Complete newbie but I know how to follow instructions, what am I missing

Hello, thanks for reading my first post. Just got doa6, and obviously want to check out the mods.. So I download Redelbe 3.0, copy the folder and dinput8.dll into DOA6 folder. Then following the video I opened up the random select folder from the extra options in Redelbe. Copy and paste into Layer2 folder under doa6/redelbe/layer2. They are in there. But when I start the game and use the back button I see no options or toggle for the random selections. I tried to download a mod or two here and same result. the folders appear correct, but my game just isn't recognizing them. I have spent a day trying to make this work, is there something I am missing? I followed the video with the Olaf model to a tee... Thank you!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im in the same boat, i have REDELBE 3.0 and its in the main dead or alive folder.... Looks like this:    Dead or alive 6/REDELBE  

Im trying to use the nude mod, i put it in layer2m when i push back on the controller, i even tried F on the Keyboard, it just does not acknowledge anything..... I have version 1.20 of the game, the readme didnt help matters much i had to surf google to figure out where to put files...... Glad to know im not the only one confused

• 6 months later...
On 8/20/2021 at 8:03 PM, jackrider53 said:

Im in the same boat, i have REDELBE 3.0 and its in the main dead or alive folder.... Looks like this:    Dead or alive 6/REDELBE  

Im trying to use the nude mod, i put it in layer2m when i push back on the controller, i even tried F on the Keyboard, it just does not acknowledge anything..... I have version 1.20 of the game, the readme didnt help matters much i had to surf google to figure out where to put files...... Glad to know im not the only one confused

The F key is usually the only one that works. I think some authentic XBox One controllers work... that's about it. Install a couple of the "All" mods, like the santa bikini or the Licorice Leaf mods. You have to be on the exact slot the costume is designed for when pressing F. The vast majority of them are for slots 3-7. So You'll mostly need to go down 2+ slots from the initial one. Each mod is tied to a specific slot. So if I cycle to Hitomi slot 2 with the licorice leaf installed and press F... nothing will happen. But if I scroll down to slot 4, it will.

One reason you mostly see slots 3-7 used is because everyone has that regardless of DLCs. And also because some characters like Mai and Tamaki don't have 40+ slots like Kasumi so if you made it for slot 045 on Kasumi, you'd have to make it on 14 for Mai... which is confusing even for the modder.

Placing the dll in the main folder and having the Redelbe folder as in the top level game folder is correct. And the vast majority of your mods will go in the Layer2 folder of the Redelbe folder. You do have to make sure the mods are in the right directory structure though. Some modders upload with an archive that is just a Layer2 folder, some put it in Redelbe, some put it in the name of the mod first, then when you go inside there is either a Redelbe or a Layer2 folder. So when decompressing your mods, you have to dig into subdirectories until your reach Layer2 and then copy that over.

• 1 year later...

I was having a problem making the mods work at first. What I was doing wrong was copying the contents of the folder directly into Layer2. Keep the folder and its contents and paste the whole thing into Layer2. If that helps anyone. Also in the readme.txt from Redeble if you have a non-Xbox controller you may need to download another program called DS4 Windows. Just Google DS4 Windows it comes right up and then follow the instructions from the readme.txt and the DS4 Windows program.