Trails of Cold Steel IV - Nude Textures

2 hours ago, Tiressia said:

@Golden Power
You can try to install a fresh version of ToCS 4, having a working controller then. And then, 1 by 1, activate 3DMigoto and the mods, checking after each step if the controller budges.

It's certainly a compatibility issue with 3D Mig and PS4 controller gamepad input. I just did another test where I checked each file and whether I could use PS4 controller. I can play the game perfectly with all other files in the folder except for d3dll.dll.

d3dll.dll - this file, once added to the game folder simply stops my PS4 controller working on Steam. If I delete this file I can use my PS4 controller with Steam no problem but without mods :/

The pic below I am using your mods perfectly but with a Bluetooth keyboard. I cannot use the mods together with PS4 wireless controller on Steam. But I can use the PS4 controller perfectly if I delete the mods. No idea why this is... Hope you or someone else can figure out why.

PXL_20210527_025929277.jpg

@Golden Power

Which OS are you using? If you use Linux + WINE like I do, disabling or enabling the native libraries may help. Or using Lutris to launch the game.

Note that there is a controller-settings menu both in-game and in Steam  --> settings  --> Controller

I suppose that you already looked into those options, but I'm mentioning it just in case. Perhaps you can tweak it somehow.

There also is a d3d11.dll in the Protons, in "(ProtonFolder)\dist\share\default_pfx\drive_c\windows\system32". You may want to install Proton, and try that version of the .dll instead.

1 hour ago, Tiressia said:

@Golden Power

Which OS are you using? If you use Linux + WINE like I do, disabling or enabling the native libraries may help. Or using Lutris to launch the game.

Note that there is a controller-settings menu both in-game and in Steam  --> settings  --> Controller

I suppose that you already looked into those options, but I'm mentioning it just in case. Perhaps you can tweak it somehow.

There also is a d3d11.dll in the Protons, in "(ProtonFolder)\dist\share\default_pfx\drive_c\windows\system32". You may want to install Proton, and try that version of the .dll instead.

I'm just a casual gamer playing on a Windows notebook or some shit haha. All that stuff is outta my league. I just know that with 3d migoto my PS4 controller doesn't work on TOCS4 on Steam and if I delete 3d mig my controller works without issue on that same game. Sucks because you got so many good mods and they DO work on my game but only if I'm willing to trade off my Bluetooth PS4 controller use.

But I'm not willing to do that as I can't play with PC controls. But I appreciate you taking the time to try help me. I'll download and try and new updates or future mods you make in the hope suddenly they work for me without causing controller issues. 

Manually installed, having replaced all folders from the previous mod by the updated ones.

The messages appear already while the game is loading, and they change a bit over time.

In the original costume menu, not in the game field, the Lloyd Red Costume still has the black area behind the skirt part. I don't know what it looks like in the loader's costume menu since I didn't use it yet.

After selecting some other costumes, the messages seem to have stopped appearing.

Kindly,

T.

Screenshot from 2021-05-28 18-05-03.png

Edited by Tiressia

Manually installed, having replaced all folders from the previous mod by the updated ones.

The messages appear already while the game is loading, and they change a bit over time.

In the original costume menu, not in the game field, the Lloyd Red Costume still has the black area behind the skirt part. I don't know what it looks like in the loader's costume menu since I didn't use it yet.

After selecting some other costumes, the messages seem to have stopped appearing.

Kindly,

T.

Screenshot from 2021-05-28 18-05-03.png

You need to replace the d3dx.ini and the common.ini as well. The previous d3dx.ini didn't contain the variable $mods, that seems to be the problem to me.

5 hours ago, Teosz said:

You need to replace the d3dx.ini and the common.ini as well. The previous d3dx.ini didn't contain the variable $mods, that seems to be the problem to me.

I actually forgot to upload the shaderfixes used by that d3dx.ini. My bad.

ShaderFixes.7z

and $mods variables is toggled by pressing F2. Which will disable/enable mods.

Mods on = $mods actived
Mods off = $mods desatived

Edited by The Butler
11 hours ago, The Butler said:

I actually forgot to upload the shaderfixes used by that d3dx.ini. My bad.

ShaderFixes.7z

and $mods variables is toggled by pressing F2. Which will disable/enable mods.

Mods on = $mods actived
Mods off = $mods desatived

Thanks, but that isn't the issue here. I mean, I didn't have any errors while fixing the mod. And I didn't touch that folder. After I was done with the fixes, I've changed the ShaderFixes folder as well. Deleted a bunch of unnecessary files and updated the help and startup overlays as well. Everything was still alright after that. I'm pretty sure that the d3dx.ini wasn't replaced here, because I've got the same error with the bath-towels and astral nude mods since that use $costume_mods instead of $mods in the ini.

Since I've took the time to write a loader it would be good if people would use it, because it could become troublesome to manually replace all the files. And that is the result. The loader takes care of coping everything to their right place. Even I use that loader, and I've got no errors. @Tiressia In the screenshot above I also see, that Juna/Bush and Juna/PG also installed. Those are exclusive, so even after replacing d3dx.ini with the correct one, a duplicate hash error will be shown. The loader wouldn't have been allowed you to do that. I haven't tested the loader on Linux, but electron (in which it was written) is cross-platform by design. Although I've only compiled the windows one, it is basically just a Chrome browser window, so it should be fine using it with wine.

On 5/29/2021 at 7:27 AM, Teosz said:

Thanks, but that isn't the issue here. I mean, I didn't have any errors while fixing the mod. And I didn't touch that folder. After I was done with the fixes, I've changed the ShaderFixes folder as well. Deleted a bunch of unnecessary files and updated the help and startup overlays as well. Everything was still alright after that. I'm pretty sure that the d3dx.ini wasn't replaced here, because I've got the same error with the bath-towels and astral nude mods since that use $costume_mods instead of $mods in the ini.

Since I've took the time to write a loader it would be good if people would use it, because it could become troublesome to manually replace all the files. And that is the result. The loader takes care of coping everything to their right place. Even I use that loader, and I've got no errors. @Tiressia In the screenshot above I also see, that Juna/Bush and Juna/PG also installed. Those are exclusive, so even after replacing d3dx.ini with the correct one, a duplicate hash error will be shown. The loader wouldn't have been allowed you to do that. I haven't tested the loader on Linux, but electron (in which it was written) is cross-platform by design. Although I've only compiled the windows one, it is basically just a Chrome browser window, so it should be fine using it with wine.

Is there a way to make the other mods work with your loader? So we lose the errors and don't have to keep using the old ini? The other two mods are just loose files in the Mods/Textures folder. Will copying the folder structure from your installed mods work or do they need to be added to the loader and applied that way?

@NumberXer0 It is enough if they are inside the mods folder. I've actually made it work, but put the lines handling the compatibility into the wrong file.

Replace the common.ini and the d3dx.ini with these ones and it should work. Tested, no errors, and the bathing towels works (I can't check the astral form, but it should too). If you replace them in the loader folders, it will copy them the next time. I'll include the corrected ones in the next release. I may incorporate those two later, but I have to ask for permission first.

common.ini d3dx.ini

1 hour ago, Teosz said:

@NumberXer0 It is enough if they are inside the mods folder. I've actually made it work, but put the lines handling the compatibility into the wrong file.

Replace the common.ini and the d3dx.ini with these ones and it should work. Tested, no errors, and the bathing towels works (I can't check the astral form, but it should too). If you replace them in the loader folders, it will copy them the next time. I'll include the corrected ones in the next release. I may incorporate those two later, but I have to ask for permission first.

common.ini 2.37 kB · 2 downloads d3dx.ini 22.89 kB · 2 downloads

Gotcha, it all works great now. All mods working and zero errors. Thanks a million! =P

Untitled.thumb.png.1340f3c11e42977709195e6ea8433a3d.png

I love the transparent towels, but I don't seem to have that mod?
In the Eryn hot spring, when they are resting, their towels are still opaque.

Neither do I have equipable towels btw. Are they delivered in a later stage of the game? (I am now at the point of going to Milsante, after the resting day where I controlled Kurt).

How do I get the mod that @NumberXer0 shows here, @Teosz?

With regards,

T.

Edited by Tiressia

Update: Thanks to the updated ini files from teosz, I now have transparent towels in the fairy spring. But the screen shot from NumberXerO implies that I should be able to get them in my inventory somehow?

There are rumours that I should somehow be able to get those? In that context they name NG+ savegames. What are those?

They also mention that I could use CheatEngine to add the towels to my inventory, but they didn't give any detailed instructions for it: what item nu,bers to look for, and how to find the location of my savegame inventory in memory.

I wonder if the towels' opacity can be reduced even further?

1 hour ago, Tiressia said:

I wonder if the towels' opacity can be reduced even further?

The transparent towel mod was created by me.
I'll be updating the mod soon, and I'll add a file with increased transparency as an option at that time.
Also, I'm currently coordinating with @Teosz on the integration of the mods.

Spoiler
On 5/6/2021 at 1:25 AM, S_S_Majin said:

Bathing Clothes See-Through Mod v1.1 update

Bathing Clothes See-Through Mod v1.1.7z
Emma's Astral Form Nude Mod

Emmas Astral Form Nude Mod.7z 3.32 MB · 420 downloads

This mod uses "3Dfix-DOAX-VenusVacation-2.3". (included)

WS003170.thumb.JPG.b22c50263aec4f560eef85c8375bf73c.JPG

WS003163.JPG.618ab059766ca580855b84236ed10289.JPG

WS003158.JPG.951edf5bc96412e86dd5c0c9c9d5e228.JPG

Edited by S_S_Majin
13 hours ago, Tiressia said:

I love the transparent towels, but I don't seem to have that mod?
In the Eryn hot spring, when they are resting, their towels are still opaque.

Neither do I have equipable towels btw. Are they delivered in a later stage of the game? (I am now at the point of going to Milsante, after the resting day where I controlled Kurt).

How do I get the mod that @NumberXer0 shows here, @Teosz?

With regards,

T.

The towels are unlockable throughout the game by seeing the various bathing scenes with those characters.

https://samurai-gamers.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iv/costumes/

^ They are know as "Yugi" in that link, but simply Bathing Clothes ingame. Almost every girl in the game gets one, even non playable ones.

You have 2 choices on getting them early game. Either unlock them legitimately and carry them over with NG+ or use Cheat Engine to give them to yourself. I did the latter, as I didn't want to wait until endgame to unlock them and I wanted to use them throughout the entire game.

Actually, you may want to use a NG+ save regardless because it allows you to change the costumes of every character in the game. Its the only way to get the non playable ones in their towels. I used a complete save I downloaded online and started NG+ with it, unlocking full customization. Then I used CE to give myself the towels.

Untitled.thumb.png.e3d031af1094705833fcdc2f2c3b008e.png

Edited by NumberXer0

Where do I see those scenes, and find NG+ savegames, @NumberXer0?

I'm not sure. I'm not that far in the game to actually see the bathing scenes. All I know is they take place on the Courageous II ship. As for the saves, anywhere on Google I guess. There are multiple sites with 100% saves. Just pick one and use that save to start a NG+ run.

Thanks for responding, @NumberXer0

I found a NG+ :) The next challenge is to copy the towels to my actual savegame(s). I'd be happy with any tips that you could give me.

Update: I found a copy of CE, including a memory map for CS4. It includes a character editor somehow??

With regards,

T.

Edited by Tiressia
update
14 hours ago, Golden Power said:

If anyone using these mods finds a way to make them compatible with Steam WITHOUT disabling the PS4 controller function please let me know :) Keep up the awesome mods ?

Same with steam overlay. I cant take screenshots.

8 hours ago, tigers said:

Same with steam overlay. I cant take screenshots.

It is a shame some functions of steam are disabled with these mods (for whatever technical reason) as these mods are great and I'd love to do a playthrough with them. 

But I am hopeful some wizard will find a solution for us!