Plasma "Recharger" Weapon v2

Plasma "Recharger" Weapon v2

View File

2021-05-07 - NEW SECTION

A new version of this file has been uploaded. The following changes have occurred:

* The plasma weapon is now contained inside of a suitcase. The suitcase is in the same location as where the plasma weapon was originally (slightly underneath the ramp to the enclosure just after you have exited Vault 111, which is at the beginning of the game). The screenshot is slightly outdated but still valid; Where the plasma weapon is in the screenshot is where the suitcase is now.

* The suitcase also contains a lore-friendly note that describes the properties of the plasma weapon: (1 shot generated per sec, shuts off after 60 shots total in inventory, having more than 60 shots exposes player to radiation, dropping weapon causes all shots in inventory to be removed, dropping weapon when the player has too much ammunition exposes players to a brief radiation burst). NOTE: The notes describe a more lore-friendly plasma weapon but the weapon in this version is still the same overpowered one as in previous versions.

* The plasma weapon is now completely unmodded and should be unmodded. In the prior version where the weapon was already in the game, the weapon may have generated into the game world with a stock or scope or some other mod.

2021-05-07 - END OF NEW SECTION

2021-05-04 - NEW SECTION

Added screenshot to illustrate where a physical copy of the recharger weapon is located. If you can not see the screenshot, the weapon is located near the ramp to the enclosure just after you have exited Vault 111 (at the beginning of the game).

Added a new version of the file that now has a recharger weapon physically in the game. You may still use the console commands to acquire a copy of the weapon, should you so choose.

2021-05-04 - END OF NEW SECTION

2021-05-01

OVERVIEW - The file contains one overpowered (consider yourselves warned) unmodded plasma gun that regenerates unique plasma ammunition once per second to a maximum of sixty rounds. This is an evaluation version of this mod and the weapon is not located within the game world. You need to add the weapon to the player using the console command "player.additem xx000f9b 1" (do not type the "xx" as this is reserved for your mod index order; if this mod index order number is "1a," you would type "1a000f9b"). No screenshot is needed; This is an ordinary-looking plasma gun just as in the game.

The weapon is:

** Power Armor friendly.

** Mod attachment friendly (you may mod it just as you would a normal plasma gun).

** "Never Ending" legendary mod friendly (should you add it through the console commands).

Dropping the weapon onto the ground eliminates all of the unique ammunition from both the weapon and your inventory. However, unequipping the weapon does not affect ammunition count.

There are two scripts in this mod for those who are sensitive about adding mods with scripts. As with all mods that contain scripts, do not use this mod on any savegame that you do not want to unduly influence permanently.

The file was compressed with 7-zip. It should (hopefully) work "out-of-the-box" if installed with Mod Organizer 2. Otherwise, you can unzip the file manually and install the individual files manually (it is just one .ESP & two .PEX files with two optional .PSC files).

The mod is only dependent upon the Fallout 4 base game (no DLCs required).

"It's not a bug, it's a feature" warning - As of this version, the unique ammunition for the weapon may be dropped from the Pipboy menu. It's not exactly game-breaking, but... You should be aware of it. I'm not presently smart enough to make the ammunition a quest item (if it is even possible). But if you are smart enough, I would really like to hear from you (hint hint).

Enjoy.

Can you make it give the weapon to the player without using the console? I use the X12 plasma rifle mod and it has an option that comes up to have the weapon given to you when you first load up the game with the mod in it after installing. I just had to use console commands to remove the fifth level of strong back after uninstalling a dodgy strong back mod and I'd rather not tangle with the console again.

On 5/2/2021 at 4:24 PM, Stormer said:

Screenshots or something my dude?

Thank you for your feedback. I have posted one screenshot for you; It displays both the recharger weapon (an ordinary-looking plasma gun) and it's location: Next to the ramp to the enclosure where you first exit Vault 111 at the beginning of the game. I hope that this has helped you.

On 5/2/2021 at 4:56 PM, Farsh-nuke said:

Can you make it give the weapon to the player without using the console? I use the X12 plasma rifle mod and it has an option that comes up to have the weapon given to you when you first load up the game with the mod in it after installing. I just had to use console commands to remove the fifth level of strong back after uninstalling a dodgy strong back mod and I'd rather not tangle with the console again.

Thank you for your feedback. I have uploaded a new version of the file where there is a physical in-game copy of the recharger weapon for you to acquire. If you can not see the screenshot where the file is located, the weapon is next to the ramp to the enclosure where you first exit Vault 111 at the beginning of the game.

There is a new version of this mod available for download. In brief, the plasma weapon is in the same location but is now contained within a suitcase along with lore-friendly notes describing the properties of the plasma weapon.

• 3 weeks later...