Wolfenstein: The New Order

HanPL

The rumors were right. Bethesda today announced Wolfenstein: The New Order, a new entry in the seminal first-person shooter series heading to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, and next-generation consoles during Q4 2013.

Wolfenstein1_31527_embed.jpg

The New Order is set in 1960 after the Nazis won World War II. Gamers play as the familiar American war hero B.J. Blazkowicz and are tasked with launching an "impossible counter-offensive" against the Nazi powers that have taken over the world.

Set in Europe, The New Order will have players infiltrating Nazi strongholds and battling legions of enemies, while taking control of "super weapons" that the Nazis have used to dominate earth--"and beyond," Bethesda teased.

The New Order is in development at MachineGames, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bethesda parent company Zenimax. The studio was established in 2009 by the founders of Starbreeze Studios (Chronicles of Riddick) before being acquired by Zenimax in 2010.

The game's debut trailer is available above. Check back every day this week for more coverage from GameSpot on Wolfenstein: The New Order.

The most recent entry in the series was 2009's Wolfenstein, which was developed by Raven Software and published by Activision.

22691134.jpg

Hmmm....will have to wait and see on this one. RTCW was the last one I played. Wonder if I still have the modded version I saved to CD.....

If there's multiplayer involved, I hope that ALL content is still available to single players. Still haven't found a workaround to emotes in Torchlight 2, and hope when I pick up Tomb Raider on sale that all the added content can be used without going into multiplayer mode.

Why is there no chance to play for the Germans? :) It's so boring

That would be in poor taste... It would literally destroy the game maker who did it.

It would make the game illegal in Germany. While here in America we have freedom of speech, the game companies bend to pressures ALL the time, which is why sex is non existent but violence is everywhere. That is ass backwards in my book, but then again America is very twisted in values.

LT:DR Playing Nazi's will never happen...

Why are alternate history games always "Nazis take over the world.", "Soviets take over the world" or "the United States is still in a civil war".

Yes I suppose Wolfenstein is nothing without Nazis but still. Also I'm not sure how a series is considered "seminal" when only one of the games is considered any good.

Okay I'm done.

Why are alternate history games always "Nazis take over the world.", "Soviets take over the world" or "the United States is still in a civil war".

Because if the Nazis, Soviets, or the Confederacy ended up losing out, it wouldn't be an 'alternate history'.

Because if the Nazis, Soviets, or the Confederacy ended up losing out, it wouldn't be an 'alternate history'.

That's not my point, it's that there's a lot of other alternate history possibility that doesn't involve these 3 things.

Archived