Looking for 3d modeler to make a "Bar of Melted Bottlecaps".

I actually have an extremely small (but useful, probably to someone), a mod that doesn't use any scripts has 1 object and 2 recipes (which work, tested).

Basically, was trying to come up with a mod that isn't rewriting a bunch of things to allow me to store Caps somewhere, so searching the World Wide Weeb, I discovered that 10,000 bottlecaps equate to 52 pounds, so I did some math and came up with a value that works and doesn't involve any bad exchange issues, both going to and from the item I'm about to discuss, works flawlessly, I can trade/store the item and later sell it (they may not give the full value) or convert it back to Caps.

The Chem station can create a "Melted Bottlecaps Bar", equates to 1923 Caps (10lbs worth of caps), I know it isn't BIG, but it is realistic because I'd think 100lbs of caps on that Chem station would crush it or worse, melt it and you in the process.

So right now for testing, I'm using the "Silver Bar" model, because I can't make models or textures.  So what I was hoping, was someone here with some time on their hands could whip up using that same Silver Bar, a mangled bar (melted some) with caps sticking out of it here and there, so it looks like you tried to melt stuff into a bar and didn't get it 100%.  All I can offer is a mention in the description of the mod of the author of the object.  It shouldn't be too difficult to do (for people who know how to do this stuff that is), so hopefully someone will be able to assist me in this, as I would like to actually post this on anywhere willing to take it, Bethesda.net for sure so XBox1, PC and PSx will be able to use it, as there isn't any scripts and only the mesh and texture of the new bar.

Hope someone is up to helping,

GuruSR.

On 4/27/2021 at 7:21 AM, GuruSR said:

I actually have an extremely small (but useful, probably to someone), a mod that doesn't use any scripts has 1 object and 2 recipes (which work, tested).

Basically, was trying to come up with a mod that isn't rewriting a bunch of things to allow me to store Caps somewhere, so searching the World Wide Weeb, I discovered that 10,000 bottlecaps equate to 52 pounds, so I did some math and came up with a value that works and doesn't involve any bad exchange issues, both going to and from the item I'm about to discuss, works flawlessly, I can trade/store the item and later sell it (they may not give the full value) or convert it back to Caps.

The Chem station can create a "Melted Bottlecaps Bar", equates to 1923 Caps (10lbs worth of caps), I know it isn't BIG, but it is realistic because I'd think 100lbs of caps on that Chem station would crush it or worse, melt it and you in the process.

So right now for testing, I'm using the "Silver Bar" model, because I can't make models or textures.  So what I was hoping, was someone here with some time on their hands could whip up using that same Silver Bar, a mangled bar (melted some) with caps sticking out of it here and there, so it looks like you tried to melt stuff into a bar and didn't get it 100%.  All I can offer is a mention in the description of the mod of the author of the object.  It shouldn't be too difficult to do (for people who know how to do this stuff that is), so hopefully someone will be able to assist me in this, as I would like to actually post this on anywhere willing to take it, Bethesda.net for sure so XBox1, PC and PSx will be able to use it, as there isn't any scripts and only the mesh and texture of the new bar.

Hope someone is up to helping,

GuruSR.

You can easily do this yourself in the outfit studio. The game has ingot models, cap models. Just import the models. Select the meshes and sculpt the desired shape using morphs. Export to one nif. Edit textures as needed and assign a new material. The collision for such objects is simple, and if it is not a physical object, then the geometry of the collision is not important. It will take a long time to create a model from scratch in blender or 3ds, so the result will not be worth the cost.

But the issue with that is, I need separate nif and textures, plus when melting the caps, the texture on them should burn off, so I need blank caps, plus the bar I'm currently using is silver, there is no aluminum ingot in the game that I found.

GuruSR.