custom body and outfits help

52 minutes ago, Forrim said:

when using bodyside , Press and hold " CTRL" key at the same time then press Build.

Femalebody_0/_1 will be placed in /Data /CalienteTools /Bodyslide...

you can then copy/cut and paste to the mods folder

And what will that achieve?

10 hours ago, Seabook00 said:

my only problem would be making the armor i build with bodyslide fit that body without overriding the ones

Simplest solution is to have your PC use an outfit which nobody else uses, i.e. one from a mod rather than a vanilla outfit.

8 hours ago, Seabook00 said:

so i can only achieve what im after with armor/clothes mods i would only use for my pc.

thank you

If you want your PC to use, say, the vanilla leather armour then that armour would be built either to your PC's body or the NPC body unless you are prepared to jump through hoops to get two different builds.

I use different bodies for my PC, followers, NPCs and Elder Race NPCs. NPCs use the vanilla gear, my followers wear a variety of gear from mods, my PC wears whatever I fancy from a mod and the same with Elders. I also use Simple Outfit Changer to, say, give all in keepers or shop keepers a specific outfit or to swap what my PC or my followers are wearing.

If you want the body shape of your character to deviate from that of the NPC's and you are already using Bodyslide / Outfit Studio to create the shape of the NPC's and your own shape, then the following steps.

Select the preset (or create one) in BodySlide and start BatchBuild with the option "Build Morphs". This creates the body for NPCs, for you and all armor.
To use a different shape for your own body, open RaceMenu in the game and use the sliders from BodySlide. When you put on armor, it is automatically adapted to your body, as well as to the shape of the NPCs - hence "Build Morphs".
Build Morphs was developed precisely for this case.

27 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

If you want your PC to use, say, the vanilla leather armour then that armour would be built either to your PC's body or the NPC body unless you are prepared to jump through hoops to get two different builds.

Basically nothing is attached to the body. This is (unfortunately) Bethesda philosophy to save time and money in development.
Slot 32 is not called Body for nothing - it is not called Armor, Chest, Pelvis, Shoulder, Legs etc.
Because these slots exist.
But you're right (even if unintentionally) - most mods are rubbish, as they include a BodyMesh with armor. The reason for a lot of CTD in the sense of Out of Ram. If "real" Custom NPCs are added with their own meshes and textures, Out of VRAM is reached much earlier.

50 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Basically nothing is attached to the body. This is (unfortunately) Bethesda philosophy to save time and money in development.
Slot 32 is not called Body for nothing - it is not called Armor, Chest, Pelvis, Shoulder, Legs etc.
Because these slots exist.
But you're right (even if unintentionally) - most mods are rubbish, as they include a BodyMesh with armor. The reason for a lot of CTD in the sense of Out of Ram. If "real" Custom NPCs are added with their own meshes and textures, Out of VRAM is reached much earlier.

1. What are you going on about?

2. What does it have to do with OP?

3. Why am I "right (even if unintentionally)2 when I didn't say anything about mods being rubbish?

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

If you want the body shape of your character to deviate from that of the NPC's and you are already using Bodyslide / Outfit Studio to create the shape of the NPC's and your own shape, then the following steps.

Select the preset (or create one) in BodySlide and start BatchBuild with the option "Build Morphs". This creates the body for NPCs, for you and all armor.
To use a different shape for your own body, open RaceMenu in the game and use the sliders from BodySlide. When you put on armor, it is automatically adapted to your body, as well as to the shape of the NPCs - hence "Build Morphs".

Are you saying that doing this with, say the vanilla outfits, you will get one set built to the NPC body and another set built to the PC body?

39 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

1. What are you going on about?

2. What does it have to do with OP?

3. Why am I "right (even if unintentionally)2 when I didn't say anything about mods being rubbish?

1. Sorry that you don't understand it

2. Where does OP say something? I wrote an answer to the OP - a post before that, not this one. This one was an answer to you. And no badly meant answer - just as a stimulus to think about connections.

3. Like first, because you don't understand

36 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Are you saying that doing this with, say the vanilla outfits, you will get one set built to the NPC body and another set built to the PC body?

Where is something written about other sets?

Another shape is not a different set - or have I misunderstood something?

3 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

1. Sorry that you don't understand it

Does anyone?

4 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

2. Where does OP say something? I wrote an answer to the OP - a post before that, not this one. This one was an answer to you. And no badly meant answer - just as a stimulus to think about connections.

It is the OP who has the problem not me. What connections are relevant here? One doesn't have to do anything with slots when using BS to build an outfit to a body.

6 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

3. Like first, because you don't understand

You are great at telling me I don't understand yet you never get around to actually saying what it is that I don't understand.

8 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Where is something written about other sets?

Try it this way. Are you saying that if one does as you said then you would have two different, say, leather armours - one built for the PC body and one built for the NPCs body?

17 hours ago, Andy14 said:

thats what  i always try to do but then if there is clipping  i cant fix it with outfit studio.