IJ2 Power Girl outfit Request

Hello!

Does anyone know where I can find this outfit and similar hairstyle? I really like this character from injustice 2 ❤️ and would like to dress my female sim like her. If anyone knows plz let me know. 

Thanks in Advance!

powergirl.jpg.9ea3b6f5c82d6ebe50200b57eff8d27d.jpg

3 hours ago, lucas1i said:

Does anyone know where I can find this outfit and similar hairstyle?

Not exactly, but it does appear to have possibilities as a project. Not sure about the cape though.

1 hour ago, lucas1i said:

yes that cape can be excluded.

Downloaded a few pictures. The body mesh and boots are no problem. The cape would be an accessory, IF I can get bones to play nice. ))) Always my down fall. Although it's the darn texture for the feathers on the arms that is had me put 2B on hold. (((

I have a hair that is similar, but not quite right. When I have time, I'll look through a few. Again, like 2B, the other conversion didn't include the hair. What I was able to do on the conversion is barely okay, but I'm not a hair person! That other 4 to 3conversion also didn't have the feathers on the arms... starting to see why!

41 minutes ago, landess said:

Maybe easier to be 'doable' as a conversion

Just downloaded it and will take a look tomorrow. What I do on body conversions is to make the TS3 mesh (maybe use some TS4 mesh and convert) and cut up both the mesh UV and image textures to make them fit each other. I'll see how it goes.

40 minutes ago, Patriguz said:

Looking around a bit I found this top

Thanks! Still might like to have that top, but Power Girl seems to be going well so far. On the second body mesh (wasn't happy with the first one). Rehabbed a pair of boots (getting some mileage out of those stiletto boots). Even started on a basic mesh for a cape. May have a rough package tomorrow??? Still not sure how that will work out. Found hair that might work (not in the pic), but haven't looked at it in game yet.

So, as Laura is on vacation, LadySmoks is doing some modelling! 

1834173389_PGsofar.PNG.d67ef02f774c93ca0eebb5c9943fbf25.PNGCapture.PNG.b5d76b1549e0d2a5f600c6f2e9fdf593.PNG

Need to add more detail to the textures... not my strength!!! Glove texture is straight EA. Also working on a new slider. It's to make the waist thinner from the side, and arch the back. Sliders suck!!! There is no real formula, so it's try these numbers... put it in game to see... wrong!!! Try it again!!!! WRONG!!!!!! TRY IT AGAIN!!!!!! OY! One bone makes another change, so you must then add that one to counter the first... then the next changes, and............ But, this one looks ok, but I need to see it as sims move in my game to check the arms... Yes... waist thin and arched back move the arms!!! And mad the head change size. Getting there.

1 hour ago, landess said:

'cuffed' gloves

I've done small things, that aren't too difficult, but add 3d. Although, it does cause problems, sometimes. ((( The belt doesn't move perfectly with the body for some reason, and the hips clip through when running. ((( The front is also 3d along the cleavage. So far, the belt is the only issue, and I think will be easy to fix. I planned to move it a little higher on the hips anyway, and make it out from the body more. )))

9 hours ago, JoshQ said:

body and belt will have matching vertices

No, not what I meant. I have done belts that way before, and doing that is next if what I try now does not work. First, I make the belt so the leather appears thicker to make it more 3d appearance. Also, I moved part  of the belt up as I did not like how it looked on the hips. Doing that DID better align vertices in the problem areas however. I have done a couple of experiments on this mesh which I am pleased have worked. )

10 hours ago, lucas1i said:

?can't wait to try it out.

Once I am satisfied with the meshes, I will do more work on the texture to add more detail. The first cape was too static with only one bone. I made a Power Girl. Of course, she is athletic, and when autonomously exercising, the cape was stiff. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to @JoshQ, it's getting better. I'm finally figuring out and able to use the bone painting in Blender that Josh tried teaching me months ago. So much that takes time to sink in!!! The cape remains the biggest problem, but I should have it worked out soon. )))

2 hours ago, JoshQ said:

at lest those below the shoulders

)))))) Unfortunately, it IS the shoulder that has been the problem. I used the af night shirt as the base for the bones. It needed the bones for spine 0 and pelvis. Also some bones from the thighs. I was able to paint and smooth the bones along the pelvis, thighs, spine 0, spine 1 and 2 so the cape does not follow tight to the waist, but flows a little. A medallion holds the cape at the left clavicle, just above the left breast. I was able to solid paint that part as not to distort. But as this cape bunches the top to one side, those bones have been a problem. I tried increasing weight for the clavicle, and now will try decreasing it, and making the gap between the body and cape a little more. If she just stands, it looks okay, but as soon as she moves, it clips (only where I circled). The arms clip when she walks, but I am not worrying about that. I have not tested the most recent try yet. But... I AM learning this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!! )))))))))))))))) So much that you told me took time to sink in, but I continue to try. )))

cape.png.f82a1bd031098650ad4d5807fce3315b.png

Update: So far, it looks like this latest cape might work!

5 minutes ago, landess said:

Perfection cost's sanity points: Don't overspend!

HAHA! Josh said once that it seems I seek perfection, but what I seek is to do the best that I can. ))) Painting bone weights is new for me. I kind of did it before, but now understand it a little better... Still, "patience and practice"!!! That the shoulder appears to be fixed is what I wanted. Now some testing. If it looks good, then to fix morphs and make LODs 2 and 3 for the outfit. ))))

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

make LODs 2 and 3 for the outfit.

I'm always surprised when these aren't made and when 'zooming out' parts of the body vanish....   :( 

I can also tell when my system is under 'stress' when the game uses a LOD while compiling the detailed look for a Sim as a placeholder. It also explains why during this 'process' I sometimes see a low detail LOD, or missing body parts (no LOD to use).

21 minutes ago, landess said:

I'm always surprised when these aren't made and when 'zooming out' parts of the body vanish.... 

Shhhhhhhh! I didn't make them on perhaps my first two dresses.... I really didn't know how. ((((((( Didn't vanish, but the base dress I made mine from shows, and there isn't any texture on the skirt portion of the LOD 2 and 3 mesh because it was moved for LOD 1. I know better now!!!

I get LOD 2 a lot, as the game tries to "focus". LOD 3 is seen from so far away that it almost doesn't matter. But, LOD 2 is usually seen while you can still tell who the sim is, and it's also used in the portrait panel. 

Something like the cape, I may simply copy the LOD 1 mesh to the other 2, as it's fairly small and the file isn't THAT big.

58 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

LOD 2 is usually seen while you can still tell who the sim is, and it's also used in the portrait panel

Thank you for this information. It explains to me why some custom hairs look like ass in the portraits. It also confirms which LOD I see when 'focusing' as you say - it's definitely #3

I guess the only other 'oddity' I see with no explanation for is the Sim 'bust' that appears on screen when clicking anything having options will sometimes show 'clothing' below it - instead of being 'blank' like default.

Spoiler

options.png.95066f6a99c840d5f894005e6a60ae80.png

You can see the pink top beneath the Sim Bust in this shot right next to the Seasons Weather Stone Icon.

19 minutes ago, landess said:

some custom hairs look like ass

Hair is different... and like some accessories... It has 4 LODs, starting with LOD 0, which is very high quality level, and many hair makers use the same for LODs 0 and 1, and some for LOD 2... but, some also reduce poly very heavily for LOD 2, and even more for LOD 3.

I now tend to reduce polycount to between 50% and 60% for LOD 2, and as low as 20% for LOD 3. Exactly how much I cut them depends on how I think they look.

Not sure why you see clothes, but I think the game makes thumbnails according to whatever the everyday outfit is, or will be. Not really sure, as I never looked to deep at it, because it doesn't really bother me... But, I have seen this.

21 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Not sure why you see clothes

It not always, but just certain CC. Since I've downloaded a considerable amount of clothing CC in the past year, I have recently noticed this happening occasionally. With the discussion on LODs also affecting portraits, I started trying to put 2 + 2 together.

I noticed the portraits will change depending on the outfit worn though - which sometimes makes me stop and drag an NPC to CAS because, you know, EA.....

When starting a new save series (new world/town) I stopped using the NRaas 'kick out/delete homeless Sims' feature which occurs at the beginning of new games, and I now get a LOT of NPC's being pushed to public lot's.

9 hours ago, landess said:

a LOT of NPC's being pushed to public lot's.

Very rare that I kill off the homeless. Again, as we all have so many different add on mods, and same mods with different settings applied, but I found doing that, there were no NPCs to fill roles as bartenders and bouncers. Every time I went somewhere, I had to use register to fill the roles.