[meme] "Extremely Cultured and Best Hardcore-SK Colony | Rimworld: Hardcore-SK #1"

I never realized Facial Stuff is so horrible. Thankfully Facial Animation isn't? Some of the overly required crafting steps are really too dull. (I draw the line at seeds please. I really hope there is no spinning wheel and loom.

I hate installers. I understand using the archives for snapshots but like I said before. Battletech has been f'ed by the installer.

Edited by SimulatedFantasyHero

1. installer is optional
2. facial stuff  is optional.

try to think a bit or ask on the discord about pack first. and no crafting steps isnt dull your just spoiled by base game handing you everything " here build a super advance star ship out of fucking iron ore."

18 hours ago, sidfu1 said:

try to think a bit

Think a bit?!!!

18 hours ago, sidfu1 said:

your just spoiled

SPOILED?!!!

Do you have any idea how many overpowered things are going to try and kill you in my particular mod pack?

"I better train my colonists... oh I'll make them do NEEDLEPOINT to craft grandma's DOLIEYS."

*Meanwhile Spacer Pirate Radiers are dropping into the middle of the base right now.*

CHILD, my MOD PACK is ready to take a BIG SHIT in your Toliet, not flush and still clog it!

I, sincerely, hope you understand I am joking and this is a joke/satire.  And refrain from "off hand" passive aggressive shit.

Had you asked something nicely like "Explain properly why you dislike refined crafting systems... Because it doesn't seem like you don't appreciate the level of detail or understand the level of work put into it. Almost sounds insulting to mod makers..." I would not have to get into this diatribe.

I understand "Hardcore/Permadeath/Exponential difficulty/Bullet Hell" and feeling good about the challenge of it.

However I do NOT understand, having a Project Zomboid character spending a full day "Foraging" to only find 1 chipped stone and NOT recover the chipped stone from you hand crafted stone axe... and requiring IRL weeks and months to level a particular stat or skill that takes in game YEARS.

It takes about 6 weeks to get in good shape IRL. And 6 months to get to "specimen" level of fitness.

So I kindly ask you to not to try and throw some passive agressive my way and follow up with not my first language or translate.google problem or where on the spectrum you are. and how much the Too Smart trait affects/effects your day to day.. I'm already world-weary. Lets do our best not to push each others luck, sound fair?

For me it's "all of it" or "none of it", So I have zero intrest in theological debates (9 out 10 commandmants) or human sexuality (women can rape males with fisting, footing, weilding log and vagina without a strapon or peg dick...) that people obsess about.)

Yes, I'm sure "civil tribal purist" or "dwarf fortress" players that that enjoy having their characters on the struggle bus...

Worse is those "Conformist" types I've already covered in a different post with a fixation on saying "is it compatible?" (aka "do you believe in Jesus?") type Combat Extended freaks.

Allow me to explain my view point on; WHY over complication and detailed steps are BAD. again this is just MY viewpoint I know I'm not 100% right.. but I am fairly confident in a few of my assesments from time to time. (I don't know if you've played any 4X or RTSs, Kenshi (or Project Zomboid), XCOMs, Terraria, Minecraft... Most of us, don't post our real id's or have profiles detailing the number of hours or types of games we have played...) but I must tell you research in Kenshi takes forever... The goal behind research (as I see is to optimize the steps and to keep you from being forced to do things by hand..) to streamline and optimize steps for repeatable results. (for Kenshi for every level of tech level of research; resources and time are increased by 30% (it's at 130% per research level inside the editor..) Meanwhile while you are researching (if you happen to be in the city, the city guards and raiders WILL out level you in NO time at all. not including how the community had to find the No Cut Efficency patch) and hardcore XCOM if you aren't perfect and exact you will easily be outpaced and lose team members and terriories very fast without the appropriate level of technology not including how bad that 95% hit chance misses 3 shots in a row.

HOW LOW, DO YOU WANT TO GO:

Balance. The balance is not just about weapon damage or deflection or amount of work in vs output. It's about TIME.

Honestly as a developer you have a choice to divide time to tasks (you could argue workspeed/skill/knowledge) however you will have to start EVEN LOWER down the tech tree with "Invention of Fire" there are 100 ways to start a fire correct? Some are ALMOST instant. High powered spark to gas, A lighter with a small flint, even those new plasma type lighters. Other ways require more and more time. So maybe 15 minutes if you have basic knowledge, 30 to 45 minutes as "familar"?

or a 2 fucking days if unskilled to start a fire...(Just look at Tom Hanks from Castaway on how hard it was for him to get a fire going.. Including the moment he hurt himself..)

How about Ceramics... Mud? Bricks (wet or dry straw & hay)? Bricks for construction? Clay? That requires special type of soil... Pottery? even more refined soil types.

Have you heard the expression "piss poor / pot to piss in?" Leather. For primative tanning and curing you need Urine. What about soil richness. Crop rotation? Nitrogen fixation for plant roots? Ideally, you'd want chickens/birds (or a local bat cave) as the Guano smell is easier to tolerate (ammonia levels?) rather then dealing with carnivore/ominvore fecal matter. Herbivore liquid waste (goats/sheep/cows/horses) is easier to deal with except the Ammonia. Even Manure from Herbivors needs time to process/break down into a usuable form ideally 1 or 2 weeks with soil and water so the molds/fungii/bacteria can along with tilling the soil to breath obtain oxygen and help oxidize some chemicals. So, now we have to get into composting... What about concentrates? Potassium Nitrate? Concentrated Urea needs to be usually composted (that is alot of fermenting/crystalizing/evaporating piss!) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5iJZjw8k40

You would also need some level of knowledge pertaining to rock types, in order to have access to Sulfur..

Ashes and Charcoal needs to be of the correct type as well. You can use poor quality firewood sure..(Even use Limestone chucks OR Crushed up sea shells) but hard wood is needed because you want the calcium carbonate to get hot enough to convert to Lime.

https://www.civilquery.com/what-is-lime/#Types_of_lime

http://barrygraygillingham.com/Tutoring/Limestone.html

I'm sure there are people that would love to get into the Dr. Stone tree of science.. That's fucking great.. okay? but The first thing I mentioned was time.

https://www.rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Time

You do not have enough Time to mine out rock/ore and process things and fullfill pawn requirements for well being.

[D] Time Control

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2109225757

Would be GREAT IF it didn't break conflict RimThreaded and other world items.

Speaking of which... Why isn't there Insolation values of on walls? Wood insulates walk in freezers far better then solid Iron Or slate OR granite or limestone..

yet at best we need two double walls of any material.'

So now we have physics to contend with... And by the way the normal technique of making a sealed air pocket between walls does not work so now what?

I don't want to talk about what a fucking mess is the [D] Thermodynamics - Core mod and all the patches for hot foods, beverages and a ton of other things.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2110964897

RedistHeat that got wrapped up in Centralized Climate Control (Continued)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2007268173

Well what about just insulation..

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2196454890

To be honest? This mod is pretty awesome IF it'd didnt cause pawns to be stupid. so Instead of hiding indoors with a camp fire they walk to the other side of the map to stand next to a steam gyser..

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2365526329

Issue with Combat Extended... Having standards is good. But the Fucking retarded seperation of tech levels to "ages".

8th century (greek fire) stone and ceramic jars
9-12 century fuse lit powder
14th Breechloading
1517 smoldering string Matchbox

155x - 1610 Flintlocks
1824 bolt action
1846 First Cartridge Invented
1855 Recoil (spring) operation
1856-1856 gas piston / gas blow back
1863 nitrogen and glycerin by noble (aka the nobel prize) (magic stick boom sticks)
1884 experimental plastic but turned out for pool balls it is NOT good.. made from cellulose and nitric acid (smokeless)
1888 .303
1891 .303 smokeless
1895 lee enfield .303 (wood stock)

1903 .30-06
1909 first "plastics" (Cellophane) / (Bakelite)
1911 M1911 .45 (wood panels or "magical plastic" panels)

1917 M1918 B.A.R. (note. don't call it a "Browning BAR", it's like saying "PIN Number".. the N in PIN means number. The B in BAR is Browning. There are people weird like that.. Hi, Tex.)
1918 Thompson SMG (wood)
1934 M1 Garand .30-06 (wood stock)
1941 PPSh-41 (wood)
1943 M3 SMG grease (all metal)
1947 the 47.. (wood stock)

Kinetic powered traps have been used for ages pre-metalworking!.. from deadfalls with pulleys, wet green saplings and green logs didn't need "spring" research for this. (kindly look at this bearenjager bottle label,

471705317_aSpringloaded.jpg.6529dc8b138ee27f9431ec1e9e4be59a.jpg

This is obviously a "SPRING" loaded trap without a metal spring! Also the old label before people started to become "offended") 

3 out of 5 of the most simple machines were invented/discussed by Archimedes... winch, pulley, lever, wedge, and screw

But In order to have a tripwire or mine you need research what again? What about Fixed crossbow and a piece of string? Turret research?

Napalm is simply refined petroluem, surficants, oxidiers and grease. Colonist joins and has a Magic Wand Stick grenade!?! But we can't figure out how to put it in a clay pot? with some wax and a fuse? That is stupid. 

Combat Extended is fixated on it's versioning and CONFORMANCE to Earth history. If your colonist drop pods in with a M1911.. and Lee Enfield.. It's completely FUCKING RETARDED they can't use a Thompson SMG/M1 garand/PPSh-41. 

Finally I would like to point out the FUCKING RETARD BULLSHIT that is Combat Extended..

https://youtu.be/eFjL-Yf9HoU?t=655

1389593476_GuardedvsUnGuarded.png.2311b4e6d3b2a25b39d18d581753386b.png

The Pawn is naked... Fine... So There is ZERO damage mitigation / armor..

And truth is he flick so fast between edits... I CAN'T TELL IF THE PAWN WAS DRAFTED...

A.) IF the PAWN was DRAFTED There SHOULD be DAMAGE AGAINST HIS ARMS FIRST! aka All victims of knife attacks have wounds on their ARMS.

B.) IF the PAWN was NOT drafted... The TORSE should be RED.. aka lungs shredded on either side.

This is fucking retarded if a BIG BITE goes right through to DESTROY a specific Organ. I understand how Charged shots can pass through Helmets to Mangle brains. but a bite? No.. No.. Fucking RETARDING AND STUPID.

RIMWORLD in General VS Combat Extended...

The fact that we have high tech refined and formed alloys falling from space enough to craft spring loaded and pneumatic launchers without those "levels of technology" and we don't? What about the electrical power related stuff.. Yeah, Raw Iron is used for ElectroMagnets.. Everything in our homes these days uses Aluminum.. Our PCB traces to our internal wiring. SURE we COULD install a Medieval mod pack that makes sure there is no "Science/Technology" based stuff.. But COME ON THIS IS RIM WORLD NOT peasant simulator.

And mods that add "COPPER" ore to force you to process into wiring.. but the truth is Silver is a better conductor of electricity! Even better then Silver? Gold! Gold has the highest conductivity and least resistance and does not oxidize. Explain how we craft a Machining table that needs to use electricity for Ammo again? Every hand loaders bench I've seen is focused on NOT having any sparks in the environment so the tooling is usually aluminum but most of the time it's brass or bronze.

Even if you SKIPPED Incendiary Research/GasOperation/Blowback, Cartridge Making and Smokless. 

You would STILL have a pretty fucking good tech level for something like the 

Remington 1858 Black Powder wheelie gat (stuffed wheel (hot swap reloaded wheels) black powder shot.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC1Zc4zAOwc

still made and sold today..

And any idiot can use a clay pot and gasoline or liquid fuel with a rag stuffed in it...

I think seeds please is cool. Except potato seeds from flowering potatoes. You've seen a potato, and you've seen the potatoes making eyes and how fast just cutting and planting the eyes and still having a potato is. Hell, just within the last few years there have been times where we have gotten tomatoes from the store that never ripened or got soft.. Only to cut open the tomato and see 100's of seeds sprouting and using the tomato "meat" as plant food.

I want a larger crowd to enjoy things not make it so fucking complicated and boring that you may as well be away from the computer and do the tasks IN REAL LIFE...

Personally, Vanilla Social Interactions Expanded needs to have an overhaul and fork... The most enjoyment the least headache. More like the Sims 4 and less like a excel spread sheet. I personally think that HARDCORE-SK is a great project. They make use of all the cool gloomy stuff.. It's TOO CUTE for such a fucking boring long process of growth.

Thank you.. I've thought about it. Spoiled? Maybe, but I have used a hand file to shape a piece of scrap metal for a primative machete IRL for the little crappy hill vineyard. I did spent summers vacations straighting crooked nails for my grandfather to use for carpentry IRL. Spoiled... I've used a real out house and have helped dig a well. No mate, THIS is not it!

P.s. I don't have discord.. I need more IRL numbers for more e-mail addresses. I have a new shit phone from the store with 2 new sims/pre-paid so I can create new e-mail addresses. But.. it comes down to TIME. and working on things. (Well there you go, I've donated my time to explain why I think CE and some of the other things that are require pre-processing world items are shit from; the time wasting perspective and from ingame perspective.

Also PAWNS are fucking stupid, so the more tasks they need to do.. the more chances are they WILL NOT COMPLETE THEM!)

thank you for taking the time to read although it probably only took 1/5 or 1/10 of the time then writing this.

If you have any direct links to NOT the installer and helping us make a good load order for the RJW community please post the links and info. I don't want the patches because I know that is the work of others and that would be unfair to them.

However the mod-load order of Control-F12 with gist.github.com posted would be of real value.

So yes, I've though a lot.. There is a LOT fucking dumb BUSY work.. Hardcore should not be about "must micro manage and balance the exact number of wall to mine out of the wall, crops and even "cells per second" walked to and from in order to do a task.

If you don't mind, that is the last "civil" response I have to the topic... before A.) I'll either post a link to this or B.) Tell people how stupid they are for bringing up something, they themselves did NOT think about...

Here is the HUGSLIB That includes the LOAD ORDER LIST FROM HUGS LIB FOR HARDCORE-SK..

yes, it includes Combat Extended stuff.. after SERIOUS consideration..  no I do not recommend anyone to use it anymore.

!Jun23_HUGSLIB LOAD ORDER LIST.txt

I infact recommend that if you have any older or younger cousins? That mention CE they should be beaten the shit out of and thrown out the window if they casually sneer out of the corner of their mouth "is it compatible.." You have my person pemission to do so while visiting relatives while at your home/apartment..

Including on Juntheeenth (hit them with lit fireworks), Hallow-tweenz (smash pumkin over their head), Thanks-grubbin (all the cranberry jelly down their nose), Christmax (pine tree up the butt), and time to by a New fucking calendar day (make them stick their donger in the champain bottle). Also their Womb Explusion Day (push their face in the cake)..

(I am not a lawyer so this isn't legal advice.. anything above the 1st story will probably cause you problems..)

1 hour ago, Potatodude said:

what's the point of this load list?

Calibration and consistency.. 

1 hour ago, Potatodude said:

Can we even have 1 damn colonists be sucked off by the heads of Bibically Accurate Joris?

*shrug* great question! I don't know!

I know it will help you craft a mod list load order that doesn't break instantly. So less headache and main devs having to respond post your Control-F12 Hugslib.. So there is the value to valuing their time. They are annoyed of the same damn questions being repeated and having people hit auto-sort they probably fucking sick of it. Worse? Using the search function here on LL doesn't work right. 

Personally, I don't recommend posting a public Load Order list that is a peice of shit. So atleast people have a referrence not to be ashamed to do so if they base a part of it like this. and conforming to 

->Full Load order Guide

RimThreaded load order guide

right? *shrug*

Large mod packs

• github_favicon.png HCSK - large and complex Rimworld overhaul modpack

THAT is this.

It's loverslab and there is a picture of Joris but it's not guaranteed that I can get BAJ to suck my colonist's thundercock? I am sorry, I can only deem your modlist as "Moderately cultured and good-enough" at best.

Edited by Potatodude
Punctuation
Just now, Potatodude said:

It's loverslab and there is a picture of Joris but it's not guaranteed that I can get BAJ to suck my colonist's thundercock? I am sorry, I can only deem your modlist as "Moderately cultured and good-enough" at best.

*sigh* Fam. wat? It's the name of the new ep series. how should I know wtf is going on. And you are just thinking about your donger?

What do want me to tell you. Blast some Gachi music? summon some supa soldiers? Floor gang it?

Look here is the the Hardcore SK MOD LIST.. either use it for your own mod list or don't. I am not telling you what to do. I'm not your dad or you mom. Want a sane mod list.. use the above. want something that will most certainly break and piss everyone off? hit auto-sort.

What do you want to hear?!?! BAJ will defiantely bite all 9 colonist hearts at the same time? or that It will take one look at the colony and smite them like sodom and gamora?

5 hours ago, Potatodude said:

LOL. Posted in the middle of the heaving folds of the Loverslab forums wedged between mods for rectal prolapses and RJW.

Yeah, the audience here IS thinking with our dongers and looking to fuck the polar bear. Why would you expect any different?

I'm here thinking we are jibing around and you want to escalate and get mean spirited about things. Yeah fuck a polar bear why not.

Not like we are here sharing mod order load lists or figuring out how to make our mod lists more stable or trying to trouble shoot problems with our lists and the lists of others right?

*throws hands up in futility* This isn't a helpful to anyone. You wasting time.

If it helps people make a modlist load order in a good format and there is less headache for the Devs and the end users it's a win. end of discussion.

On 6/22/2021 at 5:56 PM, SimulatedFantasyHero said:

Think a bit?!!!

SPOILED?!!!

Do you have any idea how many overpowered things are going to try and kill you in my particular mod pack?

"I better train my colonists... oh I'll make them do NEEDLEPOINT to craft grandma's DOLIEYS."

*Meanwhile Spacer Pirate Radiers are dropping into the middle of the base right now.*

CHILD, my MOD PACK is ready to take a BIG SHIT in your Toliet, not flush and still clog it!

I, sincerely, hope you understand I am joking and this is a joke/satire.  And refrain from "off hand" passive aggressive shit.

Had you asked something nicely like "Explain properly why you dislike refined crafting systems... Because it doesn't seem like you don't appreciate the level of detail or understand the level of work put into it. Almost sounds insulting to mod makers..." I would not have to get into this diatribe.

I understand "Hardcore/Permadeath/Exponential difficulty/Bullet Hell" and feeling good about the challenge of it.

However I do NOT understand, having a Project Zomboid character spending a full day "Foraging" to only find 1 chipped stone and NOT recover the chipped stone from you hand crafted stone axe... and requiring IRL weeks and months to level a particular stat or skill that takes in game YEARS.

It takes about 6 weeks to get in good shape IRL. And 6 months to get to "specimen" level of fitness.

So I kindly ask you to not to try and throw some passive agressive my way and follow up with not my first language or translate.google problem or where on the spectrum you are. and how much the Too Smart trait affects/effects your day to day.. I'm already world-weary. Lets do our best not to push each others luck, sound fair?

For me it's "all of it" or "none of it", So I have zero intrest in theological debates (9 out 10 commandmants) or human sexuality (women can rape males with fisting, footing, weilding log and vagina without a strapon or peg dick...) that people obsess about.)

Yes, I'm sure "civil tribal purist" or "dwarf fortress" players that that enjoy having their characters on the struggle bus...

Worse is those "Conformist" types I've already covered in a different post with a fixation on saying "is it compatible?" (aka "do you believe in Jesus?") type Combat Extended freaks.

Allow me to explain my view point on; WHY over complication and detailed steps are BAD. again this is just MY viewpoint I know I'm not 100% right.. but I am fairly confident in a few of my assesments from time to time. (I don't know if you've played any 4X or RTSs, Kenshi (or Project Zomboid), XCOMs, Terraria, Minecraft... Most of us, don't post our real id's or have profiles detailing the number of hours or types of games we have played...) but I must tell you research in Kenshi takes forever... The goal behind research (as I see is to optimize the steps and to keep you from being forced to do things by hand..) to streamline and optimize steps for repeatable results. (for Kenshi for every level of tech level of research; resources and time are increased by 30% (it's at 130% per research level inside the editor..) Meanwhile while you are researching (if you happen to be in the city, the city guards and raiders WILL out level you in NO time at all. not including how the community had to find the No Cut Efficency patch) and hardcore XCOM if you aren't perfect and exact you will easily be outpaced and lose team members and terriories very fast without the appropriate level of technology not including how bad that 95% hit chance misses 3 shots in a row.

HOW LOW, DO YOU WANT TO GO:

Balance. The balance is not just about weapon damage or deflection or amount of work in vs output. It's about TIME.

Honestly as a developer you have a choice to divide time to tasks (you could argue workspeed/skill/knowledge) however you will have to start EVEN LOWER down the tech tree with "Invention of Fire" there are 100 ways to start a fire correct? Some are ALMOST instant. High powered spark to gas, A lighter with a small flint, even those new plasma type lighters. Other ways require more and more time. So maybe 15 minutes if you have basic knowledge, 30 to 45 minutes as "familar"?

or a 2 fucking days if unskilled to start a fire...(Just look at Tom Hanks from Castaway on how hard it was for him to get a fire going.. Including the moment he hurt himself..)

How about Ceramics... Mud? Bricks (wet or dry straw & hay)? Bricks for construction? Clay? That requires special type of soil... Pottery? even more refined soil types.

Have you heard the expression "piss poor / pot to piss in?" Leather. For primative tanning and curing you need Urine. What about soil richness. Crop rotation? Nitrogen fixation for plant roots? Ideally, you'd want chickens/birds (or a local bat cave) as the Guano smell is easier to tolerate (ammonia levels?) rather then dealing with carnivore/ominvore fecal matter. Herbivore liquid waste (goats/sheep/cows/horses) is easier to deal with except the Ammonia. Even Manure from Herbivors needs time to process/break down into a usuable form ideally 1 or 2 weeks with soil and water so the molds/fungii/bacteria can along with tilling the soil to breath obtain oxygen and help oxidize some chemicals. So, now we have to get into composting... What about concentrates? Potassium Nitrate? Concentrated Urea needs to be usually composted (that is alot of fermenting/crystalizing/evaporating piss!) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5iJZjw8k40

You would also need some level of knowledge pertaining to rock types, in order to have access to Sulfur..

Ashes and Charcoal needs to be of the correct type as well. You can use poor quality firewood sure..(Even use Limestone chucks OR Crushed up sea shells) but hard wood is needed because you want the calcium carbonate to get hot enough to convert to Lime.

https://www.civilquery.com/what-is-lime/#Types_of_lime

http://barrygraygillingham.com/Tutoring/Limestone.html

I'm sure there are people that would love to get into the Dr. Stone tree of science.. That's fucking great.. okay? but The first thing I mentioned was time.

https://www.rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Time

You do not have enough Time to mine out rock/ore and process things and fullfill pawn requirements for well being.

[D] Time Control

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2109225757

Would be GREAT IF it didn't break conflict RimThreaded and other world items.

Speaking of which... Why isn't there Insolation values of on walls? Wood insulates walk in freezers far better then solid Iron Or slate OR granite or limestone..

yet at best we need two double walls of any material.'

So now we have physics to contend with... And by the way the normal technique of making a sealed air pocket between walls does not work so now what?

I don't want to talk about what a fucking mess is the [D] Thermodynamics - Core mod and all the patches for hot foods, beverages and a ton of other things.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2110964897

RedistHeat that got wrapped up in Centralized Climate Control (Continued)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2007268173

Well what about just insulation..

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2196454890

To be honest? This mod is pretty awesome IF it'd didnt cause pawns to be stupid. so Instead of hiding indoors with a camp fire they walk to the other side of the map to stand next to a steam gyser..

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2365526329

Issue with Combat Extended... Having standards is good. But the Fucking retarded seperation of tech levels to "ages".

8th century (greek fire) stone and ceramic jars
9-12 century fuse lit powder
14th Breechloading
1517 smoldering string Matchbox

155x - 1610 Flintlocks
1824 bolt action
1846 First Cartridge Invented
1855 Recoil (spring) operation
1856-1856 gas piston / gas blow back
1863 nitrogen and glycerin by noble (aka the nobel prize) (magic stick boom sticks)
1884 experimental plastic but turned out for pool balls it is NOT good.. made from cellulose and nitric acid (smokeless)
1888 .303
1891 .303 smokeless
1895 lee enfield .303 (wood stock)

1903 .30-06
1909 first "plastics" (Cellophane) / (Bakelite)
1911 M1911 .45 (wood panels or "magical plastic" panels)

1917 M1918 B.A.R. (note. don't call it a "Browning BAR", it's like saying "PIN Number".. the N in PIN means number. The B in BAR is Browning. There are people weird like that.. Hi, Tex.)
1918 Thompson SMG (wood)
1934 M1 Garand .30-06 (wood stock)
1941 PPSh-41 (wood)
1943 M3 SMG grease (all metal)
1947 the 47.. (wood stock)

Kinetic powered traps have been used for ages pre-metalworking!.. from deadfalls with pulleys, wet green saplings and green logs didn't need "spring" research for this. (kindly look at this bearenjager bottle label,

471705317_aSpringloaded.jpg.6529dc8b138ee27f9431ec1e9e4be59a.jpg

This is obviously a "SPRING" loaded trap without a metal spring! Also the old label before people started to become "offended") 

3 out of 5 of the most simple machines were invented/discussed by Archimedes... winch, pulley, lever, wedge, and screw

But In order to have a tripwire or mine you need research what again? What about Fixed crossbow and a piece of string? Turret research?

Napalm is simply refined petroluem, surficants, oxidiers and grease. Colonist joins and has a Magic Wand Stick grenade!?! But we can't figure out how to put it in a clay pot? with some wax and a fuse? That is stupid. 

Combat Extended is fixated on it's versioning and CONFORMANCE to Earth history. If your colonist drop pods in with a M1911.. and Lee Enfield.. It's completely FUCKING RETARDED they can't use a Thompson SMG/M1 garand/PPSh-41. 

Finally I would like to point out the FUCKING RETARD BULLSHIT that is Combat Extended..

https://youtu.be/eFjL-Yf9HoU?t=655

1389593476_GuardedvsUnGuarded.png.2311b4e6d3b2a25b39d18d581753386b.png

The Pawn is naked... Fine... So There is ZERO damage mitigation / armor..

And truth is he flick so fast between edits... I CAN'T TELL IF THE PAWN WAS DRAFTED...

A.) IF the PAWN was DRAFTED There SHOULD be DAMAGE AGAINST HIS ARMS FIRST! aka All victims of knife attacks have wounds on their ARMS.

B.) IF the PAWN was NOT drafted... The TORSE should be RED.. aka lungs shredded on either side.

This is fucking retarded if a BIG BITE goes right through to DESTROY a specific Organ. I understand how Charged shots can pass through Helmets to Mangle brains. but a bite? No.. No.. Fucking RETARDING AND STUPID.

RIMWORLD in General VS Combat Extended...

The fact that we have high tech refined and formed alloys falling from space enough to craft spring loaded and pneumatic launchers without those "levels of technology" and we don't? What about the electrical power related stuff.. Yeah, Raw Iron is used for ElectroMagnets.. Everything in our homes these days uses Aluminum.. Our PCB traces to our internal wiring. SURE we COULD install a Medieval mod pack that makes sure there is no "Science/Technology" based stuff.. But COME ON THIS IS RIM WORLD NOT peasant simulator.

And mods that add "COPPER" ore to force you to process into wiring.. but the truth is Silver is a better conductor of electricity! Even better then Silver? Gold! Gold has the highest conductivity and least resistance and does not oxidize. Explain how we craft a Machining table that needs to use electricity for Ammo again? Every hand loaders bench I've seen is focused on NOT having any sparks in the environment so the tooling is usually aluminum but most of the time it's brass or bronze.

Even if you SKIPPED Incendiary Research/GasOperation/Blowback, Cartridge Making and Smokless. 

You would STILL have a pretty fucking good tech level for something like the 

Remington 1858 Black Powder wheelie gat (stuffed wheel (hot swap reloaded wheels) black powder shot.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC1Zc4zAOwc

still made and sold today..

And any idiot can use a clay pot and gasoline or liquid fuel with a rag stuffed in it...

I think seeds please is cool. Except potato seeds from flowering potatoes. You've seen a potato, and you've seen the potatoes making eyes and how fast just cutting and planting the eyes and still having a potato is. Hell, just within the last few years there have been times where we have gotten tomatoes from the store that never ripened or got soft.. Only to cut open the tomato and see 100's of seeds sprouting and using the tomato "meat" as plant food.

I want a larger crowd to enjoy things not make it so fucking complicated and boring that you may as well be away from the computer and do the tasks IN REAL LIFE...

Personally, Vanilla Social Interactions Expanded needs to have an overhaul and fork... The most enjoyment the least headache. More like the Sims 4 and less like a excel spread sheet. I personally think that HARDCORE-SK is a great project. They make use of all the cool gloomy stuff.. It's TOO CUTE for such a fucking boring long process of growth.

Thank you.. I've thought about it. Spoiled? Maybe, but I have used a hand file to shape a piece of scrap metal for a primative machete IRL for the little crappy hill vineyard. I did spent summers vacations straighting crooked nails for my grandfather to use for carpentry IRL. Spoiled... I've used a real out house and have helped dig a well. No mate, THIS is not it!

P.s. I don't have discord.. I need more IRL numbers for more e-mail addresses. I have a new shit phone from the store with 2 new sims/pre-paid so I can create new e-mail addresses. But.. it comes down to TIME. and working on things. (Well there you go, I've donated my time to explain why I think CE and some of the other things that are require pre-processing world items are shit from; the time wasting perspective and from ingame perspective.

Also PAWNS are fucking stupid, so the more tasks they need to do.. the more chances are they WILL NOT COMPLETE THEM!)

thank you for taking the time to read although it probably only took 1/5 or 1/10 of the time then writing this.

If you have any direct links to NOT the installer and helping us make a good load order for the RJW community please post the links and info. I don't want the patches because I know that is the work of others and that would be unfair to them.

However the mod-load order of Control-F12 with gist.github.com posted would be of real value.

So yes, I've though a lot.. There is a LOT fucking dumb BUSY work.. Hardcore should not be about "must micro manage and balance the exact number of wall to mine out of the wall, crops and even "cells per second" walked to and from in order to do a task.

If you don't mind, that is the last "civil" response I have to the topic... before A.) I'll either post a link to this or B.) Tell people how stupid they are for bringing up something, they themselves did NOT think about...

sorry for how i posted that as i just now noticed that itg had [meme] on the start. ive never  really been into the whole meme scene and i have a utter crap sense of humor. feels llike the older i get the  more crap my sense of humor is.
all your points are valid.  i think we do good for how much we have to fight the game to do things at times. the only one  i didnt  agree with is the rimthreaded part. imo i dont feel rimthreaded is ready for mass uses which is why we dont rush to use it. we try to keep the pack as close to plug in play as we can.

1 hour ago, sidfu1 said:

i didnt  agree with is the rimthreaded part. imo i dont feel rimthreaded is ready for mass uses which is why we dont rush to use it. 

I totally understand.. Fact is only 3 days ago did RimThreaded say it was RJW compatible..

RimWorldofMagic (RWoM) wiki

https://rwom.fandom.com/wiki/Mod_Order_Guide

only has a few examples.

I only meant the LOAD ORDER GUIDE.. that wiki.. just happens to be on the RimThread github..

https://github.com/cseelhoff/RimThreaded/wiki/Mod-Order-Guide

it is more comprehensive then just the outline of

the wiki has the same formatting principles and ideology as RWoM.. and it has a very good start list for people to use.

Fact is I searched a ton for good load order mod lists to have everything working together. A ton of lazy work has been done many places, auto-sorters are really shitty.

I don't feel 100% confident with my Load List Order.. but I only have one error (hats display selection for Rabbies) and one warning [Vee] Retexture Apparel to be put ABOVE Apparello 2

Fact is If I put Apparello 2 above [Vee] Retexture Apparel then [Vee] Retexture Apparel it complains needs to be put ABOVE VEE Retexture Apparel. aka chicken egg problem.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/170312-load-order-modlistxml/#elControls_3413258_menu

I'm fighting with the system to keep it stable.. I've taken out a bunch of texture packs and enhancers. 

https://static.loverslab.com/uploads/monthly_2021_06/1240467912_6GbofIntegratedGPUofa1060isNOTENOUGH.png.79dc31a5e72774d749b626d9acbf321c.png

My load time is about 15-20 minutes.. I will be honest. Hardcore-SK does load up very fast!

I can see only two issues in my HugsLib..

One RimEffect - Races has a bug with the Vorcha:

FactionDef VorchaFaction must have at least one pawnGroupMaker with kindDef 'Peaceful', or 'permanentEnemy', 'isPlayer' or 'hidden' should be set to true. Otherwise no guests from this faction will arrive. This is a misconfiguration in Rimeffect Races [1.2].
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

That and I break the better loading UI screen "Time"

Encountered exception while rendering loading screen: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x00029] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0 
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) [0x00009] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0 
  at Verse.GenCollection.Pop[T] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] list) [0x00007] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0 
  at BetterLoading.LoadingScreen.OnGUI () [0x00569] in <2f3883595033470784e0017231244863>:0 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[BetterLoading:HugsLib Compat] HugsLib has Loaded, Reloaded, and Initialized. Marking as done.
[BetterLoading] Finished processing load list, hiding.
[BetterLoading] Game load has finished. Timing data follows:
Spent 252496.8156ms reading, building, and patching XML tree.
Spent 50722.7333ms turning XML into def instances.
Spent 1130277.5317ms resolving cross-references and running post-load, pre-finalize callbacks.
Spent 1490474.2821ms running static constructors (initializing mods).
Spent -63760081489178.8ms running post-finalize callbacks.
In total, spent 3904141.8566ms launching the game.
[Best Mix] was applied to 166 work bench(es).
[RimHUD v1.7.0] Integrated with Pawn Rules
[BetterLoading] Obtained lock, assuming we're done with post-finalize.
Finished post-finalize at 637600824702312532

There are other issue I have and possible cross conflicts but I'm currently not seeing any errors, except there are some strange behaviors.

Spoiler

Mine.png.a5e04d8ff85f605cba3cdf075b6de4a8.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've played with the Hardcore SK mod a lot over the last year, it's fun sometimes but there's a lot of tedium involved in certain aspects of it that turn me off on prolonged use. Like 4 or 5 different kinds of components, needing 5 different materials for a lightbulb and while I really like the graphics overhaul the stone is fugly when building into a mountain base. I'm slightly exaggerating on what it takes to build a lightbulb, but only by like 1 material.

I've tried to watch people on youtube play with the mod pack but they just make me grit my teeth. I sit here and scream at the monitor trying to get them to stop doing stupid shit. Luckily everyone I've seen play with it always play on like builder level.

• 2 months later...

I could imagine some random youtuber posting this playthrough on pornhub although alot of the options will need to be turned off like bestiality and necrophilia cause of pornhub terms and stuff since they dont allow those... Kinda wish there was a safe well known site that doesnt have any restrictions like these so we can watch the full raw mayhem thats gonna happen on those vids XD

Imagine a pack of sexual frustrated Wargs comes knocking on your door (and someone commentating it XD)

Porntuber "shit there are wargs knocking down my door! OH GREAT now their knocking up my colonist" *pauses game *zooms to colonist, "great now I have to live with a colony without child support"

Edited by kiothecloud