Onee Chanbara ORIGIN

20 hours ago, budee70 said:

great job ss majin!!  ss majin can you make aya boob larger a lttle? please.....

I can't make Aya's boobs bigger because I can't edit the mesh at the moment.
I tried to use the Senran Kagura tool, but it didn't work because the file format had been changed.

11 hours ago, SoundOfDarkness2 said:

Wow, great work. Thanks for all that. Any chance to remove the panties too? I'd love to see a no panties version of Saki's school uniform. Yes, I'm a perv. ?

Saki has always been my favorite character in the Oneechanbara games because of her attitude and I have a thing for japanese school girls with swords plus I always prefered characters with small or flat breasts.

Unfortunately, the body mesh is incomplete, so you can't see her lower abdomen even with her panties off.

10 hours ago, tekmarvl said:

@S_S_Majin,

Great work, and thanks for including Lei.

I have a question I would like to ask... is it possible to mod the textures of the dds files you've been working on to change the appearance of some of the costumes for the three females in the game, Aya, Saki, and Lei, instead of just having different color palettes for the costumes.

What I mean to say by this is, if you wanted to create a completely different look to any of the existing costumes in the game for the three different female characters, could you make a costume that was completely of your own design?

I know that something like this was possible to do with SOTR (Shadow of the Tomb Raider), as I and some fellow modders from another modding forum had made some mods for that game by editting the textures of the dds files, some of which resulted in completely new costume designs for Lara Croft.

I realize that something like this is not always possible depending on whether or not textures are actually baked onto the model or not, so if that might be the case with Onee Chanbara: Origin, then it might require a little more work into trying to import a body model base to overlay across the existing game's models to achieve a custom costume mod, or build a body model from scratch and try to import it into the game somehow.

What do you think? Is something like this possible for Onee Chanbara: Origin, or are we limited to what we can currently do in terms of how far we can mod the game?

The only mods that are currently possible are texture changes. All of my mods were created by just changing textures.
It's easy to change the color of the clothes, but it would be difficult to make the outfit look completely new.

8 hours ago, kunobanget said:

@S_S_Majin

I see. How about the nipples? Is it possible to create a protruding one? I realised that current one is only a texture without mesh.

Thank you

Currently, there is no mesh conversion tool, so mesh modification is not possible.
In Senran Kagura, someone used a binary editor to modify the mesh to make the nipples protrude, but I don't have that much passion for it.

On 10/25/2020 at 9:22 AM, S_S_Majin said:

Unfortunately, the body mesh is incomplete, so you can't see her lower abdomen even with her panties off.

Excuse this possibly stupid question since I don't know shit about that stuff but...

Instead of removing the panties wouldn't it work to change the textures so that it looks like she's not wearing panties? Basically making the panty texture look like a pussy and ass.

@S_S_Majin,

Thank you for your reply and confirming what can and can not been done in terms of how far you can mod Onee Chanbara: Origin.

What you have been able to achieve with Texture editing is good enough, and your mods for all three playable characters in the game look great.

Thank you again for making it.

22 hours ago, SoundOfDarkness2 said:

Excuse this possibly stupid question since I don't know shit about that stuff but...

Instead of removing the panties wouldn't it work to change the textures so that it looks like she's not wearing panties? Basically making the panty texture look like a pussy and ass.

I tried to change the panties to the texture of the skin, but the color changed so much between the light and dark areas that it looked unnatural.
I actually tried it on other costumes, but it wasn't of a quality I could show you.
I'm planning to make a mod that might be a replacement, so please be patient.

19 hours ago, newash said:

@S_S_Majin

If you have a time pls do Aya no topless just remove belt version.

Thank you for great work.

Okay.

13 hours ago, hilbo75 said:

since there arent too many characters, maybe you could try using 3dmigoto for mesh mods? i think it works on senran burst renewal 

I've never used 3dmigoto, is there a mod for Senran Kagura that uses 3dmigoto?
If you have one, can you give me the URL etc.?

43 minutes ago, S_S_Majin said:

I tried to change the panties to the texture of the skin, but the color changed so much between the light and dark areas that it looked unnatural.
I actually tried it on other costumes, but it wasn't of a quality I could show you.
I'm planning to make a mod that might be a replacement, so please be patient.

Okay.

I've never used 3dmigoto, is there a mod for Senran Kagura that uses 3dmigoto?
If you have one, can you give me the URL etc.?

there isnt one. i just remember messing around with it myself at some point. i managed to pull out a model but i never reinserted it

i learned to use it from these posts in the bullet girls fantasia thread 

it doesnt work on everything but i figure if its similar to senran which it did work on, then maybe it would work on this too

36 minutes ago, hilbo75 said:

there isnt one. i just remember messing around with it myself at some point. i managed to pull out a model but i never reinserted it
i learned to use it from these posts in the bullet girls fantasia thread 

it doesnt work on everything but i figure if its similar to senran which it did work on, then maybe it would work on this too

Thanks. I'm hoping to learn how to use it, as it seems to work in many different games. (If I have the time and motivation...)

This is a great version for Saki, only bad thing, blood doesn't accumulate on her body. So right before transformation, her face and hair are blood covered and her body is still prestine, it's a tad strange. Good stuff though! Your mods have definitely enhanced my enjoyment of the game! I look forward to what you plan on doing next! 

19 hours ago, S_S_Majin said:

NOTE:
If you want to change the costume you are replacing, please change the file name.
Be aware that replacing it with another character's costume may cause the game to end abnormally.

I guess this is how made the nude Saki, right? You basically just renamed your edited pl01_saki_cosvoga00_00.cat to pl01_saki_cos00_00.cat and edited it a bit more so she doesn't have those colored nails.

Hello, thank you very much,can Lei's swimsuit and accessories be changed to white?I did as you said,but I failed,my modified DDS file size is 2.66 MB,I don't know how to get it to the right size,Thank you again for what you have done.(machine translation)

On 11/6/2020 at 9:23 PM, zerongent said:

Hello, thank you very much,can Lei's swimsuit and accessories be changed to white?I did as you said,but I failed,my modified DDS file size is 2.66 MB,I don't know how to get it to the right size,Thank you again for what you have done.(machine translation)

Finally,i made it.