TK & TKX Utilities

• 1 year later...

That can be done in poseedit by turning on key editing and all-person manipulating. The only thing you need tkx_utils for is to set the rotation. If you just want to move the pose, then use the change location option. All starting positions are at world 0, 0, 0 - 0, 0, 0. But if a pose wasn't created at or near a starting position (like most of mine aren't), there's really no way of targeting them.

Edited by Curtis_S
42 minutes ago, Curtis_S said:

That can be done in poseedit by turning on key editing and all-person manipulating. The only thing you need tkx_utils for is to set the rotation. If you just want to move the pose, then use the change location option. All starting positions are at world 0, 0, 0 - 0, 0, 0. But if a pose wasn't created at or near a starting position (like most of mine aren't), there's really no way of targeting them.

Yeah I know every function of the Utils.

The problem is: when I download a pose that I like in order to tweak it, almost always the "center" of that pose is very far from the center of a default location (maybe because was created directly in a specific room instead of the pose editor one.

That's why I wish for a feature that "resets" the starting point.

That's what I'm saying... The starting point in the room IS the world center. In the default T-pose, your character is loaded at Translation: 0x, 0y, 0z / Rotation: 0x, 0y, 0z (a.k.a. World Origin). Whenever you change starting locations, what you are actually doing is changing the position of World Origin (in other words, you're repositioning the entire scene so that your character starts at 0, 0, 0, facing forward). The actor(s) position(s) in the pose are set relative to World Origin (a.k.a Character Space). You would have to recalculate the entire pose; which is a simple thing to do, you just multiply every number by the same amount. And it's already done by the move and rotate tools in TKX_Utils. What you would need to make that automatic is some kind of analysis algorithm, and that's above my pay-grade.

Edited by Curtis_S