[Poll] NPC Sexlab stats

NPC SexLab stats  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel if a mod adds NPCs that come with their own preset stats, schlong sizes, gender preferences, etc ...?

• It would annoy me
    • I wouldn't even notice
    • I would like it if it adds to the story
    • I would like that added variation in general
  2. 2. How do you feel if that mod overrides the vanilla NPC's stats, schlong sizes, gender preferences, etc ...?

• It would annoy me
    • I wouldn't even notice
    • I would like it if it adds to the story
    • I would like that added variation in general

We have a few LL mods around that make use of the SexLab stats of NPCs.

Initially, they can start zeroed  or with random values and will change over the course of your game.

But how do you feel if a mod adds NPCs that come with their own stats, schlong size, gender preferences, etc ...? Or if that mod overrides your vanilla NPC's stats?

Of course you can add your comments below :classic_smile:

I try to play SIMS in Skyrim and let them all start with zero stats and let them evolve over time with Sexlife (has also an option to seed predefined stats), Pet Collar, SLAC (creature lovers react differently to creatures), DEC, but I also change some manually.

If a mod comes with modified settings and stats already I don't see anything bad with that, especially if it adds to the story the mod wants to tell.

Now that you say it, I don't think I have a mod in LO that even cares for that kind of Micromanagement (other than combat stats, HP,SP,MP, perks, spells, stuff like that)

SLS makes a difference tho lol

1 hour ago, worik said:

But how do you feel if a mod adds NPCs that come with their own stats, schlong size, gender preferences, etc ...?

The nice thing would be if, in addition to these variables, it had its own story capable of subverting that of Skyrim.
Why do we have to take sides in the civil war? I state that someone wanted to cut our heads off without even knowing why.
why must we be the ones to save the world from dragons? Can't we just take it over by commanding the dragons?

32 minutes ago, Lestat1627 said:

The nice thing would be if, in addition to these variables, it had its own story capable of subverting that of Skyrim.

I agree :classic_smile:

But my aim is far more limited due to my abilities. :classic_shy:

Now, that I'm learning how to do stat modifying, I'm trying to find out, if and where it would collide with the way that others play Skyrim.

Maybe an additional world is enough. Even there, we must always save everything and everyone, with no choice.
It would be nice to have a choice: "Do you want to save the world, or do you want to conquer it?"
Something like that.
Whatever choice we make, there is no change. We must always save the world.
It might even be enough to take our side in the civil war. Let them hurry up with each other

A mod can do what it wants with the NPCs it adds, so I wouldn't really have a problem with a mod setting its own stats.  It it wants to override what I've done (probably badly) with other NPCs though, it better have a really good reason. 

If that is the point of the mod and it gave me better control over the process, how stats are seeded and so forth, then I might like it and pick the mod just for that. Other mods have their idea of Skyrim and want everyone to conform to that.

• 2 weeks later...

OK then, 16 votes is at least a first impression of opinions to paint in intermediate picture.

First question "How do you feel if a mod adds NPCs that come with their own preset stats, schlong sizes, gender preferences, etc ...?"

I interpret that as a wider interest in elaborated sexual attributes of mod NPC.

That's telling me that I (and other mod authors) should add these details to modded NPC as well. More work, of course. But the added fun could make it worthwile

Second question "How do you feel if that mod overrides the vanilla NPC's stats, schlong sizes, gender preferences, etc ...?"

Far less obvious results.

Appx. 1/3rd states that it would be annoying. At least for me this is a meaningful opinion, since I would not intend to break the game spirit of other players.

That's telling me, that I should avoid these changes or make them optional and easy to toggle off.

But I am not really understanding WHY this is so. ?

I anybody could explain this a bit more, please?

To my second question - examples could help me to understand. I want to throw some names in here.

Why is it annoying for you if a mod twiddles with the sexual experience, schlong or sexual orientation of one of these NPCs below?

Pick one or as many as you like from my (incomplete) list of candidates

Dawnguard

Dawnstar

Falkreath

Markarth

Morthal

Riften

Solitude

Solstheim

Whiterun

Windhelm

Winterhold