NPCs congregating in Bravil Sea Domes on new game.

When I start a new game, a large number of NPCs seem to start in Bravil Sea Domes (expanded). What could cause that? It doesn't touch any pre-existing NPCs.

I know it can't be a conflict, because it happens even if it's the only active plugin aside from Oblivion.esm itself.

This is especially irritating because when they leave, they take the Escape Tunnel, which goes underwater, and drown.

Fortunately, I'm pretty sure I can work around it by not having it active in a new game. I'd still like to have an idea what the root cause is, and if I can fix it.

Edit: I'd edited the Sleep AI package to make the Servants use certain beds. What I didn't realize was that while Sea Domes had custom Sleep packages, it was actually using a default Oblivion package. Changing the in-use package made all NPCs that used it go to the same place.

Edited by ppp
Problem solved. Updated in case anyone comes across it.