The Witcher Drives me CRAZY!!!

Koko.Hekmatyar

I'm glad this game was cheap or else I'd be trying to kill someone by now.

No matter what I do it tells me my PC doesn't meet the system reqs. HOWEVER, I can play the Witcher 2 and other much NEWER games on this system just fine it doesn't make any sense to me  <_<

My system has an i7 core and 16Gigs of Ram yes the GFX card suck but the only game I haven't been able to play with it "other then this one" was Crysis 3 and that is only because they made the game so it only works with DX11.

Retail, Skyrim is the only game I've ever gotten off steam.

Sys Reqs my computer has more then enough oomph to play this  :@  

OS (Operating System):     Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)

Processor:                 Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +2800

RAM:                       1024 MB RAM for Microsoft® Windows® XP / 1536 MB for Microsoft® Windows® Vista

Video:                     128 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 or better)

Free HD Space:             8.5 GB available hard drive space

Sound:                     DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones

DVD:                       DVD-ROM

======================================================

2. Recommended System Requirements

OS (Operating System):     Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)

Processor:                 Intel Core 2 Duo (dual core) or equivalent AMD X2 processor or better

RAM:                       2048 MB RAM

Video:                     256 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA 7900 or faster with 512 MB of memory)

Sound:                     DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones

Retail, Skyrim is the only game I've ever gotten off steam.

Sys Reqs my computer has more then enough oomph to play this  :@  

Processor:                 Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +2800

RAM:                       1024 MB RAM for Microsoft® Windows® XP / 1536 MB for Microsoft® Windows® Vista

Video:                     128 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 or better)

2. Recommended System Requirements

Processor:                 Intel Core 2 Duo (dual core) or equivalent AMD X2 processor or better

RAM:                       2048 MB RAM

Video:                     256 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA 7900 or faster with 512 MB of memory)

Found this on another forum:

Go to your installation directory (..\The Witcher\System\) in there you have the file Witcher.exe, right click and create a shortcut.

Put the short cut on your desktop.

Right click on the shortcut, go to properties, Change the target to have the switch like this

Before switch :

"..\The Witcher\System\witcher.exe"

After switch:

"..\The Witcher\System\witcher.exe" -dontForceMinReqs

That works for PCs, not sure about Mac.

Archived