Non combatant follower for Skyrim

Hey, so I'm planning a new playthrough, where the character is basically hired as a bodyguard/servant of a noble/merchant/scholar.

I'm looking for a follower(or a way to change a follower) into being a non combatant, ideally just hanging back and not getting in the way. I enjoy playing with followers, however I find a lot of the time they can either trivialize a lot of combat or end up getting in the way. Nerfing their stats so they don't do damage or just get downed instantly, just means they end up getting in the way. 

I've tried various follower frameworks, but most of the time as soon as the player engages combat they will charge in regardless of distance or settings.

3 minutes ago, Idynian said:

Hey, so I'm planning a new playthrough, where the character is basically hired as a bodyguard/servant of a noble/merchant/scholar.

I'm looking for a follower(or a way to change a follower) into being a non combatant, ideally just hanging back and not getting in the way. I enjoy playing with followers, however I find a lot of the time they can either trivialize a lot of combat or end up getting in the way. Nerfing their stats so they don't do damage or just get downed instantly, just means they end up getting in the way. 

I've tried various follower frameworks, but most of the time as soon as the player engages combat they will charge in regardless of distance or settings.

Funny you bring this up because I was afraid that no one would be interested. I am currently working on two such followers. It's not hard to make them yourself if you like. It's all about clicking their aggression down in the CK as you make them. Mine will be a while and I don't know if I'll upload them or not anyway.

2 hours ago, Idynian said:

I'm looking for a follower(or a way to change a follower) into being a non combatant, ideally just hanging back and not getting in the way.

Huh on my experience that's what around 60% of the vanilla followers do. That is if they don't actually run and hide. While the other 20some odd percent just rush in and get in the way.

1 hour ago, Heroine of the Night said:

Like Modern Warfare? I dont think so,maybe fire magic? 

Fire magic? It sounds like it would require fancy scripting that I'm not aware of.

1 hour ago, Heroine of the Night said:

How did you get a butterfly as a follower? Do you sex it?

Where is that mod? I never knew I needed that mod. Do I really need that mod? I need that mod!

53 minutes ago, Psalam said:

No, just use the console and tell the follower to "ignore friendly hits".

I think what he wants is to literally disable friendly fire so projectiles ignore the actor completely - not just not damage them 

Ghosts behave like that (I mean the actual ghosts not those hostile ghostly figures) though a Ghost cannot be harmed by anyone or anything, including hostile actors. So thats no solution anyway

20 minutes ago, Scrab said:

I think what he wants is to literally disable friendly fire so projectiles ignore the actor completely - not just not damage them 

Ghosts behave like that (I mean the actual ghosts not those hostile ghostly figures) though a Ghost cannot be harmed by anyone or anything, including hostile actors. So thats no solution anyway

If that is so then I have to agree with Darkpig:

5 hours ago, Darkpig said:

It sounds like it would require fancy scripting that I'm not aware of.