Tech Support. Game hasn't worked AT ALL since the last major patch

I'm at my wits end. 

Since the last major patch, nothing has worked properly. When the game would load, I got the infinite blank window bug. I tried filtering out my mods, erased my events, nothing helped.

So maybe it was all the Lovers Lab mods? Nope. Maybe it was all the mods? Vanilla game? Nothing.

Uninstall, Reinstall. All DLC, no mods.... It crashes when I choose ship type. All the choices are blank, I pick one and it crashes. This is will zero mods and a fresh install. 

56 minutes ago, Pfactor said:

Uninstall, Reinstall. All DLC, no mods.... It crashes when I choose ship type. All the choices are blank, I pick one and it crashes. This is will zero mods and a fresh install. 

At that point, you can rule out Loverslab mods. Seems to me like you might be better off contacting support from the game's official forums.

Have you tired deactivating any Anti-Virus Software (especially Avast) before playing the Game?! (Just to try if that Works... if yes, read ahead to put in some exceptions to your AV)
Seems like some AV causing problems since the latest Game-Patches.

You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/* launcher-v2.2021.xxx/paradox launcher.exe to the exceptions list of your AV Software and try again playing the Game.
(* launcher-v2.2021.xxx is the latest used Paradox Launcher Version for the Game - at the moment of this post it should be launcher-v2.2021.5.1)

15 hours ago, WolverineCTX said:

Have you tired deactivating any Anti-Virus Software (especially Avast) before playing the Game?! (Just to try if that Works... if yes, read ahead to put in some exceptions to your AV)
Seems like some AV causing problems since the latest Game-Patches.

You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/* launcher-v2.2021.xxx/paradox launcher.exe to the exceptions list of your AV Software and try again playing the Game.
(* launcher-v2.2021.xxx is the latest used Paradox Launcher Version for the Game - at the moment of this post it should be launcher-v2.2021.5.1)

Not running any AV software.

The issue sounds related to the GPU(Computer is having an error rendering 3D ship)/storage(HDD/SSD is having an error delivering the file to the computer. This is unlikely due to reinstalls but theoretically possible).

Some possible solutions:

General: Might be worth doing a more complete uninstall. For instance going to your AppData folder and deleting "Pardox Interactive" folders and going to your documents and deleting anything setting related and avoiding your mods folder. When you reinstall it should be more clean. If it still doesn't work it's possible it's system related.

General: An idea might be to use the steam beta features to change your settings back to a previous version and see if that works. It's possible that something has changed in your system.

General: Try reinstalling/repairing Stellaris' requirements.

Storage: Try uninstalling Stellaris and then reinstall it on another drive.

GPU: Reinstalling GPU drivers etc.

GPU: "Fur Mark" is a GPU stressing program which is intended to see if your GPU can survive its current settings in load heavy conditions. If you can run furmark for a minute without a crash it's likely that the GPU can be ruled out. Be aware of your GPU's temperature above 80 degrees Celsius and your in the danger zone (Be careful).

Failing all of these and without reinstalling Windows/your preferred OS, your options are to submit a ticket and wait for Paradox to fix it : ( 

• 2 weeks later...

This has happened to me with other games. Uninstall, go to game folder delete any left over files (sometime steam fudges (un)install processes. Clear your documents folder too. Then install from scratch, this usually fixes vanilla start-up crash issues for me. If this doesnt work then talk to paradox, cause i doubt anything else will on your end.

My stellaris has been running fine with latest build, performance enhancements worked well, though everyone has their own opinion on new pop balance.

edit: just realized you had a different issue than i thought you did, this might still work but idk.

Edited by Shuuu