Watch Dogs: Legion adult modding potential?

I'm currently watching early reviews of the game, and it seems that it has a lot more going for it than it's predecessors, in terms of things like "character vehicle" and little side missions and stuff.

So I'm wondering if this will provide more freedom to make Fallout 4 tier level mods (or close to it like animations, quest based adult mods and other), I'm not really a modder so forgive me if this comes off as a bit ignorant.

I believe the game is "always online" like ghost recon & the division so modding the game might be close to if not impossible to mod. One might be able to use something like Cheat Engine to unlock paid costumes/play around with textures like in assassins creed odyssey but other than that I don't think we'll be seeing any complicated user made mods for Legion.

4 hours ago, Klarate said:

I believe the game is "always online" like ghost recon & the division so modding the game might be close to if not impossible to mod. One might be able to use something like Cheat Engine to unlock paid costumes/play around with textures like in assassins creed odyssey but other than that I don't think we'll be seeing any complicated user made mods for Legion.

I get what you're saying, but it's confirmed that it won't require an always-online connect to play https://www.shacknews.com/article/112343/watch-dogs-legion-wont-be-always-online.

I actually checked this before posting because of the exact point you mentioned

3 hours ago, koaamz said:

I get what you're saying, but it's confirmed that it won't require an always-online connect to play https://www.shacknews.com/article/112343/watch-dogs-legion-wont-be-always-online.

I actually checked this before posting because of the exact point you mentioned

that is good news. i totally hate video games that are required to be online 24/7. its stupid to have a feature like that. 

Might not be always online but still in a different league from games like the Fallout/Elder Scrolls games which have been built with mods in mind. If the game becomes ultra popular some might try to create custom tools to edit textures and such but I really don't think we'll see anything beyond that, I hope that I'm wrong though because I like Legions from what I've played so far but I'm not very hopeful.

I'm LOVING this game and I'm looking forward to an "operative editor" so we can get exactly the people we want looking exactly how we'd like them to look.

UPDATE: Looks like the source code has been hacked and released which I believe means good things for modding potential. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...