.esp which can overwrite another .esp?

I am trying to make a mod, Devious Followers Gaudy Ring Deal -> Cute Nose Ring Deal - Adult Mods - LoversLab, This version works but i did by changing the Devious Followers.esp directly instead of having my own .esp that overwrites it.

The mod I am making only needs to add some assets, add some "armor parts" and "armors" and change some dialogue and "armor" from devious followers.

How do others make mods that change other people's mods?

(I tried making devious followers a .esm and that worked, I could edit it and it worked ingame but then I tried changing it back to an .esp and it didn't work anymore cuz it was searching for the .esm)

Can you please help me?

44 minutes ago, lucakro said:

(I tried making devious followers a .esm and that worked, I could edit it and it worked ingame but then I tried changing it back to an .esp and it didn't work anymore cuz it was searching for the .esm)

Open your .esp in xEdit, go to the File Header and change the .esm in the master files to .esp. Note that you have to change it back to .esm every time you want to edit it in the CK, as that removes all .esp masters on saving, for whatever reason.

38 minutes ago, Skitskurr said:

Open your .esp in xEdit, go to the File Header and change the .esm in the master files to .esp. Note that you have to change it back to .esm every time you want to edit it in the CK, as that removes all .esp masters on saving, for whatever reason.

How do I change it back? I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help though

21 hours ago, lucakro said:

I dont want to just add them, I need to change the armor referring to the armor part and have it refer to the new one, sorry I explained it wrong

Theoretically, the method should work the same. You still need to have the nif and the Partitions , which must be the same, both in Tes5Edit and in Outfitstudio
It should be sufficient to modify the various strings and, if necessary, add the Masters (ESM).
If you want to add an ESM (DD for example), you will need to select that Master as well in order to use it. This, of course, brings with it the obligation of the requirement

1 hour ago, Lestat1627 said:

Theoretically, the method should work the same. You still need to have the nif and the Partitions , which must be the same, both in Tes5Edit and in Outfitstudio
It should be sufficient to modify the various strings and, if necessary, add the Masters (ESM).
If you want to add an ESM (DD for example), you will need to select that Master as well in order to use it. This, of course, brings with it the obligation of the requirement

Yeah :p, I got so far. The issue I am having is the devious followers is an esp, I can change it to an .esm temporarily to edit it in the creation kit however those changes aren't made to devious followers.esp (the mod) they're made to the esm of I just made.

Where do i go from that point?

Do you understand me? I dont know if im explaining it wrong.

23 hours ago, lucakro said:

Do you understand me? I dont know if im explaining it wrong.

You are trying to generate an ESP instead of an ESM . In the example I showed you, I only used Tes5Edit, Outfitstudio and Nifskope

The point is that the ESP must be filled in completely from 0.
To perform the compilation, I suggest to open any ESP of the followers in Tes5Edit, study it in the compilation and, generate a new one by making the changes you want

It is a feasible operation even using only Tes5Edit . Make a backup of any ESP you have installed, rename it and then clear it of contents . In the example below, any ESP, cleaned of contents, named as Test, ready to be recompiled and subsequently renamed according to its use. Obviously, for some modifications, like placing items / NPC's / Follower, CK will be needed . Theoretically, by converting the ESM to BSA, you should be able to use the ESP. Not having much practice with CK, I don't know if this process is feasible

Spoiler

Immagine.jpg.5e7616ce83aae320da77a135c06d937b.jpg