ERO - Etheria's Romance Overhaul [2022-01-31]

This mod is breathtaking.

I am simply overwhelmed by the scope of it. I haven't even cracked the surface of the vast number of options there are contained within.  Since I am an end user and I am experiencing this staggering volume of customization, I can only imagine the amount of work you've dedicated into doing this.  The problems I've run into had simple solutions already contained within (IE the ability to disable the flirt back popups was a well thought out feature and saved me from a frustrating experience.)

Thank you for sharing this work.  Well done Etherianna!

On 6/22/2021 at 7:14 AM, Wynter1975 said:

It works with the mod.

Indeed, and thank you for helping! ^.^

16 hours ago, Lodakai said:

This mod is breathtaking.

I am simply overwhelmed by the scope of it. I haven't even cracked the surface of the vast number of options there are contained within.  Since I am an end user and I am experiencing this staggering volume of customization, I can only imagine the amount of work you've dedicated into doing this.  The problems I've run into had simple solutions already contained within (IE the ability to disable the flirt back popups was a well thought out feature and saved me from a frustrating experience.)

Thank you for sharing this work.  Well done Etherianna!

Wow, this is some of the best praise I've ever gotten for this! Thank you very much, Lodakai! I can tell from the terminology you use that you're a bit tech-y yourself, possibly also a programmer, so I'm glad you see the work I put into ERO! I try and imagine how people will be using my mod so I think having the ability to disable features you don't like is important. I'm so happy to read this, thank you for making my day! ^__^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ERO 3.7 is out, fixing a bug that a small number of people found and adding the rest of the nationality traits of the world! :D

I am also still looking for translators for ERO into other languages, so let me know if you know or are someone who can help. :)

Edited by Etherianna

Hi! First of all, I've been using your mod for quite some time now, and I've been really enjoying it. Though my sims are a bit too often flirty for my taste, it has definitely added a lot of value! :)

However, since I started using 3.6 I encountered the following issue: attraction is calculated between family members and I cannot find how to turn that off.. I went through all the options. It really bothers me. Can you help me with this issue?

I would like to translate the mod to dutch after that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/1/2021 at 6:57 PM, Raspy88 said:

Hi! First of all, I've been using your mod for quite some time now, and I've been really enjoying it. Though my sims are a bit too often flirty for my taste, it has definitely added a lot of value! :)

However, since I started using 3.6 I encountered the following issue: attraction is calculated between family members and I cannot find how to turn that off.. I went through all the options. It really bothers me. Can you help me with this issue?

I would like to translate the mod to dutch after that.

That is very very strange, I'm pretty sure I've checked for that in the settings. Could you tell me which specific buffs are showing up when other family members are in the room? If that's what you mean, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

I found that on occasion that my Sims likes/dislikes all seem to disappear, effectively resetting their attractions though their attributes all remain without issue. It doesn't happen too often, usually only every couple of weeks but I play rotationally so that means having to redo a lot of character likes/dislikes when this happens. Is this a known issue or is there any way to backup this info manually so that if it does occur it could simply be replaced, not the biggest of issues but just figured I'd check.

On 2/14/2022 at 4:07 AM, Theaterlover124 said:

I'm so sad, A lot of this sounds so interesting, but I fully refuse to use anything of ColonelNuttys (aside from everything he's done, you can be fully banned from support groups for having his mods, not worth the risks at all). I'd love to use this if you made a version that didn't require the community library thing!  

Just don't go on such bad support group.

On 2/13/2022 at 10:07 PM, Theaterlover124 said:

I'm so sad, A lot of this sounds so interesting, but I fully refuse to use anything of ColonelNuttys (aside from everything he's done, you can be fully banned from support groups for having his mods, not worth the risks at all). I'd love to use this if you made a version that didn't require the community library thing!  

You realise you can remove community library and ERO, delete the localthumbcache, reload the game, and send the most recent last exception file for support right? They will only ban you if you are caught with the mod in your last exception. Some support discords even explain to remove the mod first and generate a lastexception file without it loaded for support. I honestly don't use those support discords because a lot of them slander and spread false information. There are lot of neutral people who can support and won't believe rumours without proof. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...