1 hour ago, wildflower_112 said:

how do you get custom locations to work like stairs?

There has to be an animation that uses stairs in your animation packs. I don't know if there actually is any that is for stairs, because you might notice that Sims either go up the stairs or down them....they never stop on them. But you have to have animations in your Mods that use a particular location. And that is dependent on the gender combination and number of Sims. Otherwise you will get a message from WW saying they couldn't find a Sims or animation for that location.

I believe @azmodan22 has animations for the stairs as well as rugs that you put at the base and top of the stairs to get the animations to engage. Look in his thread to find what you need. Of course, I could be wrong and it could be someone else, but they are available. @Zorak42might have been the other one, but I'm pretty sure it is azmodan22.

?

2 hours ago, GreyMouse said:

I believe @azmodan22 has animations for the stairs as well as rugs that you put at the base and top of the stairs to get the animations to engage. Look in his thread to find what you need. Of course, I could be wrong and it could be someone else, but they are available. @Zorak42might have been the other one, but I'm pretty sure it is azmodan22.

?

Yes it's Azmodan22 for stairs but I never realized you had to put the rugs at both top and bottom.

I used the bottom only and wondered why it didn't work. 

44 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Yes it's Azmodan22 for stairs but I never realized you had to put the rugs at both top and bottom.

I think that's correct, but I don't remember rightly. It's been a while since I have used those ones. Might be best to check.

?

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

I've never been able to get them to work either. I've always only used one and that's probably why. I'm going have to test it out.

***EDIT*** - It worked. Place one at the top and one at the bottom and it's all good. I don't know about autonomous usage but I'll have to try and put them in one of my clubs and see what happens. I've had these in my game for a long time and never used them. I will now.

5 hours ago, GreyMouse said:

?

51 minutes ago, BatDood said:

I've never been able to get them to work either. I've always only used one and that's probably why. I'm going have to test it out.

***EDIT*** - It worked. Place one at the top and one at the bottom and it's all good. I don't know about autonomous usage but I'll have to try and put them in one of my clubs and see what happens. I've had these in my game for a long time and never used them. I will now.

Hello :) 

Yes I do have rugs that allow animation to play on the stairs. 

But you must only place them at the bottom of the stairs. If you place them at the top, the won't work as intended. The rugs assume that they are placed at the bottom of the stairs.

There are two version. The 'Stairs Rug' and the 'Short' version. If you want the short version to work you must have installed the 'normall' version as well.

Their difference is that the short version is designed for staircases that are no bigger that 5 steps.

By the way, I have also made a rug that allows animation to play aginst walls. But they are not public yet.

You can get the rugs here:

7 minutes ago, azmodan22 said:

But you must only place them at the bottom of the stairs. If you place them at the top, the won't work as intended. The rugs assume that they are placed at the bottom of the stairs.

Like I said, it has been a while since I had used them and I could not remember if it was a rug at the top and bottom or just the bottom. I didn't mean to confuse the situation. I was pretty sure it was yours, @azmodan22, but not a 100%. Wasn't looking to offend, just throwing in the credit that it could have been Zorak but I was pretty sure it was yours. Again, not trying to confuse how it worked, just couldn't remember. Not sure how @BatDoodgot it to work with two rugs if it isn't supposed to.

?

35 minutes ago, azmodan22 said:

There are two version. The 'Stairs Rug' and the 'Short' version. If you want the short version to work you must have installed the 'normall' version as well.

Their difference is that the short version is designed for staircases that are no bigger that 5 steps.

By the way, I have also made a rug that allows animation to play aginst walls. But they are not public yet.

You can get the rugs here:

Thanks for the tips. When I tried using them and placing them only on the bottom of the stairs, I couldn't get them to work. It was only until I placed them at the top and bottom that they worked okay. Maybe I was just using the wrong rugs before so I appreciate the clarification.

Since we have your attention; can you tell us whether or not sims will use these autonomously? I haven't gotten around to testing that yet.

***EDIT*** I didn't have the short version installed for some reason. I do now. Thanks.

49 minutes ago, GreyMouse said:

Not sure how @BatDoodgot it to work with two rugs if it isn't supposed to.

I think my problem was that I didn't have the short version installed and when I was trying to use them a long time ago, I was probably trying the regular ones on short stairs.

I just finished editing my testing lot and used the proper rugs only on the bottom and they work fine.

@Scorpio As @azmodan22 recommends, you need to have both types of rugs installed and use the proper ones for the length of stairs in question and they work.

14 hours ago, GreyMouse said:

Like I said, it has been a while since I had used them and I could not remember if it was a rug at the top and bottom or just the bottom. I didn't mean to confuse the situation. I was pretty sure it was yours, @azmodan22, but not a 100%. Wasn't looking to offend, just throwing in the credit that it could have been Zorak but I was pretty sure it was yours. Again, not trying to confuse how it worked, just couldn't remember. Not sure how @BatDoodgot it to work with two rugs if it isn't supposed to.

?

No, No problem at all/ You didnt' offend me. I was just trying to help out.

14 hours ago, BatDood said:

Thanks for the tips. When I tried using them and placing them only on the bottom of the stairs, I couldn't get them to work. It was only until I placed them at the top and bottom that they worked okay. Maybe I was just using the wrong rugs before so I appreciate the clarification.

Since we have your attention; can you tell us whether or not sims will use these autonomously? I haven't gotten around to testing that yet.

***EDIT*** I didn't have the short version installed for some reason. I do now. Thanks.

Well they are considered as possible locations for autonomy, but, given that other locations have waaaaaaay more animations for it, they are very rarely picked.

• 2 years later...