Deadly Reflex 6 weirdness

Hello, I recently installed deadly reflex 6 and am experiencing some problems.

Firstly I want to say that I did install what I needed to install. And deadly reflex is last in my load order.

Now, my main problem is the button selection. The default selection is weird as the f key is for sheathing my weapon and I keep crashing when i try to use the v key (weapon throwing?). So, I read the readme and tried to change it. I went to the dr ini and changed the key setting. I fully changed it, ie I changed the key and also put in the right number for the new key. But I still have the default deadly reflex key selection. How do I fix this problem?

Yeah' date=' I had the same issue. After fussing with it for a while I just re-mapped my keys.

All I can suggest is either switch back to DR5, or re-install and try re-mapping the DR6 keys when it asks for you to set them. Wish I could be

more helpful.

The thing is that I was never asked about setting the keys.

[/quote']

Hm, so I don't need to create a new topic; mind if I add a question to the thread?

Are there any complications to getting Deadly Reflex 6 working with Lovers? If I have to choose Lovers wins every time - however it would be nice to use both. Never actually used DR but it seems like it turns the combat awesome.

Personally I opted for an older version of deadly reflex, since 6 seems to have issue with alot of mods that I use. I enjoy using 5, it pretty much has the most important stuff (horse combat in oblivion is something I'd like to avoid actually). Only thing 6 really had that I wanted was a few more kill graphics, everything else was negligible to me.

Well, I backed up my Oblivion folder before installing. Any problems and I can just revert.

I take it the skeleton problem is the reason that I don'tseem to be rendering anything limbless? Combat animations have canged and weapons hit harder (and I die a lot easier) but no flying body parts.

Could you link me to the 'fix'? Couldn't find it. :(

DR 6 by default GREATLY lowers the likelihood of decapitations (you can however adjust this in the ini file, check the nexus forums for instructions how).  DR 6 is really a total change from DR 5 where chopping off heads and folks in half was the highlight of the mod.  Now you can headbutt, kick and throw a sword or dagger to kill your opponents.  I personally liked chopping heads and people in half and have modded that to be more likely to happen.  If you didn't know you can also sneak (assuming you have a high enough skill at it) and attack from a few feet away and get the lopping off head feature.  Good luck.

Ah' date=' thanks for that, but I don't use BBB. Will it still be sueful to me at all? I have found that I don't seem to do decapitation, nor do any of the NPCs. Is that what it fixes?

[/quote']

Oh. Well then you probably don't need it. As for decapitations, well whatever1 already explained it.

• 5 months later...

Archived