Got around to working on a Battletech mod that allows you to develop relationships with your crew or mech pilots, as well as changes capt's quarters when moving from the Leopard to the Argo. 

I have three quarters in mind (two of which are "owned" by Activision so is sort of BattleTech'ish even though it comes from Call of Duty I think) and I am looking for opinions on them since adding them will be more involved than a simple file replacement.    

Clean version

Spoiler

captsquaters.jpg.b218c6c73477838c66530fda9d212522.jpg

Dirty  version

Spoiler

captsquarters3_nostripper.png.f63dcea4792b02f0e783009fee21cf45.png

and the same, just with a stripper pole added since my Commander's call sign is "Stripper".  Note that I still need to scuff up the pole as it is too black for now.

Spoiler

captsquarters3mod.png.7f7dc4c8d64be11a5847b6b1cd73bf64.png

Hey your mod sounds really cool! The pictures you posted look good. I just bought BattleTech and haven't played it yet. I'd definitely be interested in it. The idea of forming relationships with your crew is amazing. That's something other strategy games I've played have been lacking.

The mod will be dependent up on the "panic" system (https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/461) with modifiers based on three levels of intimacy (having fun, lust, love).  However, getting "events' to trigger in a logical sense is where I am stuck.  It looks like I have to add "traits", but that still isn't working.

For example, you are in a budding relationship with Glitch, and the next event (taking the relationship into love) pops up............with Behemoth!   Since your character has the "lust" trait, it will allow you to fall in love with Behemoth.      

Until I get that resolved, I won't be able to fix the impact of seeing your partner's mech getting destroyed.    Right now, if that were to happen, your character gets  "rage", which is a +2 initiative and +15 accuracy for the rest of the battle.  However if your partner dies, then you get a "depressed" trait for three years (-1 initiative, -5 accuracy, but you will never panic as "life doesn't matter now").

That is where the project stands now.   So instead of solving that issue, I turned to the graphics that will be used for the events.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...