Any way to stop hotkeys firing in menu search?

Something that has been bugging me for quite some time with any mod that I use which allows hotkeys to be defined, is that hotkeys from mods activate when typing the corresponding letter into a search field in the UI.  For example if I go to a forge and start searching for something in a text field and press a key to spell out a word which happens to have a hotkey defined, then whatever it is that was defined starts happening.  If I use H to hotkey my lantern, and then I want to craft leather armor, and I start typing "leath" into the search bar, my lantern turns on.  This happens with so many mods, be it from this site or others.  I've never found a solution to it, except to unassigned any hotkey that is tied to a letter on the keyboard.  This does not happen with the default Vanilla hotkeys, only ones from mods.  Has anyone figured this out?  I see that there are many 'hotkey' type mods on the nexus, but I don't see anything in the screen shots or descriptions that addresses this...

@Monoman1 Thanks for the response and explanation.  I haven't tried any of the menu unpausing mods before so that's something to be aware of.  Sadly there are so many unmaintained mods out there that have this issue, looks like I'll either have to do what I've been doing or learn how to fix them myself :)