BluByt3's Dovakiin's Infamy Patch Collection

BluByt3's Dovakiin's Infamy Patch Collection

View File

BluByt3's Patch Collection

This is a collection of patches for vinfamy's excellent mod, Dovahkiin's Infamy. (SE/LE) These include:

MCM Menu:

This adds a fully functional MCM menu to control the options given at the beginning of the quest, as well as some control over the thresholds for infamy/sadism/perversion. Requires SkyUI v.4 at a minimum.

Khajiit Speak Patch

Changes all of the player dialogue to reflect Khajiit speaking mannerisms. ESL-Flagged, and totally safe to remove from a save (Theoretically - it only changes player dialogue, nothing else.) Note: there's no way to check if the player is not playing a Khajiit, so disable the ESP if you're not playing a Khajiit. Or don't. 

Yiffy Age Of Skyrim Patch

Facegen data for the NPCs added by the mod, as well as changes a few NPC appearances.

Requires Bad Dog's Yiffy Age of Skyrim.

All plugins are ESL flagged, so they shouldn't take up a spot in your load order.

THESE PLUGINS ARE LARGELY UNTESTED

Please report any bugs ASAP, as I haven't played through the whole Dovahkiin's Infamy mod yet.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/26/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    SkyUI, Yiffy Age of Skyrim, Dovahkiin's Infamy
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

@BluByt3, thanks for posting this. Do you think it would be feasible to add a control that turns the DI_Quest_Nightmare quest? While it's an interesting feature, I've found that in practical terms this quest is a compatibility nightmare that breaks all kinds of other features. I always have to turn it off via console before I start a playthrough with any kind of depth. An MCM switch would be a significant enhancement to the mod.

1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

@BluByt3, thanks for posting this. Do you think it would be feasible to add a control that turns the DI_Quest_Nightmare quest? While it's an interesting feature, I've found that in practical terms this quest is a compatibility nightmare that breaks all kinds of other features. I always have to turn it off via console before I start a playthrough with any kind of depth. An MCM switch would be a significant enhancement to the mod.

That's good to know - I just started my playthrough, so I haven't gotten that event yet. Shouldn't be too hard to implement, so I'll look into it. I also considered adding something similar for the infamy dialogue quest - I'm not a huge fan of that feature.

1 hour ago, BluByt3 said:

That's good to know - I just started my playthrough, so I haven't gotten that event yet. Shouldn't be too hard to implement, so I'll look into it. I also considered adding something similar for the infamy dialogue quest - I'm not a huge fan of that feature.

I dig it... for big mods like this, I always like having options to fine tune it, especially when the mod's stuff may end up interacting with other features. The biggest problem with the quest_nightmare is that it can interrupt, cancel, or just out and out break events that are tied to the Dragonborn waking up. It's particularly hard on Troubles of Heroine; for example it completely breaks the Fan, makes him stop following you and stuff. If I had any level of scripting skill, I'd look at adding some kind of action to suspend other events from firing while it's doing its thing (and also really lower the time scale, since the scenes are supposed to be dream sequences), but I don't have the chops for something like that. Not yet at least. 

3 hours ago, gregaaz said:

I dig it... for big mods like this, I always like having options to fine tune it, especially when the mod's stuff may end up interacting with other features. The biggest problem with the quest_nightmare is that it can interrupt, cancel, or just out and out break events that are tied to the Dragonborn waking up. It's particularly hard on Troubles of Heroine; for example it completely breaks the Fan, makes him stop following you and stuff. If I had any level of scripting skill, I'd look at adding some kind of action to suspend other events from firing while it's doing its thing (and also really lower the time scale, since the scenes are supposed to be dream sequences), but I don't have the chops for something like that. Not yet at least. 

I'd love to do something like that, but for now I just went with the easiest to implement and most compatible solution. I don't use Troubles of Heroine at all, but I did add a patch which disables all sexlab content for dreams via a global variable set in the MCM. I'm not sure if that's what's causing the incompatibility though - it could be the nightmare script's call to registerForSleep(). TBH I lack enough knowledge on sleep-based scripting, but I'd recommend giving my update a try and seeing if it works. If not, I'll try adjusting the scripts a bit more.

16 hours ago, BluByt3 said:

I'd love to do something like that, but for now I just went with the easiest to implement and most compatible solution. I don't use Troubles of Heroine at all, but I did add a patch which disables all sexlab content for dreams via a global variable set in the MCM. I'm not sure if that's what's causing the incompatibility though - it could be the nightmare script's call to registerForSleep(). TBH I lack enough knowledge on sleep-based scripting, but I'd recommend giving my update a try and seeing if it works. If not, I'll try adjusting the scripts a bit more.

That's a clever solution -- and here I was thinking you were just going to have the toggle send startquest/stopquest commands!

I will try it out next time I get in some play time, tonight or tomorrow I imagine

4 hours ago, nun56unn5ufg said:

Since you made an MCM, please consider turning off WI's start-up series of dialog boxes

Modifying the start messages might be a bit of a challenge - since that's where the mod calculates your initial infamy/perversion/sadism, it's not meant to be skipped. There's a lot of behind the scenes scripts that I'd have to implement myself - plus, the messages themselves change based on your initial infamy, which I quite like. I'll see if I can cut out the 'setting' message boxes, as those are basically obsolete, but I don't think I'll cut out the start messages entirely.

On 3/27/2021 at 3:54 PM, BluByt3 said:

Modifying the start messages might be a bit of a challenge - since that's where the mod calculates your initial infamy/perversion/sadism, it's not meant to be skipped. There's a lot of behind the scenes scripts that I'd have to implement myself - plus, the messages themselves change based on your initial infamy, which I quite like. I'll see if I can cut out the 'setting' message boxes, as those are basically obsolete, but I don't think I'll cut out the start messages entirely.

Understandable, have a nice day.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

di_mcm is a esl, which is placed in the esm section, which is above its master, the master being an esp. this prevents loot from sorting it properly and creates an erro "cyclic interaction" all i did was use wyre bash and copy it to an esp, and then flag it as an esl. that way, it can be placed below its master again    DI_MCM.esp

Edited by ravensm785
  • 5 months later...
On 4/4/2022 at 5:08 AM, ravensm785 said:

di_mcm is a esl, which is placed in the esm section, which is above its master, the master being an esp. this prevents loot from sorting it properly and creates an erro "cyclic interaction" all i did was use wyre bash and copy it to an esp, and then flag it as an esl. that way, it can be placed below its master again    DI_MCM.esp

i dont understand, i have to replace the esl with the esp? 

• 4 months later...
On 4/3/2022 at 11:08 PM, ravensm785 said:

oh my god, you're my hero. i've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to fix the cyclic error. just to make this clear, we can use this .esp instead of the .esl file and it'll work?