game addiction.

Emily

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_addiction#section_7

To be fair, we know how it feel to be addicted to game. If it doesn't turn us into half zombie and other compulsive or impulsive behavior in real life. It can leads players into poor human quality. Which could end up into job loss and severely affect mental welfare.

Guess we never knew when we got addicted to computer game. As much as emily can tell she is being addicted to certain mmo. It cause so much headache and sleep depravity, the brain feels like mud and weird ill symptoms as well as other retardation.

Now it's a good day to stop as any day. Took stress theraphy, excercise and catching up a lot of sleeping hours to gain regain self control and back to senses.

... Is wearing tights right now. Guess there is some weight loss after all.

If you are addicted to video games there is quite a big chance you have some serious underlying mental issues that, directly or indirectly cause the addiction. Getting addicted to video games is a whole other story than getting addicted to, say, alcohol, nicotine or heroin. If you just stop playing games it won't help you that much in most cases, because the problems that caused the addiction in the first place are still there and will continue to linger.

Been stopping since 2 days ago.

Whether alcohol, coffee and game abuse, it's now left to self disciplining on the urge.

Emily even bought a scooter to break the gaming habit. Never rode a motor bike before.. Now aiming for motorbike driving license.

Almost hit truck and a car yesterday. But things gets better now that emily found a new hobby.

If you are addicted to video games there is quite a big chance you have some serious underlying mental issues that, directly or indirectly cause the addiction. Getting addicted to video games is a whole other story than getting addicted to, say, alcohol, nicotine or heroin. If you just stop playing games it won't help you that much in most cases, because the problems that caused the addiction in the first place are still there and will continue to linger.

Often it's a form of depression. The urge to distract yourself from reality (insecurities and social/life problems) is what turns most people to play videogames all day long because it gives them the feel of carelessness and freedom, to do what they like and/or wish they could do IRL.

I currently run a self-study on myself and i kinda feel like that. As i'm currently a NEET i have lots of time for that.

I'm not exactly sure what exactly caused it (not even sure it's a depression at all), but if i don't somehow suicide i'm sure i can figure this out in time.

There are even a rehabilitation place for depressive game junkies in south korea. Where parents sent their teens into it if they are deep on warcrack or starcrack.

..Or other popular korean mmo.

Agh. This talk makes emily wanna play something.

*plays cellphone pinball.

Is Emily in trouble?

Whether if its Emily or any person reading this who suffers from it or has a friend who does...

Every addiction starts from need to escape to alter reality

Real life is very complicated and its understandable that people want to escape to better world

Sadly, facing problems and inventing solutions is the only real way to fix things

Requires effort

In the meantime

Exercise is good and healthy  way to overcome addictions and life problems

It generates endorphins that boost your mood

It maintains healthy body and prevents sickness (healthy body-healthy mind) (also boosts immune system)

While you exercise you have time to think clever solutions for life's problems and clear mind

Experts advise low-impact physical activity at least 30 minutes a day, 3 times a week

Walking energically, swimming, trekking, bicycle or treadmill. Any of those would do. Running, not so advisable. High impact on joints

Thats recipe for healty addiction-free life

The effort is the hardest part though

It could help to have a friend supporting  :)

i like escaping reality and i like these game addiction (never playing while i am with a girlfreind) but i never forget to get some freinds meetings and daily exercises and especialy book reading i never get excessive just enough to be tired and have a good sleep.

Combine these addiction with a huge modding project could sent your sanity to pop from the brain.

Emily played scarlet blade again yesterday and modding the coc.

...could swear melted some brain cells away and seems like the body immunitty collapsing. Either way everything is like a wasting quality time and good weekend.

2 days PVP marathon. Can you believe it?

Emily even don't see ghost nor kashiwaba tomoe on LL anymore since we start playing that game. X_X

After last night debauchery, emily manage to drag herself to office.

Emily even don't see ghost nor kashiwaba tomoe on LL anymore since we start playing that game. X_X

Kashiwaba Tomoe has been banned from LL.

Ghost logs in like every other day.

No wonder i havent heard from kashiwaba for a very long time, whats the reason?

What makes you think that I would know?  :dodgy:

What makes you think that I would know?  :dodgy:

Your more regularly on than me :P

Video Game's have been a part of my life since i was very little, No matter where i went i had some kind of handheld, gaming console, or a book about a video game with me, But i wouldn't go so far to say that i have an addiction. I would play video games for a couple of hours, then save my game then do something else like Youtube, Fap, Reading, Shower and Bath, and sometimes even a Nap here and there.

But if anyone has problems with Gaming addiction try doing something else like, Writing Short stories. When i finish Games i usually crack out the notepad and write a short story about what the character did after the events of the games, that usually cure's my Need to play games. But as anything addicting it takes time to get that monkey off you're back, So try doing other things and slowly going back into gaming for a period of time and easing into the Virtual World

I remember being in middle school and playing lineage 2 and mu online whenever I had nothing to do. Before I got on either the Nexus or LL I lurked ninjahacker and darkmatter. Those places made me want to look at random things in a hex editor. It made sense of what everyone was posting when they talked about reverse engineering files; it helped me understand what all those "nerds" were talking about at the time. My first mod for a game was on a game console, not on a computer, its hard to not think back to that and realize that everything electronic is a computer. I miss ninjahacker, but it had to go. Darkmatter got raped by the facepunch community and became nothing but a giant storage site for ragdolls; anyone who was still from ninja hacker left after that. It was at ragezone that I learned so much stuff about computer networks and databases. Gradually I started being more interested in the server side of things and it got me more interested into being a network tech than anything. I used to fight with ms sql server and java and big mess of other stuff trying to setup private servers for me and my friends. I even tried my hand at making my own server files, which I'm sure are  now defunct or deleted. A few of the people I grew up with, four of them followed that scene up until high school. We finished tech school and came out in December of 2011. It's funny to think of the road you get taken on if you have a strong enough interest in something. Some of them work for intel, a few with dell, and one lucky one with lockheed martin. I got into the mod scene to get away from the games, I don't regret it because it definitely made me a smarter person. Just find a related hobby and you should be fine.

Archived