I'll convert your low poly character to a high poly version!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a "cheeky" request if you are willing.  One of my favourite Oldrim Companion mods was "Freyane the Body Proud" by YuiH X Kofman. (He/she/they  have subsequently removed her from the web as far as I can tell. I have emailed him to ask permission to port her to SE, but no reply received in a year. (I still have the file in my LE downloads, though and trying to convert her head was an abysmal failure - she came out looking like a Grandma!)  - And, as she doesn't wear much clothing at all, that's more than a tad... distracting....

As you can see  from the images, he did an AMAZING sculpt of her face in Oldrim

If I convey a link to my cloud, could you take a look, Pretty Please? The rest of the mod converted OK as I decided to change her Body to a Default Body, so any mod should work with her.  You can contact my email at wurger41ATgmailDOTcom and I'll send the link.  (I miss her....) I will NOT be distributing it beyond my own HDD or SSD on PC.

40468959.jpg

68340903.jpg

Edited by Wurger41
Wrong file uploaded, and error corrected spelling
37 minutes ago, tdktwan said:

Perfet?20210903171859_1.jpg

Are you planning to make a conversion guide? Cause I do have another lp character and I'm having trouble converting it on my own, tried to follow the guide by watching this

but struggle to port it to SE version:( 

The steps I take are very similar. Yeah I'm gonna write a comprehensive guide in the following days that feautures this and a bit more stuff. 

15 hours ago, Seygas_theatear said:

So what mod do we need to add high poly heads?  Edit.  Nevermind its in the OP.  Thanks for taking a look!

Reveal hidden contents

20210904181447_1.jpg.74f8fd05b9222afd8ecc776081fce501.jpg

RolyatLow.nif 1.01 MB · 1 download

1 Rolyat EyeFix.jslot 73.24 kB · 1 download

Hmmm something is wrong with you preset it seems. The eyebrow mesh is in the wrong spot have you noticed that? It's clipping through the head. I can still fix it and do the conversion although it would be wise to check your mod setup first. 

Yeah, i've been messing with it.  Just didn't want to start over.

I'll probably try this on it... I have the original for the low poly, but its outdated.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38493

I figured it out... I just had to clear culpts on the brows mesh with everything else unselected and then inflate the mesh until they were visible.

Edited by Seygas_theatear
4 hours ago, Seygas_theatear said:

RolyatLow.nif1 Rolyat EyeFix.jslot

Ok so here's the corrected Low Poly.  Sorry for the trouble, but thanks for pointing it out.

Reveal hidden contents

20210905135139_1.jpg.e3a406e803d6a5ada48153cdf4e04cd2.jpg

Welll this took quite some time. Fixes assymetry, sharp edges, brows placement. Heck. I even got it working with HP brows (it was easier than the make it work with th LP). You exported the head with her mouth open, but for the conversion I had to close her mouth. Before you import her. Set all expressions to 0 first and after followe the steps in this topic. You better follow me for this one. 

Roylat HP Final.nif

1 minute ago, Seygas_theatear said:
  Reveal hidden contents

20210905195750_1.jpg.338196b40ef7203dea0f83cec07a9f1d.jpg

Wow that looks so much better.  Much appreciated!!!!

No problem. In the screenshot I can see you use a low poly brow mod and therefore the brows are in the wrong place again. First install a high poly brow mod, select your preset and switch to a high poly brow to get it in the right place again (you know it's high poly when it has more polygons in the sculpt tab than the one above). You might need to import the nif file again.

49 minutes ago, cheesemonster said:

If you're still doing this can you convert my character?

i use https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/37107 by the way. if that makes any difference to the process. i dont knoeKayla.rar

Here you go. The fact that you created the head with that mod installed doesn't matter. However, when you use the high poly head, there is probably no patch that you can install if you still want to use that mod. It will still work if you follow the steps in this topic. Kayla HP.nif

• 2 weeks later...