Anthro Bear

vegaorc

The main problem of this race is the pointy ear shape. Simply sticking Khajiit ears onto that head will never make a proper bear.

More rounded ears are in order for a true bear race.

Maybe it's possible to use resources from the various dog races Qawsed Asap has made? I've never tried those races, but there should be several non-Khajiit ears included to choose from and maybe even a better head mesh with a more prominently protruding snout. The texture from that bear race could be a template to be adapted in case a different head mesh will be used.

By the way - you're the Johny Alvez? Welcome to LoversLab, good sir! I'm very fond of your wonderful bodybuilder armor conversions, I've combined elements from those remodels with Room207's for my male characters.

By the way - you're the Johny Alvez? Welcome to LoversLab, good sir! I'm very fond of your wonderful bodybuilder armor conversions, I've combined elements from those remodels with Room207's for my male characters.

Hehe, yes I am! Thank you! I'm not a very experienced modder tho..

Back to the main question, I guess I could do it myself but from what I've read modding head shapes is very difficult :\

That's why I think it's better to use existing resources. Modifying the ears might be easier to pull off though. Can't say for sure, I have no modeling experience at all and just mess around with textures mostly (and some primitive NifSkope edits).

It's an interesting project in any case. There are far too little such uncommon beast races out there. Probably the reason I stick to humanoid and elven races all the time. I think I can adapt the original bear face texture to a different head mesh once you have found one you might like more. Or do you like the bear race's head already as is? Then it's just a question of finding or even making better ears for a more bear-like appearance.

The texture surely needs some tweaking, there could be characteristic 'spots' around the eyes and a more overall 'furry' look to it.

Especially the body looks too much like smooth skin (arms and hands on that screenshot!).

I actually started modeling a bear head from a khajiit head mesh. I stopped because I started to read on it and I found out I was doing it all wrong! Apparently I shouldn't add new vertices and I shouldn't mess with the eye/mouth area. I did all that. Oops!

It doesn't look that good obviously because I just gave up.. Oh well, if someone knows if it's still possible then please tell me what to do! Cause I have no idea how to make the head show up properly ingame...

And of course, I plan on using the Bodybuilder body by Room207!!

failurew.jpg

This looks very bear-like indeed! Good job! As for the mesh not showing up in-game my guess is you are missing the egt file to go with the head?

Here is a useful thread about it: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/691337-modifying-egt-and-egm-files/

This here (link from the discussion above) and also that are tools needed to make a head mesh functional for use in the game.

It's unfortunate I have no knowledge whatsoever about 3D modeling. Can't be of any help with the ear meshes. Apart from mentioning that ears - if they are intended to be 'expressive' like Khajiit ears - need a full set of tri, egm and egt files, generated with the 'Conformulator' tool.

Hopefully a knowledgeable member like ThatOne will spot this thread...

I imagine he or other Blender-savvy people will know more about the finer points of rounded ear models.

Archived