What would you like to see in Bannerlord (mod ideas)

Hi all, just starting this thread as a general discussion about what to expect in Bannerlord. The initial thread in the general gaming section is quite old now, maybe it's time to start something fresh :)

What we have so far :

- New Skin mod : is just as awesome as it's simple (as a feature)

- Captivity Events : is awesome as it open infinite possibilities to add events at any moment of the game. but they're mostly narrative events.

What lacks is mods for dialogue with characters, animations, actual cocks for men, ingame interactions like hitting on girls and guys in taverns to have you way, and such things.

i personnally tried to extract the female body mesh to make some adjustments in blender, but TPAC tools crashes as i'm lacking a few Gigs of RAM... T_T

Any one has ongoing projects ?

Cheers,

Captivity Events and content submods for it are great! Would love to see more that focus on persistent character-character relationships (for example in one submod you can be made the wife of a noble captor and they can humiliate you in front of troops after). I'm mostly a sucker for persistent effects over one-off events, and would like to see mods that have a kind of corruptive effect. What's missing is more sophisticated gameplay effects, which currently is limited to renown (outside of actually being a captive).

Another type of mods I'd like is clothing mods, and if it proves to not be too hard, have them modify animations or movement. Without diving into the mod tools, I'm guessing they'd be a lot harder to make than for TES or Fallout. I'd like bondage gear that enemies could force upon you after capture that you can't remove yourself, with similar effects to Devious Devices. In particular I'd like to see high heels that reduce movement speed.

There are relationship features in TB's or Sadsun's CE extension (not sure which one since i use them both in my current playthrough), with building affinity with prisonner hero that might join you at some point.

There's also slavery progression stuff, which i'm not that much into, but maybe in the future it might lead to a forced change of alliegence, where you fully submit to your master, even in war and on the battlefield.

Speaking of skyrim stuff, i remember battles between Empire and Stormcloaks ending with female soldiers beeing raped by male winners. That would be a stunning cheer mode for bannerlord to have your way with captured ones right on the field.

12 hours ago, vasyanchic12 said:

I would like mods for playing a male character - a slave owner. with the upbringing, punishment of slaves. and their development

Have you ever played that game SimBrothel, where you play as a male or female brothel owner and manage it from an empty nothing to a thriving temple of joy by investing in improvements, hiring girls, guards, training them and so on.

ok not exactly slave owner, but somewhat similar

something like that might be implemented as an extension on BadListener's Brothel .. i like the idea :)

As a slave owner, beside slave management, do you envision something like an army of slave whores, where you trade their services for denars and goods to other parties ?

The presence of slave whores in your party would unlock a new encounter dialogue option where you offer your girls for a price based on slave "quality" and barter skill.

However i think they should remain as prisonners, so you don't have to manage them on the battlefield.

fighting whores are no longer slave but can be interesting as well, offering the same options as the slave whores but fighting alongside your troops with crossbows and knives and veeeery low morale (they're ok to help but won't die for you if things turn ugly)

On 29.12.2020 at 21:42, Ambrothos said:

Have you ever played that game SimBrothel, where you play as a male or female brothel owner and manage it from an empty nothing to a thriving temple of joy by investing in improvements, hiring girls, guards, training them and so on.

ok not exactly slave owner, but somewhat similar

something like that might be implemented as an extension on BadListener's Brothel .. i like the idea 

Yes. that's a great idea

On 29.12.2020 at 21:42, Ambrothos said:

As a slave owner, beside slave management, do you envision something like an army of slave whores, where you trade their services for denars and goods to other parties ?

I think this opportunity should be obligatory. without her, the impressions will not be complete

On 12/29/2020 at 9:42 PM, Ambrothos said:

However i think they should remain as prisonners, so you don't have to manage them on the battlefield.

fighting whores are no longer slave but can be interesting as well, offering the same options as the slave whores but fighting alongside your troops with crossbows and knives and veeeery low morale (they're ok to help but won't die for you if things turn ugly)

that's a great idea too) for those who will be captives, it would be interesting to see some sort of harem system or something like that. where you could select your favorite captives as concubines. appoint senior concubines. have at least a primitive system of sympathy or affection or devotion. well, these are my specific fantasies) do not judge strictly)

1, Making captives' skulls into drinking cups.

2, Strip fallen enemies in battle.

3, Violate fallen enemies in battle.

4, decap or dismember enemies in battle.

4, Different ways to execute prisoners (ie. gallows, hanging poles, impalement, saws, tear apart with horses, etc)

5, longer death cam after execution instead of blacking out.

6, preserve captive's heads or dead bodies after executing them.

7, turning captive's heads of bodies into decorations(trophy shields, impaleds scarecrows, etc) or even equipable items.

2 -> done in CE

4 -> https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/400

4bis -> yes, and maybe even some sort of trials where you can justify the execution without losing honor, even earning some.

your other points make me think of some other ideas on TW forum where people asks for the possibility to customize their fiefs, then next step is to mod decoration sets for the various tastes

Only thing I can think of that hasn't been suggested or doesn't seem to be done yet is better armor/clothing for females that's still somewhat thematic. There is the mod on netflix for maid/santa outfits but I'm hoping for more revealing armors or stuff resemblent of UNP armors from skyrim. Any good clothes for the brides would be nice

Long term and insanely ambitious, but here is what I wish:

I would love to see more "corruption" but a more widespread one, have laws that force Ladies do the dance they used to do in dickplo reloaded, with tiers of such laws, like the first one the ladies go topless but with bras, second only underwear, fourth fully naked, fifth they agree to have sex with the guests, same in the city itself, with some "debauchery bar/stat" to show how perverted the town is, no vanilla prostitutes in the street at 0 and full on bestiality in public at 100.

Visit camp, like in SOTT/Warphilia/Warwolf you can ask your companions/hire prostitutes to fuck your soldiers, In the mods they used to form a line in front of a tent, while inside they girl was ridding cowgirl the soldier, you could throw shows too, lets be greedy, another bar/stat of debauchery for your warband, at the benginning they are OK with just having some peasants girls dancing over a scaffolding, at the middle they would like to have sex/nude dancing, and at the end full on medieval bdsm to placate them.

To woo ladies you could introduce new quests, like a sturgian lady wanting to be "hunted", she fully naked running in the woods and letting you do what you wish once you cach her, something like that for every culture, Fem MC will be forced/agree to do weird stuff themselves.

For female characters they could be asked to do some more kinky stuff by the gangs, like banging a horse to entretain a khergit gang (EDU check), going into a boat trip with the sturgian gangs and getting banged by all (CON check), an orgy with the imperials (SOC check), and so on.

Lastly, and the most perverse thing to have: sex with your wife on the bed, just cuddle-fucking her.

On 12/29/2020 at 3:42 PM, Ambrothos said:

Have you ever played that game SimBrothel

Offtopic: Bro, don't remind me, that is what I call wasted potential, it was such a good game, that one and breeding season.

I think dress codes would be a nice addition.

I am not sure whether they can always be enforced, but... being required to wear (or not wear) specific outfits and/or pieces of armor in various contexts (much like the arena "outfit", but for taverns and courts and so on) would add to the game. 

Right now I'm playing with Captivity Events and TB's extensions. I tried to run  SG's but I can't make heads or tails of how to make it work. I keep getting errors where menu id's are already loaded. I guess I'd like to see an expansion of CE for Captors, because although it's great it's kind of light. 

On 1/27/2021 at 4:51 PM, Wyrik said:

Right now I'm playing with Captivity Events and TB's extensions. I tried to run  SG's but I can't make heads or tails of how to make it work. I keep getting errors where menu id's are already loaded. I guess I'd like to see an expansion of CE for Captors, because although it's great it's kind of light. 

Anything specific in mind for expanded captor events, either thematically or systemically? 

20 hours ago, ragendrunk said:

Just wondering,

Whats the difficulty scale of modding this as compared to Skyrim? From what someone has said, the ram needs are high to process, but is it comparable in difficulty to Bethesda modding? If it's not even close then chances are, modders wont be bothered.

Depends on what you want to mod. Right now, the biggest issue is that TaleWorlds is still changing around the code with certain updates - for example, the XML coding for troops got overhauled in the 1.5.7 Beta which throws troop mods for a loop. And troop modding is probably one of the easier things to do right now since it's pretty much all XML based - the real issues start to crop in once you add models and such that it gets more complicated.

It does seem like once you have a model it's somewhat easy to bring in from Blender based on some pdfs that I have seen around, but quite frankly until TW stabilizes the code chances are a lot of mods are going to have issues and likely break during every update.

But there is a pretty thriving modding community already, and that's with EA being a constant pain with updates ruining foundational mods like Harmony or the Mod Configuration Menu, ButterLib, etc.

On 1/5/2021 at 12:02 AM, vestman said:

1, Making captives' skulls into drinking cups.

2, Strip fallen enemies in battle.

3, Violate fallen enemies in battle.

4, decap or dismember enemies in battle.

4, Different ways to execute prisoners (ie. gallows, hanging poles, impalement, saws, tear apart with horses, etc)

5, longer death cam after execution instead of blacking out.

6, preserve captive's heads or dead bodies after executing them.

7, turning captive's heads of bodies into decorations(trophy shields, impaleds scarecrows, etc) or even equipable items.

Yeah, executions right now are something of a disappointment due to the fade-to-black and being the same exact chop with an axe that's not really well suited for the pose being done either. I get that TW is probably keeping in mind the game's rating (inherent gore immediately escalates the rating as I understand it, which is why For Honor is an M-rated game despite the gore being pretty tame all things considered since it just ends in red circles where the cut is), but I'd like to see them actually go through all the way. A longer execution sequence would certainly take work, but it would certainly be immersive and allow for some last words in dialogue - especially since execution should really be a way to cap off a rivalry and bring it to a conclusion one way or the other.

Keeping heads to put on spikes or as trophies would be fitting too, especially for the Battanians as they are explicitly headhunters in the lore (both Caladog and one of his supporters bring up the heads claimed in the Battle of Pendriac), as well as just fitting the general theme. Same for drinking cups - and one of the remarks by Battanians when you first meet individuals is a remark about how 'there's not a clan that hasn't contributed a skull to our drinking cups'. Admittedly, the battanians are already really falling into the 'stereotypical barbarian' aspect hard, but it'd be nice to see stuff.

I probably wouldn't want them as wargear, but I won't judge.

Plus, you could pair that with other rites for the dead, which I think would be a nice touch to have to deal with burying dead characters. It's one of those things though that while it might take quite a bit of effort to do well, adds a lot to the immersion to have to deal with all the bodies that get made. Could also characterize different cultures by their rites as well, and returning bodies can be a certain way to make friends or act as a way to earn mercy/honor/generosity points.

On 2/1/2021 at 1:25 AM, transfer said:

Anything specific in mind for expanded captor events, either thematically or systemically? 

You made an outstanding mod and I've played both sides of it and loved each playthrough. Right now it's in the background and I've decided to join the SE and reconquer the Empire. Things are going swimmingly.

If I knew how to code worth half a crap though I'd add a chained series of events for captors as it relates to captives both male and female. 

The first would be a series of events that would change relations with the captives themselves and I'd probably pepper them throughout the expansion. Right now there is, I think, only two events that causes that change and one comes with CE's default. Decisions made would influence the individual but also the clan's relation especially if you decided to be cruel to your captives.

Broken as of now triggers a slavery notification but outside of the notification and the line of dialogue where the slave denies being your slave there is nothing past it. I'd also place devoted as a slavery condition, but it would be viewed far differently. 

I'd add instances where if you encountered character 'x' on the map during peacetime you'd have a expanded amount of dialogue and possibly events that would trigger from that after they had been enslaved. So say in the case of a devoted slave saying upon defeat 'I am at your mercy' they would say 'I knew you would come for me Master/Mistress" 

The affection and obedience mechanic would be expanded upon vastly. triggering separate decisions and outcomes based on how you've treated your captives. For instance, an event I thought of would fire when the player was below 50% health. Depending on the affection level of the captive you would get differing outcomes for options. The event would play out to where the captive would be almost mocking of the player, to deeply concerned. 

Finally I'd add in a slave training event string where options were given to break down a captive's will and resistance towards the player character. This would also have options determined by affection/obedience. 

Thematically I'd write the events where the player can decide to be an utter bastard and force submission in which case the captive would hold them in utter contempt (Obedience 80-100, Affection 0) A middle option where the captive would be both receptive and repulsed. (Obedience 10-80. Affection 10-100) And a third option where the captor is devoted completely to the captor (Affection 80-100, Obedience 80-100) The slave training events would have options to force submission by force ("I will force you because I'm stronger.") that would trigger pure obedience and negative relation penalties, at the same time there would be options to bring submission by choice ("You will do this because it's pleasing to do it, for us both.") which would bring affection and obedience, and relationship bonuses.

tldr : I'm a Gorean lifestyler and I can't code. Here's what I'd do if I didn't suck. Thanks for attending my Ted Talk.

9 hours ago, Wyrik said:

You made an outstanding mod and I've played both sides of it and loved each playthrough. Right now it's in the background and I've decided to join the SE and reconquer the Empire. Things are going swimmingly.

If I knew how to code worth half a crap though I'd add a chained series of events for captors as it relates to captives both male and female. 

The first would be a series of events that would change relations with the captives themselves and I'd probably pepper them throughout the expansion. Right now there is, I think, only two events that causes that change and one comes with CE's default. Decisions made would influence the individual but also the clan's relation especially if you decided to be cruel to your captives.

Broken as of now triggers a slavery notification but outside of the notification and the line of dialogue where the slave denies being your slave there is nothing past it. I'd also place devoted as a slavery condition, but it would be viewed far differently. 

I'd add instances where if you encountered character 'x' on the map during peacetime you'd have a expanded amount of dialogue and possibly events that would trigger from that after they had been enslaved. So say in the case of a devoted slave saying upon defeat 'I am at your mercy' they would say 'I knew you would come for me Master/Mistress" 

The affection and obedience mechanic would be expanded upon vastly. triggering separate decisions and outcomes based on how you've treated your captives. For instance, an event I thought of would fire when the player was below 50% health. Depending on the affection level of the captive you would get differing outcomes for options. The event would play out to where the captive would be almost mocking of the player, to deeply concerned. 

Finally I'd add in a slave training event string where options were given to break down a captive's will and resistance towards the player character. This would also have options determined by affection/obedience. 

Thematically I'd write the events where the player can decide to be an utter bastard and force submission in which case the captive would hold them in utter contempt (Obedience 80-100, Affection 0) A middle option where the captive would be both receptive and repulsed. (Obedience 10-80. Affection 10-100) And a third option where the captor is devoted completely to the captor (Affection 80-100, Obedience 80-100) The slave training events would have options to force submission by force ("I will force you because I'm stronger.") that would trigger pure obedience and negative relation penalties, at the same time there would be options to bring submission by choice ("You will do this because it's pleasing to do it, for us both.") which would bring affection and obedience, and relationship bonuses.

tldr : I'm a Gorean lifestyler and I can't code. Here's what I'd do if I didn't suck. Thanks for attending my Ted Talk.

A surprising number of these functions exist currently - unless you're looking for something more specific, the slave training event more or less exists as a player-initiated event via threatening / humiliation / torture (force, and tbh some of those events are quiiite harsh) vs sharing a meal / talking / sharing an intimate moment (choice, though some of the events are flavored such that if you want to be a bastard you can, it'll just raise obedience instead of affection). These options can be found by going into the party menu and talking to individual prisoners, then selecting the 'time to have some fun!' option. 

There are some differences - the 'choice' options reduce rather than increase obedience (because the view of obedience vs affection for prisoners I'm using is that obedience is sort of resignation -> mind-break, where affection is stockholm syndrome-esque dependency -> devotion). 

There are also some events which do currently behave differently when a captive is broken or devoted - particularly any player-initiated action on a broken captive will result in sex (because they're so addled they literally can't concieve of anything else someone might want them for), where a devoted captive will always accept player-initiated sex. There are also a handful of events (I think one or two per state?) which trigger only for prisoners or companions in that state. 

Affection / Obedience were always intended to be stats I or other writers could pull on to trigger new events and specific event outcomes (if you haven't run into it, the Thief storyline and its options were basically a prototype for what became a more general system, and so are more fleshed out in some specifics. It also describes an alternate version of the broken state in which the prisoner is literally stripped of their will via 'alchemy' instead of just trained) 

In a previous build, affection / obedience were actually both done directly via relation with captives. Unfortunately this played merry havoc with people trying to play the game as anything other than a gorean simulator, because taleworlds' implementation of relation is extremely broad. 

At the moment, my current effort has been to expand captive events to affect companions so that a bit more debauchery finds its way into a more standard playthrough, but I definitely will be writing more events to reflect the devoted / broken status for prisoners, and based on your feedback will likely move the 'enslavement' option to a separate track that interacts with the others (because as you pointed out, slaves don't have to be devoted or broken to be slaves, and a devoted or broken slave will behave differently than a non-broken/devoted slave). 

The tricky thing for me is always balancing the specificity of an event (which often makes it more exciting - running into something novel you haven't seen before is a good feeling) with the diversity of events. I've landed on a compromise of "write a few more specific events, but mostly stick to general / high-incidence events until events stop feeling as repetitive", but unfortunately it takes a really surprisingly large number of events for them to stop feeling repetitive :/

I'll have to try to shift my focus more to specific events. Thank you for your feedback!

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2021 at 12:20 PM, AGHferre said:

If anybody will make something like Dickplomacy Reloaded (Warband) but in Bannerlord...

and polygamy...

For polygamy:

Marry Anyone - https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1483

MoreSpouses - https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1393 (I'm having issues using this one in 1.5.9)

For Dickplomacy, I think a lot has been implemented or mods create. Is there anything in particular you are interested in?

Hi,

as always, there have been a lot of work already done. 

Thanks to the recent skimpy armors from bikini fantasy, i would like to be able to add sets of clothes for my brothels to diversify the feeling in them,  maybe as simple as a dialogue to open the inventory, of prostitute and add a few set of preselected clothing per brothel via the brothel manager ? And the possibility to train the nobles I put in them too, to really justify their star status.

Anyway thanks to the modders ! We can have more fun thanks to you.