, because the options with bump are a bit unstable in Gimp...

For the spec file - Load the image into Gimp - then choose colors - desaturate to gray scale - then color it with green - if the result is not consistent, experiment with colors. The brighter the shinier ... 

Edited by RidSol
  • 1 month later...

Hi, Gimp's newest version has a build in Normal map generator. You can then export the file as dds with dxt5 format. Don't forget to use mipmaps. You can find the plugin under Filters → Maps → Normalmap.... First load your texture and then use the plugin. For spec maps, you have to take into consideration what material the bra is made of. The specmap controls four different qualities of the material. The red channel controls the metallicity of the object. It should be either 1 (256) which shows up as red or zero (0) which is black, since real world material are either metal (electrics) or non-metals (dielectrics). The green channel controls specularity. This means you can use all values from zero (0) to 1 (256) in this channel, where zero means completely non-reflective (dull) and 1 means full reflection (glossy). The blue channel controls glow. Here the same principle applies used for the green channel, except that this controls the glow of the object. It is multiplied by the glow in the _level_definition.txt and the _pass.txt files. The alpha channel is used for ambient occlusion detail, which cannot be rendered by global ambient occlusion. In your example, this means the shadow detail of your cloth.

You may want to use the channel mixer in Gimp to change the different channels of your specular map. You can find it under Colors → Components → Channel Mixer...