Bathing in Skyrim Tweaked SE edition

View File

BluByt3's Bathing In Skyrim Tweaked

This is a small patch that changes the way Bathing In Skyrim handles the dirt FX. Rather than using a magic effect shader, this changes it to use a RaceMenu overlay instead. This was 100% not my idea - check out MonoMan's original mod first. This is esentially a very stripped down version of his tweaked mod - there's no alternate texture sets, or logic for washing out cum. Plugin is esl flagged, so it won't take up a load slot.

Changes

• Allows for other magic effect shaders to play nice with BiS dirt FX, such as oakflesh or sexlab cum.
  • Also allows for better compatibility with mods like Enhanced Blood, so you won't end up with weird texture conflicts at the same time.

Credits:

Thank you very much MonoMan for the excellent scripts, and mz1n for the original mod.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/27/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    Bathing in Skyrim, Racemenu
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

14 hours ago, izumonoryu said:

If I'm already using Monoman's mod, and it works, would this be better in anyway for SE?

No - his mod has a lot more functionality, this one is just meant to provide a very lightweight alternative specifically designed for the unofficial SE conversion of bathing in Skyrim. I found his original mod was too different to the unofficial conversion for a Q&D SE update, but if you have a working SE conversion you might want to use that. The only advantage my mod has is that it's less script-intensive.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@BluByt3 How does this version of BiS SE detect water? Remember mz1n's version used a cool SKSE method that was never compiled for SSE. Consequently, all BiS versions released on nexus, as well as spinoffs like Keep it Clean, used a "workaround" that involved flagging all water bodies as causing damage - which didn't actually cause any damage, and would allow for easy detection. It's clever, but as a consequence, it removes all water visual effects like splashes or rain ripples.

More recently, wankingskeever made a universal patch for iNeed (which required the same detection method as bathing mods) using papyrus extender. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/43011

So far, nobody's released a bathing mod using that method, despite the very open permissions from ws. If you want pretty water visuals, you have to use a simpler bathing mod that doesn't apply water restrictions, or disable them in the MCM with mods that allow it.

Would you consider using that detection method in your tweaked version? That would make it the ultimate bathing mod for me! I wish I could do it myself, but though I can tinker around, scripting still "eludes me"...

On 7/28/2021 at 10:46 AM, petronius said:

@BluByt3 How does this version of BiS SE detect water? Remember mz1n's version used a cool SKSE method that was never compiled for SSE. Consequently, all BiS versions released on nexus, as well as spinoffs like Keep it Clean, used a "workaround" that involved flagging all water bodies as causing damage - which didn't actually cause any damage, and would allow for easy detection. It's clever, but as a consequence, it removes all water visual effects like splashes or rain ripples.

More recently, wankingskeever made a universal patch for iNeed (which required the same detection method as bathing mods) using papyrus extender. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/43011

So far, nobody's released a bathing mod using that method, despite the very open permissions from ws. If you want pretty water visuals, you have to use a simpler bathing mod that doesn't apply water restrictions, or disable them in the MCM with mods that allow it.

Would you consider using that detection method in your tweaked version? That would make it the ultimate bathing mod for me! I wish I could do it myself, but though I can tinker around, scripting still "eludes me"...

!!! Didn't know po3 made that! I'll see abt getting to work on that, thats something i've been wanting myself.
I don't know when I'll actually get around to it, as my life has gotten a bit too busy for skyrim atm, but I'll put it on my radar.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi - in Monoman1's absence, I'm hoping that you might be able to tell me if there are any mzinBatheQuest.pex scripts that remove both PAF and SLACS overlays when using the original BIS on Nexus overwritten by Monoman1's Bathing In Skyrim Tweaked v3.4 (17-May-2023).  At one time, it seemed that a script I got for SLACS somewhere in one of the comments worked to remove both PAF and SLACS overlays.  However, it no longer seems to work and I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a script that does.

The patch that used to work comes with a plugin named Bathing in Skyrim SE Haz Improved Water Detection.esp (dated 6/21/2022) and the mzinBatheQuest.pex that comes with that patch is also dated 6/21/2022. Can't seem to refind that patch now, but it doesn't work in any event.

Any suggestions you offer will be much appreciated.

21 hours ago, Dez65 said:

Can't seem to refind that patch now, but it doesn't work in any event.

Actually, I repositioned some items in my loader and the patch works for SLACS, but not for PAF.  Any suggestions on a different patch would be appreciated.