I'm having a problem with a mod I made. Over time, it has put 15000 scripts into my save file.

I made a mod (unpublished) that updates Portable OnDemand Disposable Unlimited Mannequins. Basically, it's a mannequin mod where you put down actual NPCs, they wear the equipment you give them, and then since they're NPC you can pose and animate them.

I rewrote it from scratch, using a decompiled version of the original as reference. I added a list menu (like Add Item Menu) and a kinda plugin system where you can drop in an ESP with new mannequins and it will add them to the list.

The problem is that I didn't realize that there's A TON of forms/scripts attached to each, and I have no idea where they came from. Based on my tests, it seems to be > 30 forms/scripts per mannequin. And then deleting the mannequin, it doesn't clean up the scripts. A recent save game viewed in Savetool shows that there's > 15k forms/scripts attached to the cell that I use, and there are no orphans. Skyrim.esm only has ~8800 . . . so obviously this is a problem.

I believe this is at the core of the in-game problem I'm having which is that the game hangs when loading the most recent save as the first load from starting the game. I can first-load a previous save to start the game, then load the save that hangs, and the game works just fine.

Anyway, I now know that disabling and removing the mannequin doesn't detach and kill/clean up the scripts. So I need to do that.

The game doesn't really do a whole lot of spawn/destroy of entities with scripts attached to them. Even if it did, it wouldn't do it hundreds of times in a single cell.  so I realize that this kinda cleanup may not even be a thing. 

I also realize that the better practice would be to not attach the scripts in the first place, but I have no idea where they came from. I purposefully only attached I think like 5 (it's been a while), so filtering out unknowns will be "hard". It seems easier to clean up properly on deletion, which would be a good thing to do regardless of reduced attachments.

So I realize that any specific help would be based on seeing the source, but right now I really just need to know if this kind of clean up is possible, and how it might be done.