Jump to content

Helmet with CollaTKane?


Recommended Posts

Yo, I'm a newb, been messing around with CollaTKane for a bit and managed to get some assets  ported into the game; it's been mostly trial and error (probably cause I'm stupid).

Basically I'm looking to see if there's a batfile anyone knows about or has created for the conversion of helmets. I've tried using the bat file for run_exemple_UserHat1_Hair_Hat_VX but it seems whenever I try and create a mesh that covers the whole face it never loads (works perfectly fine when mesh is above the head). Maybe there's a way to edit the bat or scene files to fix this? Any reply is helpful. Thanks in advance.

 

Link to comment
54 minutes ago, weirdguyngl said:

managed to get some assets  ported into the game; it's been mostly trial and error (probably cause I'm stupid).

Most probably not.. you already made it further than most ever will.

The initial learning curve of the Blender & CollaTKane "toolchain" is steep and documentation is limited and/or outdated.

Unfortunately, i know nothing about making clothes, hair, bodies or indeed helmets. I've also got some cool meshes waiting to be converted as soon as i figure out how to do it.

So i cant offer you much practical help but i do have some advice: keep experimenting!

 

Study the scripts for existing helmets and compare them to your efforts.

Look at how the CtK batch files work and how they differ.

BTW: is suspect that particular batch file is used to make a HairSizer compatible Hat so it probably assigns the wrong DressZone to your Helmet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment

Thanks for the reply! Whilst it sucks there is no definitive answer I'll definitely take your advice and keep experimenting - after all that's pretty much how I got the hats to work.
As for the helmet probably not being assigned to the right dress zone because of HairSizer compatibility I'll see if this is something I can fix in the bs files.

Link to comment

Well, I think I might able to help on this, but I'm not an expert user with CollaTKane, I'm just like you, trial and error person that managed to load a addon Mod in to TK17 VX using CollaTKane 3.2.

 

Please see below tips from me.

 

1. Don't use the standard female or male body .dae files (TRS_group(female).dae or TRS_group(male).dae) in the \CollaTKane\Resources folder as Modeling reference.

Instead you need to use the hair_group.dae found in that Resource folder, then modify the mesh according to that. It is just a Head mesh only.

2. Make sure your Addon is structured in blender as below screenshot I attached. (You need to use hair_group for exporting the modeled 3d mesh)

Note: there is no weight painting required for your addon Mesh.

3. Export the Dae file from blender (Hope you know this already)

4. Run the .bat file sample I provided in attachment.(You will need to update the CollaTKane.exe  path in the 1st line and the Addon name "YourModName01" as per your addon name. This one will create Hook5 textures as well)

 

Hope this helps.. ?

Structure.png.c05ad9adca28378dcfe0006bdd1bdc00.png

 

 

 

run_VX_Helmet sample.zip

Edited by mr.lister
Link to comment
12 hours ago, mr.lister said:

Well, I think I might able to help on this, but I'm not an expert user with CollaTKane, I'm just like you, trial and error person that managed to load a addon Mod in to TK17 VX using CollaTKane 3.2.

 

Please see below tips from me.

 

1. Don't use the standard female or male body .dae files (TRS_group(female).dae or TRS_group(male).dae) in the \CollaTKane\Resources folder as Modeling reference.

Instead you need to use the hair_group.dae found in that Resource folder, then modify the mesh according to that. It is just a Head mesh only.

2. Make sure your Addon is structured in blender as below screenshot I attached. (You need to use hair_group for exporting the modeled 3d mesh)

Note: there is no weight painting required for your addon Mesh.

3. Export the Dae file from blender (Hope you know this already)

4. Run the .bat file sample I provided in attachment.(You will need to update the CollaTKane.exe  path in the 1st line and the Addon name "YourModName01" as per your addon name. This one will create Hook5 textures as well)

 

Hope this helps.. ?

Structure.png.c05ad9adca28378dcfe0006bdd1bdc00.png

 

 

 

run_VX_Helmet sample.zip 609 B · 2 downloads

Wow! Thank you very much! This is exactly what I was looking for!
I see the process for making helmets is pretty much the same for hats in CollaTkane except with the run_exemple_UserHat1_Hair_Hat_VX bat instead - no weight painting required (unless you're making blouses and dresses).
Did you make the bat file yourself or is this something that was on a newer CollaTkane I'm missing?
 

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Marburg said:

I'm having an issue with the hood and gasmask i produced with this bat file... the items cannot be "undressed" in the customizer.
anyone have a tip how to fix that?

 

Make sure the name you given to the addon mod is same in both blender and in the bat file.

for example, in my above my screenshot, I gave

both blender mesh name and object name as YourModName01

also the name for addon group as YourModName01_group

So, you need to give the name in the bat file also as YourModName01

Then your undress not working issue should resolve.

 

Similar problem happened to me and I wasted 2 days to understand it. ?

 

Edited by mr.lister
added more info
Link to comment
10 hours ago, weirdguyngl said:

Wow! Thank you very much! This is exactly what I was looking for!
I see the process for making helmets is pretty much the same for hats in CollaTkane except with the run_exemple_UserHat1_Hair_Hat_VX bat instead - no weight painting required (unless you're making blouses and dresses).
Did you make the bat file yourself or is this something that was on a newer CollaTkane I'm missing?
 

 

I'm glad it helped you.. ?

The bat file is a one I created with many try and misses, so I mostly learn it by my self by spending a lot of time. However the existing sample bat files with the CollaTkane helped me a lot.

Link to comment

I'd like to add a note regarding the CollaTKane parameter "XxXacTargetXxX" as used in the example batchfile

 

 -sv "XxXacTargetXxX" "hat_rotation_group"

 

This parameter should be considered carefully as it determines the position/rotation/scaling category used in the Customizer Accessories menu.

 

category.jpg.d52eed9f40a9538b5de84949f4b3a707.jpg

 

IMNSHO it should ideally match the DressZone / selection category ie. if an addon appears in the Hood category it should be controlled by the Hood sliders and a Helmet by the Helmet sliders etc. So in the case of my latex hood, i changed the DressZone to "DZ_Hood" and acTarget to "hood_rotation_group"

 

 

 

 

Edited by Marburg
Link to comment
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. For more information, see our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use