Need help with unity modding...

Hello !Ā 

so i have been trying to edit a unity game files, i know what files i want to replace. but when i try to open the resource files i want to edit (using AssetBundleExtractor) it gives me this error:

"(Unable to read the bundle file (invalid file or unknown version)"Ā 

i have tried a different one (uTinyRipper) and it crashes when i try to load those files, Tho i have tested same resource fileĀ but from old version of the same game and they open normally with both extractors.Ā 

it is my first time trying those tools so i looked into that issue and all i can get is that, the updated game files are "Encrypted" and thatĀ I need to do something with "Assembly-CSharp.dll" using dnSpy decompiler but when i open it i just have no idea what i should do with it... i tried looking for assembly files that has anything to do with that error and got nothing...

Ā 

just to clarify,Ā game is "blackthorn arena" and there are 2 files that contain the female body textures that needs to be edited (humanfemale) and (orc_dwarf_female_bodys)

Ā 

Ā 

• 2 years later...

best i know you need to use unity to open sharedresources(insert number).assetsĀ  (and maybe the .res file with the same name the export the texture files as a png, THEN you edit the png files, load up the same shared assets file, find the file you edited, click on "plugins" then edit, and load the edited file, once you've done the for all the files you've edited, you then export as an .exe installer