Evil Genius 2

So after looking at gameplay videos from EG2 i see so much potential for wicked pervy mods, from changing the 'distraction area" in front of your base to nice nude dancing ladies and such through sexy outfits for your minions ( or lack of such) to naughty torture devices for enemy agents. I so hope tha game is mod friendly ^^

6 hours ago, Marie.R said:

Nah, i don't think so.

I loved the original Game from 2004, but not many mods have been released.

Definitely looking forward to the game, mods or not.  Original was a lot of fun.

To be fair though, when it was released the original really didn't have much of a fan base, and back then about the only thing you saw much real modding for were the full 3d titles trying to be as photo realistic as possible.  With its isometric cartoonish graphics, I think mostly it just got overlooked and passed over by the modding scene.

Not saying the sequel WILL be mod friendly.  Haven't even looked into what engine it's using or anything, but... it's still possible.  :)

5 minutes ago, Kitty said:

Not saying the sequel WILL be mod friendly.  Haven't even looked into what engine it's using or anything, but... it's still possible. 

everything is possible ?

I've pre-ordered the game and I'm curious to see how it will be and whether there will be a modding community.

2 minutes ago, Marie.R said:

everything is possible ?

I've pre-ordered the game and I'm curious to see how it will be and whether there will be a modding community.

I've been burned and disappointed too many times to ever pre-order anything again (unless maybe it comes with android love slave pre-order bonuses or something) ;)

I DO have it on my wish list though so I can track what's going on.  ? 

For what it's worth, I did a little digging.

Seems the game is being done with Rebellion's in-house Asura Engine, which has been around since about 2000 or so and has maybe a few dozen releases.  Probably among the most known would be the AvP games (which I never played, because the movie sucked ass IMO lol).

https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/3d-engine-asura

From what I see at the moment, most modding for that engine has been done with QuickBMS for extraction/packing etc.

http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

Script for QuickBMS Asura:

http://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/asura.bms

Otherwise sounds like textures are standard DDS (photoshop + tools), so.. yeah.  Not impossible to see some modding for it, but suspect it won't go very mainstream either.  We shall see...  ^_^