long lost mods

Bashis

A little off topic

How do you arrange your folders for mods... I have had large collections sometimes in the 100's of megabytes of compressed zip folders until it gets so big and disorganized that I get frustrated and eventually start deleting them. At first I didn't mind because I could always find them again. Now some are not available and I kind of regret not having them. Even if they didn't work because they were outdated I might of been able to use some textures or something myself. You know organization naming etc. Or is your collection just as disorganized as my own

@theskid

Did you find it yet. I tried and couldn't.

i got a big folder called new vegas, and in it, subfolders such as weapons, visual fx, hud/utilities, questmods, clothing, body base, companions and so on, and just store my .rar archives accordingly. for things like sexout that get updated regularly, just overwright the old with the new as to not have craploads of versions of the same thing. so when i want to find something, i just go look in the correct folder.

Cool. I was just keeping them in a folder (7z) with the name version and creator. After awhile I would forget what one was, where the dependencies etc. Only recently I started breaking them up by mod like sexout. Never thought of keeping them by type of mods...

This will help me formulate a nice organized plan of attack. Thanks. :P

Since this Monster Mod uploaded esp is named differently does that mean it's unusable with the Rebalanced Levellist/ Vanilla Spawn chance mods? I know those were made with Monster Mod 10 and not 10a (the newest) so they do cause errors in FNVEdit, but I remember not having much fun without them (getting ****ed by demons just a few steps outside Goodsprings at level 3)...anyone  still using them or getting them to work? :/

Also, I found it from god knows where, but do you remember the "Sarcasm" mod? It just added snarky and humorous responses to replace the vanilla speech options in most cases. "smartass.esp" That one isn't on the nexus anymore but was really really good.

i dont have it, but that mods very misleading, as you still cant change your race with it without losing your perks n stuff, what it allows you to do is modify your hair, name, and facial structure without losing stuff, which you can already do without a mod.

so if you actually wanted to change race you would still be s.o.l., because it didn't do that in the first place.

the mod just lets you press activate on a mirror then launches either face changing, name changing, or hair changing, which all can be done with console commands, with no mod, and wont wipe your perks

Edit Name: shownamemenu

Edit Hairstyle: showbarbermenu

Edit Face: showplasticsurgeonmenu

Ah okay thanks. I wasn't aware I could make edits and still be safe as long as i stay the same race, which is what I wanted to do.

The lighting in the editor and in the game world are way too different

Since this Monster Mod uploaded esp is named differently does that mean it's unusable with the Rebalanced Levellist/ Vanilla Spawn chance mods? I know those were made with Monster Mod 10 and not 10a (the newest) so they do cause errors in FNVEdit, but I remember not having much fun without them (getting ****ed by demons just a few steps outside Goodsprings at level 3)...anyone  still using them or getting them to work? :/

Also, I found it from god knows where, but do you remember the "Sarcasm" mod? It just added snarky and humorous responses to replace the vanilla speech options in most cases. "smartass.esp" That one isn't on the nexus anymore but was really really good.

i have no clue as to the leveled lists mod, i uploaded the archives the exact same way i downloaded them, and since its not my mod i don't know about compatibility and such.

as for your snarky dialog mod your in luck ;)

smartass.esp

Any chance you have the latest version of Fo3's "Owned!"?

Google searched fallout 3 owned, the very first result is a working download link, please at least try to look for mods before posting here, this thread is about digging up mods that are very hard to find or are completely nonexistent on the internet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have no clue as to the leveled lists mod, i uploaded the archives the exact same way i downloaded them, and since its not my mod i don't know about compatibility and such.

Is this for 3 or NV?

Is this for 3 or NV?

If you are asking about "smartass.esp" being for 3 or NV it is for NV.

On the parts for the monster mod, what do i go about doing with them? do i merge all of them? and then how do i make the updated patch(10a) work? At the moment im getting invisible monsters that are untargetable by VATS. I have no idea what im doing!

*EDIT* nevermind got it working

sorry but i don't have the iws plugin, i use more than just momod to populate the wasteland so my game is chaotic as hell without it, so i never thought to download it.

@mailamea

after looking through my stuff i do have a mod that has saiden storms name in it, its a weapon effects plugin, if he puts his name on everything then that's the only one i have of his, if not then i could have more and not know it.

Sorry late reply:

I would like to get a copy of his weapon effects plugin.

Here are the names of his mods : Enhanced Combat Maneuvers or ECM and Creature Compendium they are both for Fallout3, oh god i do hope you have them since i've been planning on porting those for quite sometime now.

Thank you so much.

don't have either of his other 2 mods you listed, they must have been taken down before i started modding my game, because they seems like ones i would have grabbed instantly, but here's the weapon effects plugin of his.

Thanks.

It was one of the first 2 mods that got me to play any fallout game, i mean if you see his RC versions of his mods its so amazing, i never was able to save a backup of those mods since i thought those are the kinds of mods that won't go down since the author is one of the first person that tackled scripting in any beth games starting from oblivion.

I contacted him too but with no luck, he seems to be gone.

don't have either of his other 2 mods you listed, they must have been taken down before i started modding my game, because they seems like ones i would have grabbed instantly, but here's the weapon effects plugin of his.

Thanks.

It was one of the first 2 mods that got me to play any fallout game, i mean if you see his RC versions of his mods its so amazing, i never was able to save a backup of those mods since i thought those are the kinds of mods that won't go down since the author is one of the first person that tackled scripting in any beth games starting from oblivion.

I contacted him too but with no luck, he seems to be gone.

I have found some attempted "clones" for New Vegas but that is about it. I'm sure I have the Fallout 3 ones on disk here somewhere.

It's odd, he just seems to get to beginning of 2011 and just disappears.....

Archived