How can I prevent NPR China Dress clipping into body when using COS?

First off, I am posting here because I don't want to Necro the thread for the NPR China Dress -

I'm having an issue where the dress folds back and clips through my character, which was supposed to be fixed per the mod authors own notes. I noticed the mod comes with an xml file called "cbbe" and I'm wondering if editing that might fix my issue? I'm using COS CBBE body, and I have the havok object equipped. I just have very little experience modifying havok physics, so any help is greatly appreciated! 

20210609203719_1.jpg

3 hours ago, Lili_Cakez said:

First off, I am posting here because I don't want to Necro the thread for the NPR China Dress -

I'm having an issue where the dress folds back and clips through my character, which was supposed to be fixed per the mod authors own notes. I noticed the mod comes with an xml file called "cbbe" and I'm wondering if editing that might fix my issue? I'm using COS CBBE body, and I have the havok object equipped. I just have very little experience modifying havok physics, so any help is greatly appreciated! 

Just so you know, it wouldn't be necro'ing the thread in this case, since that one serves as a support thread for the mod download.  But it's ok to post it here, maybe more eyes will see it.

I'm not currently running Skyrim Special Edition, so I can't test it (This section of the forum is for Legendary Edition support), but I had a look at the files in the download.  It looks like there is 1 local copy of the armor, that includes the CBBE bodyslide, as well as an offsite mirror. 

I'm assuming you installed NPRChinaDress(Daiemonic Edit)4.2_CBBE.7z. But also there is a file called NPRChinaDress Updated Physics(02-10-2017).  Did you merge that patch into the mod after you installed it, and then build the outfit in bodyslide according to your preset?

Edit: Oh and also, from the look of that video, that dress has SMP physics (the dress waves around when moving) but it's difficult to tell from the support thread if the submitter integrated the SMP into this conversion.  Someone in the thread offers them the SMP file, but they never specify that they added SMP support.  So there's also that conundrum.  Looking closer, the youtube video appears to be also the submitter of the mod.  So I'm leaning towards that this armor is requiring HDT-SMP to be present or it's going to look real bad.  And if that's the case, and you aren't running HDT-SMP, you'd need to resolve that issue first before getting this armor built for your body or it's just not going to work.

Edited by Marg597
Edit, SMP questions
13 hours ago, Dodzh said:

you'll need the cbbe version of the the mod as well if they have it the bodyslide, then run bodyslide and adjusted it for your character body type

This I do know how to do.

12 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Just so you know, it wouldn't be necro'ing the thread in this case, since that one serves as a support thread for the mod download.  But it's ok to post it here, maybe more eyes will see it.

I'm not currently running Skyrim Special Edition, so I can't test it (This section of the forum is for Legendary Edition support), but I had a look at the files in the download.  It looks like there is 1 local copy of the armor, that includes the CBBE bodyslide, as well as an offsite mirror. 

I'm assuming you installed NPRChinaDress(Daiemonic Edit)4.2_CBBE.7z. But also there is a file called NPRChinaDress Updated Physics(02-10-2017).  Did you merge that patch into the mod after you installed it, and then build the outfit in bodyslide according to your preset?

Edit: Oh and also, from the look of that video, that dress has SMP physics (the dress waves around when moving) but it's difficult to tell from the support thread if the submitter integrated the SMP into this conversion.  Someone in the thread offers them the SMP file, but they never specify that they added SMP support.  So there's also that conundrum.  Looking closer, the youtube video appears to be also the submitter of the mod.  So I'm leaning towards that this armor is requiring HDT-SMP to be present or it's going to look real bad.  And if that's the case, and you aren't running HDT-SMP, you'd need to resolve that issue first before getting this armor built for your body or it's just not going to work.

This is for LE, I don't play SE, and yes I installed the updated Physics patch to the mod. Also, I'm pretty sure its standard HDT-PE, not SMP, but I have tried both and still have the issue. I noticed the included CBBE xml file doesn't include a body, could that possibly be the issue here? The dress collides properly with the legs, which is all the xml contains. And thank you for your replies! ❤️

If you look at the .gif file and the video on the mod download page you linked, see how the dress is moving around like that and not static?  That's because it is using Skinned Mesh Physics (SMP).

If you are using HDT-PE, then you can get cloth physics with SMP-PE.  I'm pretty sure you can't used HDT-PE and HDT-SMP at the same time?  but maybe someone knows differently.  Edit: This thread says HDT-PE and HDT-SMP are not compatible and may have more info for you.

I just took a look at it with my LE install.  I have HDT-PE and SMP-PE (smp+pe hdt patch 0802) installed, and I also have the 'havok object' which is also Cosio afaik but I got it from the Leyenda all-in-one mod.

On my setup the front of the dress moved around ok, but the back of the dress sort of stuck out and didn't want to be flat.  When I jumped it moved a little, and jumping sometimes can fix armor that is sticking out in SMP, but it didn't help this time.  Maybe it looks better with HDT-SMP but I can't test that.  I don't know if it's an issue with the mod or my setup.  Also that voice that kicks in when equipping the armor freaked me out lol.

Maybe try posting your load order, there are people on here with far greater knowledge about armor and physics that can maybe help better. 

Edited by Marg597
  • 7 months later...

sometimes I just found the lower part of a long dress  is start clipping though legs whenever I run or walk at a certain time[Especially happens a lot when you run though a small hill,the legs you will see.]. and getting stuck at the leg.

This not only happens in Skyrim SE or LE. Also happens in Fallout 4 Games.
Is it because the limitation of the game engine?

Edited by wongvict