Request: Jus Primae Noctis

Hey guys,

today I was trying to write a CK3 mod for Jus Primae Noctis - the right of a liege to have the first night with their courtiers' and vassals' betrothed/daughters as soon as they become of age and ready to marry. Since I never wrote any mods, I couldn't get through it so I wanted to ask you guys, if anyone is willing in creating such a mod.

Features:

-> When forming a new religion, one should be able to choose a religious tenet for Jus Primae Noctis: Not Accepted - Available for every liege in the realm - only available for top liege/player

-> When e.g. the daughter of your duke becomes 16, you should get a notification similar to the one when your heir is ready to marry

-> Vassals and Courtiers should be honored that their liege helped their betrothed/daughters with their sexual guidance

-> If the girl gets pregnant, the bastard kid should become the primary heir to its new father-in-law

Thanks in advance, looking forward to your answers

Have a look at dollarsmys World of Sexcraft.

It's not insanely complicated to expand on:

check for the tenet, have hidden referral event(s), trigger actual event for top liege.

For the tenets you probably mean doctrines if there's 3 options to choose from. Have a look at the religion mods here or on steam, you can find something to work from there.

Exactly, nobody knows if it was real or an invention of contemporary literature.

So the feudal lord was allowed to have sex with the bride on the wedding night or demand a monetary substitute for the defloration since the wedding took place on his grounds.

In my opinion, the child should be a legitimized bastard of the groom's dynasty with the liege as known father.

It should also get a trait similar to "born in the purple" instead of the bastard trait were others acknowledge him to be superior among the dynasty and a capable heir (in accordance with gender laws):

- Tier I: (half blood protector) bride bedded by a count liege (+10 opinion from dynasty members, +5 same faith opinion, +0.1 monthly prestige, +0.25 health)

- Tier II: (half blood suzerain) bride bedded by a duke liege (+15 opinion from dynasty members, +5 same faith opinion, +0.2 monthly prestige, +0.25 health)

- Tier III: (half blood royal) bride bedded by a king liege (+20 opinion from dynasty members, +5 same faith opinion, +0.3 monthly prestige, +0.25 health)

- Tier IV: (half blood prince/princess) bride bedded by an emperor liege (+25 opinion from dynasty members, +5 same faith opinion, +0.4 monthly prestige, +0.25 health)

The mother and all members of the dynasty should also get an opinion bonus towards the liege since he blessed their wedding night and gave them an heir of superior blood:

- mother and groom/stepfather +10/15/20/25 opinion

- other dynasty members: +5/7.5/10/12.5 opinion 

For "realism" reasons, however, it would be best to dynamicly substract the opinion bonus in accordance with the title of the groom/stepfather: e.g. if an emperor bedded the bride of a king (honored one level): 
- heir gets the trait half blood prince with a bonus of (+10 opinion from dynasty members, +5 same faith opinion, +0.1 monthly prestige, +0.25 health)

-> value should be dynamic & adjusted: e.g. if the husband of the mother isn't a king anymore but only a duke (+15 opinion from dynasty memberss, +5 same faith opinion, +0.2 monthly prestige, +0.25 health) (honored two levels)

- mother, stepfather and dynasty members get +10/5 opinion towards the liege (honored wedding night) - value can be static and doesn't need to change

Kinda feel like this would be something only the player should be allowed to do. Anything else would be catastrophic in terms of the AI. Be funny though. Especially if a player had the unlimited wards mod which would allow them to educate, befriend and have hooks over all their bastards in one go. Also would be more incline to happen if it were intermixed with the deviant trait

On 12/2/2020 at 11:01 AM, Tortor123 said:

Exactly, nobody knows if it was real or an invention of contemporary literature.

So the feudal lord was allowed to have sex with the bride on the wedding night or demand a monetary substitute for the defloration since the wedding took place on his grounds.

In my opinion, the child should be a legitimized bastard of the groom's dynasty with the liege as known father.

It should also get a trait similar to "born in the purple" instead of the bastard trait were others acknowledge him to be superior among the dynasty and a capable heir (in accordance with gender laws):

- Tier I: (half blood protector) bride bedded by a count liege (+10 opinion from dynasty members, +5 same faith opinion, +0.1 monthly prestige, +0.25 health)

- Tier II: (half blood suzerain) bride bedded by a duke liege (+15 opinion from dynasty members, +5 same faith opinion, +0.2 monthly prestige, +0.25 health)

- Tier III: (half blood royal) bride bedded by a king liege (+20 opinion from dynasty members, +5 same faith opinion, +0.3 monthly prestige, +0.25 health)

- Tier IV: (half blood prince/princess) bride bedded by an emperor liege (+25 opinion from dynasty members, +5 same faith opinion, +0.4 monthly prestige, +0.25 health)

The mother and all members of the dynasty should also get an opinion bonus towards the liege since he blessed their wedding night and gave them an heir of superior blood:

- mother and groom/stepfather +10/15/20/25 opinion

- other dynasty members: +5/7.5/10/12.5 opinion 

For "realism" reasons, however, it would be best to dynamicly substract the opinion bonus in accordance with the title of the groom/stepfather: e.g. if an emperor bedded the bride of a king (honored one level): 
- heir gets the trait half blood prince with a bonus of (+10 opinion from dynasty members, +5 same faith opinion, +0.1 monthly prestige, +0.25 health)

-> value should be dynamic & adjusted: e.g. if the husband of the mother isn't a king anymore but only a duke (+15 opinion from dynasty memberss, +5 same faith opinion, +0.2 monthly prestige, +0.25 health) (honored two levels)

- mother, stepfather and dynasty members get +10/5 opinion towards the liege (honored wedding night) - value can be static and doesn't need to change

I really like the idea of the mod itself, since this is both sexual *and* even sort-of-historical, but for this very reason I strongly dislike the idea of positive opinion modifiers. It really should be the opposite.

There is absolutely no evidence that jus primae noctis - if it ever existed - was seen positively by anyone except the Lord who got his dick wet.
In fact all the sources we have showcase it as a prime example of tyranny. And why have the alternative to pay money if the act itself was so prestigeous for the family/groom?

Also for many people, myself included, it takes the fun out of cucking the groom if he's somehow totally into it.

Now I do understand that some people *are* into it, and If you really want that it could make sense as a religion in which there is some higher meaning ascribed to it all. But i'd very much like that to be optional and the regular jus primae noctis to be a crown law and an act of tyranny, as it was "historically".

So negative opinion maluses for

- The bride (minor. Being raped was relatively common back then)

- The brides family members (minor, growing to major depending on rank)
- The groom (major, growing to massive depending on his rank. A vassal king will hate you a LOT more than a baron)

Maybe positive liege opinion for the potential offspring