How to Enable Futanari Quick Guide

The setting to allow Futanari in Sexbound is disabled by default. To be able to change your Sexbound settings, you must have the starbound-sexbound.src.zip version. Link is below. After you extract the zip files, open up the mod and look for a sexbound.config file. Open it up with Notepad (or preferably Notepad++) and scroll down to the "Load Plugin - Futanari" setting. Set "enable" : true; and done. Example can be found below.

It may be a good idea to look through the sxb_plugin.futanari.config file as well. Otherwise you may notice that Florans will naturally present hermaphroditic qualities akin to their real-life fauna counterparts. You can disable that, or enable other races, in the sxb_plugin.futanari.config file.

names of vanilla races:

apex

avian

floran

glitch

human

hylotl

novakid

If you wanted all vanilla races to be Futanari, it would look something like this:

"appliesToSpecies": ["apex", "avian", "glitch", "human", hylotl", "novakid", "floran"],

Or if you wanted none of them to be Futanari, it would look like this:

"appliesToSpecies": [],

This methodology can apply to other parameters in the other config settings. (However, I do not actually know to use all of them, so specific questions about those will likely go unanswered hehe) A more in-depth guide can be found below.

*** Futa Friendly Mods ***

There are a handful of methods to applying futanari sub-genders to specific characters and NPCs in-game. Here I've listed two easy methods. They can be accessed in two mods, Locuturus' Aphrodite's Bow mod and EB's Lovely Whips mod. Links are below. The Golden Apple of Discord can be consumed to set your character's sub-gender to Futanari, while the Venturous Whip can be used to set a targeted NPC's sub-gender to Futanari. The Golden Apple of Discontent and the Nostalgic Whip will undo these effects and remove Futanari sub-genders.

*** What is Futa? What does it do? ***

It's a Sexbound specific tag on characters that gives them the qualities of a Futanari during Sexbound interactions. On male characters, it will have no effects. But on female characters, a futanari sub-gender will give them presenting male genitalia and futanari characteristics, including impregnation. (Futanari characteristics can be changed in the sxb_plugin.pregnancy.config)

That's the end of the quick guide, I will pop in from time to time to answer questions.

SEXBOUND

In depth guide for config files in Sexbound

MODS THAT ENABLE FUTANARI IN-GAME

74792425_Screenshot2021-01-19180107.jpg.21eeaf0f8bf43a4c3be507cf2b88e410.jpg

• 9 months later...

i attempted to do this, but there were no changes in my game at all, females still working like normal females, and my character has no male genitalia and inpregnation capability, i even attemped to enable the effect to my direct character ID but without luck so far, any idea what should i do ?

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2021 at 8:37 AM, SrFoksi said:

i attempted to do this, but there were no changes in my game at all, females still working like normal females, and my character has no male genitalia and inpregnation capability, i even attemped to enable the effect to my direct character ID but without luck so far, any idea what should i do ?

(apologies for terribly late response, if you haven't downloaded the latest version of Sexbound already, make sure it's installed)

(Although it sounds like you have already tried this, I'll say it here jic.) Futanari isn't applied to all female characters when enabled. It only applies to characters that you set in the config file (i.e. listing off the Floran race in 'applies to races' etc.) or characters that you enable in-game with items such as the Apple of Discord (from Locuturus' Aphrodite's Bow mod) or the Venturous Whip (from EB's Lovely Whips mod).

Since you were able to run the game, I doubt you made a mistake when modifying the config file. I suspect that another mod might be interfering with Sexbound sub-genders, but I'm not at all familiar with all of the mods out there. If you have other sub-gender altering mods, check in with their support page and see if you can figure out where the interference is.

Edited by engorged_banana
  • 2 weeks later...