A game like Rimworld and Dwarf Fortress, Amazing Cultivation Simulator

Having looked a little into the situation as far as modding goes, it supports LUA and XML-style based mods. There are works in the same kind of genre that support sex to improve your cultivation (read magic advancement) in both exploitative and non-exploitative methods. Add in things like sentient items becoming people with benefits from what the item was, the beastly yaoguai and their three forms, and even without adding too much you have a wide base to work with.

EDIT: To put a little more spitballing into this, you'd probably want to key any kind of benefit off traits or failing having an appropriate one the second age occupation. Held items and medicines and pills can all give traits so that you don't have to make them super likely to appear on characters and also so that you can take advantage of Body of Yin and Body of Yang which sort of would play into this a little anyway.

Stylistically, you'd want to encourage a similarity of state in healthy or 'healthy' relationships and probably make a few unorthodox manuals to get around that in both ways. Doing the opposite of the Sunflower Manual would probably take a lot of work, more than just making one sexualized style with two major branches starting early on and mildly intertwining.

Once I better understand the layout and related stuff for interacting with Cities, I'll either try and do a quick and dirty example for 'recruiting' Cauldrons or if the idea I have is too much pain do an even quicker hack based on the existing brothel wonder.

• 6 months later...

Did anyone ever make anything for this? I recently got into playing this game and am really impressed by how much content and things to do there are. But... I kept thinking, you know what's missing from this? Dual cultivation! It's a classic "evil sect" feature of many xianxia stories, but noticeably absent from the game. It does look like there's plenty of vanilla content that would facilitate someone making this kind of thing too, though I'm not super clear on how difficult it would be to mod in. I looked at some simple xml files for a few mods I grabbed and they appeared simple enough, but doing something more involved probably requires more than that. 

Ideally it would need some kind of sex framework. I would love to see that, but I don't know if there's enough interest. Considering this is the only thread on the forum I could find for this game, seems like maybe not. Then there's always the question of whether a Chinese sex mod may already exist out there - that's really hard for me to say, not being able to read it, but it does seem the bulk of mods are still in Chinese.

• 1 month later...

I would love mods for this game too! Theres only a bit of dating and even that requires you to do some shenanigans to form pairs (I believe the item, handkerchief is required while the game says nowhere what it does). There is a mod, Tie The Knot that makes things less tedious.

On 6/15/2021 at 6:17 AM, penguintennis said:

Did anyone ever make anything for this? I recently got into playing this game and am really impressed by how much content and things to do there are. But... I kept thinking, you know what's missing from this? Dual cultivation! It's a classic "evil sect" feature of many xianxia stories, but noticeably absent from the game. It does look like there's plenty of vanilla content that would facilitate someone making this kind of thing too, though I'm not super clear on how difficult it would be to mod in. I looked at some simple xml files for a few mods I grabbed and they appeared simple enough, but doing something more involved probably requires more than that. 

Ideally it would need some kind of sex framework. I would love to see that, but I don't know if there's enough interest. Considering this is the only thread on the forum I could find for this game, seems like maybe not. Then there's always the question of whether a Chinese sex mod may already exist out there - that's really hard for me to say, not being able to read it, but it does seem the bulk of mods are still in Chinese.

Theres usually two dual cultivation types: Mutual benefit and plunder. Mutual benefit exchanges excess yin (female energy) and yang (male energy) between each other, sometimes other rare energies can be exchanged such as phoenix and dragon hybrid bloodlines benefit eachother. Plundering energy is the evil method, where energy is only taken but nothing is given back. Most common is males stealing yin for cultivation methods that require much yin. Depending on the severity this can steal cultivation, vitality and even life. Some plundering methods do allow the partner to recover over time. Just wanted to clarify how these are portrayed in Xianxia for anyone not aware of the culture because sex is not always negative. Theres also dual cultivation pairs between lovers who are stronger when they fight together, a good example of this is with the protagonist and his lover in Unrivaled Tang Sect where the pair practices an energy exchange method that doesn't even require sex (although its Wuxia as these novels all end upon reaching Xianxian realms).

On 7/21/2021 at 5:25 PM, Untolddead said:

I bought the game when it came out but it has an unskippable tutorial which always makes me rage quit games.

The 1st tutorial isn't long, also if I remember right you can quit right away and start a game without finishing. Theres tons of extra tutorials though and even then people complain that not everything is explained because the tutorials only explain the first stage of the game with a brief overview of later stuff at best. So if you don't enjoy figuring stuff out yourself its well, its the kind of game where the first 100 hours are just considered learning the ropes and even people with 1000 hours don't know everything. Its much more complex than Rimworld. If you are the type that could figure out Dwarf Fortress then I would recommend skipping tutorials entirely, at least I had a blast figuring the game out for myself!

Edited by KirkeSN
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 7:58 PM, BB520 said:

This game already has Lewd content
Simply detach peen and enchant it. Now you can use your peen to beat up helpless people across china & once you ascend directly beat the wind out of demi gods with your enchanted pp.

You can also put "artifacts" in the sect protecting treasure building.  And later you get a way to regenerate your "treasure" so you can have dozens of little treasures defending your sect.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 8:25 PM, Untolddead said:

I bought the game when it came out but it has an unskippable tutorial which always makes me rage quit games.

I mean, it's 5 minutes and also serves as a prologue. And like Kirke said, it is skippable, you just have to *start* it. But good luck with refusing to RTFM lol