Riften Crash'n to desktop

GodSmack

Ello ello elloooo!

For some reason when i enter Riften the game CTDs here my junk and other thingies

attachicon.gifScript.rar

attachicon.gifLoadOrder_Skyrim_2013-04-06T17-52-09.txt

Have you checked the usual suspects?  That is, you aren't working from a dirty save (missing scripts, mods); you are using Wrye Bash to manage your leveled lists (and you've rebuilt your bashed patch); and, finally, you are using BOSS to sort your load order and have followed the instructions for any warnings it has given you. 

Depending on how high-end your system is, the Rift are can be pretty demanding on your computer.  That said, I doubt that this is the source of the CTD problem, but you will still find the following helpful in terms of improving your game's performance and overall stability.

Optimizer Textures  

ATTK Skyrim Power Loader

Skyrim Project Stability   (this includes a number of tools and suggestions for stabilizing your game and improving performance)

Each of these will give a small-to-moderate performance boost.  If you are using ENB, try tweaking it to reduce the performance hit; for instance, disabling DoF.

If you started your character before installing any of the DLC or on a patched version of Skyrim earlier than 1.8, that may, potentially, be causing some problems that will only be resolved by a fresh start.  As far as I've heard, the most recent Skyrim patch isn't causing a lot of problems for people who are playing with saves from version 1.8.

Ack.  That's all I've got.  It's late and my brain is all mushy.  Anyway, I hope that some of this will be helpful to you.

Best of luck! :D

Edit: 

Duh.  Half-awake.  I didn't think of this before, but have a look at the comments for Crimson Tide.  This may be the source of your problem.  But, again, even if it is, do the other stuff I suggested anyway.  It will make your game better.

I'm going away now.  Peace.

Ello ello elloooo!

For some reason when i enter Riften the game CTDs here my junk and other thingies

attachicon.gifScript.rar

attachicon.gifLoadOrder_Skyrim_2013-04-06T17-52-09.txt

Have you checked the usual suspects?  That is, you aren't working from a dirty save (missing scripts, mods); you are using Wrye Bash to manage your leveled lists (and you've rebuilt your bashed patch); and, finally, you are using BOSS to sort your load order and have followed the instructions for any warnings it has given you. 

Depending on how high-end your system is, the Rift are can be pretty demanding on your computer.  That said, I doubt that this is the source of the CTD problem, but you will still find the following helpful in terms of improving your game's performance and overall stability.

Optimizer Textures  

ATTK Skyrim Power Loader

Skyrim Project Stability   (this includes a number of tools and suggestions for stabilizing your game and improving performance)

Each of these will give a small-to-moderate performance boost.  If you are using ENB, try tweaking it to reduce the performance hit; for instance, disabling DoF.

If you started your character before installing any of the DLC or on a patched version of Skyrim earlier than 1.8, that may, potentially, be causing some problems that will only be resolved by a fresh start.  As far as I've heard, the most recent Skyrim patch isn't causing a lot of problems for people who are playing with saves from version 1.8.

Ack.  That's all I've got.  It's late and my brain is all mushy.  Anyway, I hope that some of this will be helpful to you.

Best of luck! :D

Edit:

Duh.  Half-awake.  I didn't think of this before, but have a look at the comments for Crimson Tide.  This may be the source of your problem.  But, again, even if it is, do the other stuff I suggested anyway.  It will make your game better.

I'm going away now.  Peace.

i tried getting on again today is CTD :T

well...you can always launch BOSS and clean everything with TES5edit, no very complicated and game run pretty more good, this can fix your crash too by same way.

i use boss everytime i update the game with mods so that isnt the problem. and i have tes5edit, but i have no idea how to use it at all, i nearly broke my game trying to clean it.

i could try but i have a few questions

do you know of any detailed tuts i could take a look at or watch

do i delete files from the DLC or the main skyrim game?

normally tes5edit tell you if you have error , this error is generally the same files used by different esm , exempl: he should say you dawnguard have lots of error, because dawnguard.esm use lots of files similar to skyrim.esm..

it can look hard to use but in fact, its easy

personnally, i have use this tutorial for first time http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Mod_Cleaning_Tutorial

it explain very good, and if you need more, it have lots of link to other tutorial and video for explain more.. ^^

i hope this help you ^^

normally tes5edit tell you if you have error , this error is generally the same files used by different esm , exempl: he should say you dawnguard have lots of error, because dawnguard.esm use lots of files similar to skyrim.esm..

it can look hard to use but in fact, its easy

personnally, i have use this tutorial for first time http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Mod_Cleaning_Tutorial

it explain very good, and if you need more, it have lots of link to other tutorial and video for explain more.. ^^

i hope this help you ^^

it did and now  fully understand how to clean, but this did nothing important to my skyrim and didnt fix anything, ran a bit faster than usual tho

Also looking at your Papyrus log will tell you the errors you have and what was the last thing to try to load before getting the ctd.

that is what the script rar is this is really pissin me off since ive just gotten dragon born to work :I

I wonder is everyone set up to wear bbp outfits/armors? If someone is wearing a bbp armor and they are not set up to wear it when you enter their cell would explain the CTD. There also seems to be errors with Valfar crimson tides head tracking BloodBottlePerk BloodFX there are lots of VM freezing VM frozen VM thawing Convenient Horses. Not sure what the VM freezing goes to. I think blood fx goes to crimson tide the Bloodbottle I think might either go to a vampire type mod or Bloody Cannibalism. Not sure.

It's one of this doing it!:

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

Ran into Riften all the time, got my toon to level 35 then i put in the Unofficial Patchs and then latter at about level 48 what to Riften and "Crash'n to desktop", "Crash'n to desktop", "Crash'n to desktop", If i go back to one of the saves at level 35 to 48 and go to Riften "Crash'n to desktop", None of the Saves work from level 35 to 48.

If they continually cause problems, then the only thing to do is to uninstall those patches and use the savegame before you installed the patches. I don't know, but I believe that on my first playthrough I had little trouble with the game (and was able to finish it with Alduin killed) before I used any of the unofficial patches.

Also, you may have to go through your mod list, because some mods fumble with the worldspace.

• 3 months later...

i've got the same issue as you. it seems the problem was cause by Armed to The Teeth  http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9614/? in my case this was involving female skeleton. to solve this, im using XPMS http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26800/? on female skeleton only (Good thing im playing with male character). now im happy again. remember to carefully playing with a mod that altering skeleton coz its pretty sensitive.

Archived