[REQ] Better Vampire Lord Transformation - BBP fix?

Liuli

The better vampire lord transformation mod (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25321) unfortunately causes CTDs when used with BBP or TBBP. The mod creator Loshirai14 planned to fix it down the line, but according to Loshirai's nexus page there won't be any updates perhaps forever (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/users/4958627).

I was wondering if someone knows of a way to fix this issue? Naturally a modified mod isn't a good idea as Loshirai doesn't want people to do so without permission, but maybe there's a skeleton file or a similar assortment of files that can be used with this mods to solve the CTD problems?

A customised vampire lord skeleton will fix it, I use that mod myself with vamp chars sometimes.

Are you using bbp or tbbp?

and are you playing something with a tail (kahjit/argonian etc)?

I have one for bbp bodies, I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to put a tbbp one together.

Edit~ attached regular bbp vampire lord skeleton, and bbp vampire lord skeleton with a tail.

Note: Tails will do some weird shhhhtuufff, sometimes with VL Form, doesn't persist though if you revert and then transform again though.

Manual Instal Only

VLS' Tests.7z

File Credits:

~ SkullTyrant - Assets, and some general coaching back when I made this.

~ Cyndi - Vivisection and Assembly

If you need a tbbp one let me know.

If you don't want to change the first person skeleton go to the armor addon for the torso this mod is using and change the first person model (its probably blank) to 1stpersonfemale.nif. It's likely that it is trying to use the third person model (needs breast bones obviously) with the first person vanilla skeleton (does not have the required bones).

If you don't want to change the first person skeleton go to the armor addon for the torso this mod is using and change the first person model (its probably blank) to 1stpersonfemale.nif. It's likely that it is trying to use the third person model (needs breast bones obviously) with the first person vanilla skeleton (does not have the required bones).

The torso it's using is the actors default nude body, and/or other stuff as-well.  And with it forcing 3rd person view (it's a vampire lord form replacer)

would that still work, without messing up the bbp body itself for when you are regularly playing?

Iirc the plugin changes the vampire lord form through the armor tab,

and just adding the AA's for w/e the default nude body parts were, plus some wings etc. 

~Edit:Dug up an old picture so you can see what I mean 

screenshot22ca.png

I dislike using the ck so there is a lot of golden opportunities in there I miss out on...

The mod itself although a great idea, was/is kinda renowned for crashing with bbp, tbbp, custom races (probably because of bbp bodies involved there-in).

The only thing that will change is that in first person mode it will show the default unarmored hands. I have never gone into vampire lord form. Is it normally stuck in third person mode or does it allow you go go first person too? Yes it probably uses the default actors nude body but the armor addon is usually associated with a specific race; if this is treated as a beast it probably has vampirelordtorso or something like that. That armor addon will have other armor addons under it but it should only require you to change the first person model for that specific aa, not each one individually. If it doesn't fix anything then I'll take a look at it later.

The only thing that will change is that in first person mode it will show the default unarmored hands. I have never gone into vampire lord form. Is it normally stuck in third person mode or does it allow you go go first person too? Yes it probably uses the default actors nude body but the armor addon is usually associated with a specific race; if this is treated as a beast it probably has vampirelordtorso or something like that. That armor addon will have other armor addons under it but it should only require you to change the first person model for that specific aa, not each one individually. If it doesn't fix anything then I'll take a look at it later.

Yeah vampire lord doesn't use first person at all. Forced 3rd person just like werewolves.  I never looked at the race things... because I really do dislike the ck, and I tend to break more things then I fix in there xD. I always found just dropping in a new skeleton for vampire lord easier.

Archived