ERO - Etheria's Romance Overhaul [2022-01-31]

The mod functions sound great, just downloaded it. Either I have one or more incompatible mods installed or S4CL needs a December 8 fix. I got some exceptions even without your mod installed. So I'll wait for CN to update the lib to .56

What I don't get is the country support. At least my Sims know only their Sims world and may prefer to meet and mary sims from or living in Strangerville, Sunset Valley, Sulani, ... or Komorebi.

There are still natives in many countries but American often means immigrant from Europe or Asia and not Inka. No offence meant but the typical American is white, fat and can't cook (except grilling burgers), isn't it? Also England is full of redhead Anglo-Saxons and French people (+ other immigrants mostly from the U.K. / colonies). So I have no idea why I should select a random country preference.

==> I'd prefer a tiny 'origin' system reflecting only the in-game location.

5 hours ago, Oops19 said:

There are known vanilla bugs related to removing a known trait, debate team university events, and others, just post a Last Exception for a modder to look at. Your assumption that they are from S4CL itself is incorrect, as S4CL being in any Last Exception file does not mean it's an issue with S4CL, it simply means you have it installed and code runs through it, so you probably have a mod conflict overwriting something. S4CL doesn't break with patches, rather it often fixes these vanilla bugs until they're fixed by an official game patch.

I'm not interested in such stereotyping, the Maxis-match nationality feature you mention is already included, so you overlooked it somehow, though by your own description the very Maxis-match version you say you want would also not actually solve what you described, so in this specific niche case you probably should ignore any mod nationality feature altogether and create your own with your requirements. Your other question has already been answered: The mod accommodates both alpha and Maxis-match styles of player gameplay, and I've had literally the opposite report from other players who love having the real nationalities included, so use how there are ample customization options in this mod and simply add the included Maxis-match nationalities or languages instead, or neither. Don't give your Sims a nationality you don't want and it won't be included in anyone's calculations, simple as that.

On 12/14/2020 at 3:59 AM, Renkuhairu said:

Does this mod compatible with slice of life mod?

And do you know how to disable the wicked whims attractiveness preferences in order to replace it with this mod? (I think they are seperate features but I don't wanna have overlap systems in my game)

Anyway, great mod! Thank you!

Yep, very compatible with Slice of Life! ^.^ And I'm not sure that you can, I think WW Attractiveness may be built into the mod without an option to disable it, at least last I checked, but I could be wrong. Either way, it's always good to include an option to disable certain parts of your mod if people want to try out other mods or functionality!

1 hour ago, IsabellaMoringard said:

Zero effect! ^.^ There's also no doubt about the continuation though, the mod is ridiculously resistant to breaking from game patches so even just always keeping the version most people have would work regardless. :D

1 hour ago, zonqzonq32 said:

I'm on it, thanks a bunch for the reports! It's hard to test everything by oneself sometimes since everyone plays in wildly different scenarios!

Hey you all! ERO version 3.2 is now open to early access for patrons, and public release in a bit! I worked really hard all day today to bring you...*drumroll*

GENDER-SPECIFIC ATTRACTIVENESS!

Now you can list some traits as hot for guys and others for girls! Love muscled men but it's actually a turn-off with females? Adore long hair on girls but not on guys? No problem! LET YOUR SIMS CHOOOOSE!

And as usual, if you want your turn-ons and -offs to be copied over from 3.1, just go to the Automate/Randomize/Remove menu and click the "Copy Preferences Lists from Version 3.x" button to port them over! From there, you can modify them further for each gender in the "Add Turn-On Traits" and "Add Turn-Off Traits" sections!

13 hours ago, Etherianna said:

I'm on it, thanks a bunch for the reports! It's hard to test everything by oneself sometimes since everyone plays in wildly different scenarios!

Just to inform you, that I deleted your module including the settings, re-installed and started a new game as there where more things off. Nisa and Basemental seem to be involves, as well as LMS gardening. All is going smoothly now and I get no errors.

Thx.

Regards.

3 hours ago, zonqzonq32 said:

Just to inform you, that I deleted your module including the settings, re-installed and started a new game as there where more things off. Nisa and Basemental seem to be involves, as well as LMS gardening. All is going smoothly now and I get no errors.

Thx.

Regards.

Awesome to hear! But just in case, download the latest 3.2 version where I'm pretty sure I fixed any possible errors that could happen surrounding that. And also for *gender-specific turn-on and turn-off lists*! :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 10:38 PM, SistaSoldier12 said:

Does it work ok with Lumpinou mods?

On 1/11/2021 at 3:58 AM, SistaSoldier12 said:

so far it doesn't seem to have any conflicts that I can see

Hehe, though you answered your own question, I just want to confirm that indeed there aren't any conflicts. ^.^

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, chris005 said:

i love you mod 

can't wait :)

Thank you for the kind words! :D

Also, note to anyone who may get an error regarding the names of CAS tags if they update to S4CL 1.60 (instead of version 1.59) while still having ERO 3.3: Some tags have changed names in the latest version, so to avoid this issue, please do not update beyond S4CL 1.59 or lower to 1.60 until you get ERO 3.4, which is releasing to the public in about a week. :D