Any users which like fishing here?

Ark of Truth

I do like to fish.  I have been fresh water and salt water fishing and honestly both are fun. 

Good fishing is a combo of good beer, good food and good company.  Whether the fish bite much is irrelevant........course if they do then it is the icing on the cake.  :)

Emily papa likes fishing. He ussually sail twice a week and catch quite a bounty which he share with his fishing buddies. It almost made the poor man deaf doing his hobby. Good thing emily never runs out of fresh supply of sashimi and sushi whenever she needs them.

...Of course, it wouldn't last forever though. Considering he been smoking in his entire life. But the man love the sea and provides his family as long as emily can remember.

I really like the fishing..you know I have many tour for different  lake oceans and had fishing on every tour and have a many heavy weight fish and  salmon fish and many more fishing is my favorite hobby I just bought a new waterproof jacket for my safety during the fishing..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest flingingfeces

HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD!  I LOVE fishing man and i wish I was on the lake now,  but sadly I had to sell my boat :(  On the other hand my dad has one and now I can go with him which is cool.  Anyway  I mostly fresh water fish and mostly just for Bass.  Back in the day I made a killing at tournaments with my brother and that's all we did was Bass fish so I guess that's why I love it so much.  

I also love fishing in Twilight Princess XD When I got to that part in the game that's all I did for weeks and I still go back and play it pretty often.

Poseidon

One of my fondest sailing, and fishing memories, was a trip from the South Shore of Long Island to our desitination of Block Island.

As we left through Fire Island Inlet, locally known as the Sore Thumb due to the shape the inlet it had taken over the years, things got a bit rough. We had planned our trip well in advance, and many not being able to change dates last minue and unluckily had to follow a small hurricane leading East by Nor' East out to Montauk Point. Needless to say I and the rest on board were sea sick the entire 21 hours to the Point.

As we rounded the Point though, the sun broke through with morning to reveal a most wonderous day. After a very brief heated debate with our First Mate, I corrected our course to Block Island. ( I was ready to throw the fool overboard, believe me. Certainly not letting some idiot take me out to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.)

Having prepared for sailing rough seas and fishing both, I laid out two hefty rods and reels, both with 75lb test. Mid way between Montauk and Block Island I saw tell tale signs of gulls and knew we'd be in for fish. I yelled to all on board to ready themselves, yet none new the adrenaline rush, and later total fatigue they were in for.

Two hours later, of everyone including myself pulling in double and triple blue fish on each pole, another smacking them unconcious and running a fore to hang them from the bow, then side rails and eventually aft, we caught sight of Block Island ahead. Almost as if Poseiden ordered it, the fish retreated back to the depts, bringing on a calm only a true seaman or sailor will ever know.

As we entered Block Island Harbor, with no less than a simple 30' sailboat laden with fish from every inch of life line, every fisherman came to to ask where and when we had caught such a bounty. We gladly gave coordinates as we discovered they had been in a dry spell for weeks. Needless to say, we had no problems trading fish, and stories, for plenty of ice cold beer that day, and well into the night...

Archived