There's an even newer 1.9 beta patch out now.

The update must of came out when I was still trying to get the new skse to work and get the HDT working right again. Only thing I have noticed is my fnis is acting a bit weird at times getting ctd after loading a game as soon as I tried to move the mouse it would ctd. Then I figured it out I loaded the game and used the mouse wheel to scroll out and saw me and anyone around me standing like fnis idles were not added by the generate.tool everyone was standing like a statue with hands at their side. Reload till it stops and everyone is moving correctly before moving mouse again. 

The update must of came out when I was still trying to get the new skse to work and get the HDT working right again. Only thing I have noticed is my fnis is acting a bit weird at times getting ctd after loading a game as soon as I tried to move the mouse it would ctd. Then I figured it out I loaded the game and used the mouse wheel to scroll out and saw me and anyone around me standing like fnis idles were not added by the generate.tool everyone was standing like a statue with hands at their side. Reload till it stops and everyone is moving correctly before moving mouse again. 

Not played yet, busy updating mods. Is your HDT still working?

sickzpack, on 20 Mar 2013 - 06:57, said:

myuhinny, on 19 Mar 2013 - 22:44, said:

I had to pull all HDT folders and throw them then re add the 1.6.11 ones.

I had to pull all HDT folders and throw them then re add the 1.6.11 ones.

Ok, Thank you.

Edit: Didn't work for me :(

Gonna have to wait for a patched API.

sickzpack, on 20 Mar 2013 - 10:33, said:

myuhinny, on 20 Mar 2013 - 07:34, said:

I had to pull all HDT folders and throw them then re add the 1.6.11 ones.
Ok, Thank you.

Edit: Didn't work for me
Gonna have to wait for a patched API.

I threw away all skse files and folders any HDT folders and files then threw the 1.6.11 in  then overwrote the skse_1_9_29.dll with the translated one HDT one.

Just one question: Did they fix the mfg facial commands?

Now I have the fun of figuring out what mod is broken, because after this new beta and the beta SKSE, I have a mysterious ... dialogue option for every NPC.

Do you have Estrus installed? Because I do not have the beta patch but the same dialog option which I'm pretty sure is caused by Estrus.

I haven't really been paying attention to the forums nor playing Skyrim all week. I decide to fire it up tonight and this is the first thing I get,

ScriptDragonCriticalError_zps716a774d.jp

So I panic a little at first, but then I remember a massive update from Steam I got about 2 days or a day ago when I last used my PC. Checked the forums, and well... there's a new patch. Yay. The major problem at first was the above error until I remembered what that dll does exactly. It works in conjunction with another dll for a camera mod I use. I found the updates, updated SKSE, updated showrace precache killer, and the only problem left was SexiS as far as I could tell. Luckily there was a fix, so now that's working. Gotta love this community though, whenever I ran into a wall it had the answer. Specifically in terms of getting the showrace precache killer to work again, and the SexiS fix. Just needed to read the forums.

The thing is, I am totally unfamiliar with Steam, and I don't like sneaky updates like that. Is there a way to disable the auto-update option, where I can update the game myself, and you know? Prepare beforehand, as opposed to getting blindsided like this? :blink:

I mean as far as I can tell the game is fine now, grant you with 180+ mods there's no telling if I missed something, but after quite a bit of testing everything seems to be working as intended. Still, I rather have time to prepare before the game just up and decides to update on me without warning. <_<

I'm not updating to 1.9.. yet.

Bethesda breaks every damn mod with their patches.  Lesson of the day.. keep auto updating off.

Well as far as I can tell all my mods that would be effected by the patch weren't except for my camera mod, which isn't even an esp just a compilation of dll's, and SexIS, which I was able to fix. Though there are some quest mods that have me worried, that may or may not have been broken. It's hard to test those. My animation mods, UFO/Companion mods, My ENB is fine... Adult mods, ZAZ Animations, ZAZ Rescouces, SexIS, AP, and ASX all seem to work fine. My spell mods as far as I can tell all seem fine, though I have a ton of them, so further testing is needed. Also Armed to the Teeth and DSPSOB also work fine and they are pretty script extensive in terms of creating dummy meshes to make it look like you have all your weapons sheathed at once, as well as DSPSOB, which allows you to show the sheath for your offhanded weapon for every vanilla weapon.

Once I finish backing up my Data folder, and adding a few more mods I came across, I'm going to keep a close eye on things in terms of mods like Interesting NPC's, and Quest mods that may have been effected. If everything is pretty much fine I'll finally get the Dragonborn DLC.

Just to add, I really need that Hammerfell mod, for that Tales of Skyrim post I want to make, since a lot of Ash's past (Ash or Ashael Galvantra is my character) happens there, and while providing a narrative from her PoV I want her to have flashbacks to her childhood all the way up to the present explaining why she is the way she is. Been snapping lots of screenshots during my adventuring so people have pretty pictures to go along with the narrative. :P

Edit 2: How do you turn auto-updating off with Steam? I mean I HATE STEAM it's so damned invasive! I miss the old days of Morrowind and Oblivion. I want to be ready for a new patch as opposed to it taking me by surprise. <_<

I've been opted into the beta since the first 1,9 beta, and thing is, in my game the new .32 patch does jack shit. Every NPC still sleeps with their eyes open.

Even if you DO disable auto update, once the patch becomes official, you're forced into updating to play. The way around this is to go into offline mode and stay there, but I heard stories of people who have done this, and even then, Steam tells them the game needs to be updated to play the game.

I've been opted into the beta since the first 1,9 beta, and thing is, in my game the new .32 patch does jack shit. Every NPC still sleeps with their eyes open.

Even if you DO disable auto update, once the patch becomes official, you're forced into updating to play. The way around this is to go into offline mode and stay there, but I heard stories of people who have done this, and even then, Steam tells them the game needs to be updated to play the game.

Wow that is so lame! It's ironic that the auto update exists to provide a convenient way to update for the customer, when it's anything but! Especially if you're not prepared for the update. I could have been playing Skyrim the last 4 hours instead I had to sort out a mess, and now I am going through the tedious process of deleting old stuff, and backing up what seems to be a stable Data folder finally. After that chances are I'll crash (sleep not my computer crashing lol)... meh... You really should have the option to update when you want to. I mean I get the whole forced update when it comes to MMO's but this is a single player game.

It does. I wanted to change some graphic options so I had to run the normal Skyrim.exe and Steam tells you even in offline mode that you need to update to play, with SKSE however it still starts fine but now I can't make any graphic changes.

The whole "needs to be updated to play" thing is almost as retarded as Diablo 3's or Sim City's "always need to be online to play".

Either give us the option to download the updates when we want to or start giving us updates that DON'T FUCK UP EVERYTHING. If they even manage to fuck up their own console commands what do I have to expect when it comes to mods?

Well the problems I had as far as I can tell weren't that bad in that I knew how to fix the real big problem regarding the ScriptDragon.dll after it occurred to me why I had that dll there in the first place. SexiS was easily fixed because someone here on the forums provided a fix. Thus far everything seems to be okay, but I can't test every little thing so you never know where I may run into trouble.

The update isn't what bugs me though, it's that it was forced on me. You see if I knew it was coming ie had the ability to update myself I could take certain precautions. Back up certain things ahead of time, make sure I had all the right files etc... Instead it was like, meh I want to play some Skyrim, maybe add a mod or two tonight too. I try running it, and all hell breaks loose. From there on it was a total scramble to try and fix everything going wrong, which created loads of unnecessary panic. I mean for a little while I was thinking in the back of my head, "Am I going to have to reinstall this game to get it to work?" Thankfully I always back up my data folder, but there are tweaks in my main Skyrim folder that aren't backed up all too well, such as ENB, and Camera tweak for starters. Then the edited dll for the CK, and a bunch of little odds and ends, which are easy enough to install, but still a headache nonetheless if I am forced to reinstall them. Luckily it didn't come to that. In previous Elder Scrolls games you got to update on your own terms, which made sorting your mods accordingly, backing up, and just preparing in general much less aggravating.

Also I refused to buy Diablo 3 for the sheer fact you have to play online. That's just so dumb! I mean I love PC games, but they're starting to get too invasive and pushy lately. I don't need to have patches rammed down my throat, and I don't need to be online at all times. Don't worry I'll keep up with your product if I like it, but if you're going to push me around, when all I want is a single player experience, I am going to be less inclined to support said product. Now with Elder Scrolls, okay as much as I hate Steam I am hooked on Elder Scrolls, well until Elder Scrolls online... That can go to hell, go to hell and die! :P But i mean, yeah the main reason I never even bothered with Diablo 3 is I don't want to have to be forced to play it online at all times. What if my connection craps out, which it does pretty often given the weak wireless signal? Besides it's a matter of principle, to me it's just pointless and invasive. Every so often I can still have fun with Diablo 2, and I guess that's as far as I am going with that franchise.

Now I get the whole online all the time thing with MMO's, I mean DUHHHH! Kinda the point, and I also get that they have to force you to download an update the second it comes out, that kinda goes with the whole online at all times deal with a bunch of other people. However Skyrim last I checked it strictly single player. I mean Diablo 3 one can argue has multiplayer options, which meh... I only do multiplayer in Diablo games when I feel like it with friends. But I also happen to like single player, but even though it's in theory no big deal, I just find it invasive and pushy when a company forces a consumer to like play online all the time. Now the auto-update can be a handy feature for "some" Skyrim players, but for someone like me, who is totally obsessive and has a ton of mods, I like to update on my own terms. Doesn't mean I won't update, just means back the fu*EFFF* (Tried to do a censor from I think the second Season of Yugio Abridged, which is hilarious imo :P) off and let me breath! :@

Wow... that just came out of nowhere..

/end rant

After some days since downloading 1.9.32.0, having updated most that was needed, about the very infuriating thing I'm having are sudden CTD/hangups, especially after a long no-fast-travel journey with a lot of interesting encounters.

After some days since downloading 1.9.32.0, having updated most that was needed, about the very infuriating thing I'm having are sudden CTD/hangups, especially after a long no-fast-travel journey with a lot of interesting encounters.

Haven't come across that yet, grant you I haven't really played in depth yet. I've been removing clothing mods I don't feel I use often to make room since I wound up getting up to 196 mods. I am right now adding some new mods that I have been intending to add, trying to keep it in the 180's but chances are it'll go over 190.

I did try to make a bashed patch early to combine my clothing mods, only to be met with total failure. It doesn't seem to work the same as it did in Oblvion. I may need to ask for help later about merging mods, specifically clothing mods in a stable manner. I am willing to bet I'm going to run into headaches once I start playing again, but in the meantime I'm just going to add a few mods I've been meaning to add for a while. Namely,

Body by Race (which just kind of makes sense when you think about it.)

Bury the Dead (Tombstones for the fallen awesome)

Racemenu Overhaul (been meaning to get to this one for a while)

A Fantasy Music mod that requires esps. (i want to totally do away with vanilla music.)

Lastly I want to patch a Silver Crossbow with Armed to the Teeth

Maybe tweak a few general animations and a Companion Mod too...

After I finish installing and testing, I'll go back to my saved game back ups, and start playing again. God willing I won't run into major issues. If all runs well enough I may even finally get the Dragonborn DLC. If I do that means Unofficial Dragonborn Patch too... God I am running so many mods. :blink:

Haven't come across that yet, grant you I haven't really played in depth yet. I've been removing clothing mods I don't feel I use often to make room since I wound up getting up to 196 mods. I am right now adding some new mods that I have been intending to add, trying to keep it in the 180's but chances are it'll go over 190.

I did try to make a bashed patch early to combine my clothing mods, only to be met with total failure. It doesn't seem to work the same as it did in Oblvion. I may need to ask for help later about merging mods, specifically clothing mods in a stable manner. I am willing to bet I'm going to run into headaches once I start playing again, but in the meantime I'm just going to add a few mods I've been meaning to add for a while. Namely,

Body by Race (which just kind of makes sense when you think about it.)

Bury the Dead (Tombstones for the fallen awesome)

Racemenu Overhaul (been meaning to get to this one for a while)

A Fantasy Music mod that requires esps. (i want to totally do away with vanilla music.)

Lastly I want to patch a Silver Crossbow with Armed to the Teeth

Maybe tweak a few general animations and a Companion Mod too...

After I finish installing and testing, I'll go back to my saved game back ups, and start playing again. God willing I won't run into major issues. If all runs well enough I may even finally get the Dragonborn DLC. If I do that means Unofficial Dragonborn Patch too... God I am running so many mods. :blink:

The Skyrim bashed patch only contains leveled lists and small ini tweaks. You'll need Tesnip to merge your clothing mods, and TES5Edit to make a merged patch for conflicting mods (similar to the oblivion bashed patch).

Guest airdance

Cozy

Quote( "The update isn't what bugs me though, it's that it was forced on me.")

The main reason everyone is having trouble is that SKSE is actually spyware in disguise.

If you look at the base code the first thing it does when you launch your game is to contact home base and report what version you are using.

Then it launches the game. Meanwhile, that "link" stays open for as long as you play the game. It will also report if you are using a pirated version of the game.

Be that as it may, the main reason for the copious and frequent updates is to throw people using free versions of Skyrim off the system.

The minor bugs they are fixing in the process could have been avoided if they had taken more time between updates to make sure the product worked in the first place.

It's all about the money honey. They are in business to make it.

I do have to admire this forum and others like it though, where else can Bethesda get some of the best minds in the world to work for free.

Cozy Quote( "The update isn't what bugs me though, it's that it was forced on me.") The main reason everyone is having trouble is that SKSE is actually spyware in disguise. If you look at the base code the first thing it does when you launch your game is to contact home base and report what version you are using. Then it launches the game. Meanwhile, that "link" stays open for as long as you play the game. It will also report if you are using a pirated version of the game. Be that as it may, the main reason for the copious and frequent updates is to throw people using free versions of Skyrim off the system. The minor bugs they are fixing in the process could have been avoided if they had taken more time between updates to make sure the product worked in the first place. It's all about the money honey. They are in business to make it. I do have to admire this forum and others like it though, where else can Bethesda get some of the best minds in the world to work for free.

Do you have solid proof of your allegations? Leaves me wondering if you're wearing tinfoil while playing.

Saw your first post, and you said you're not trolling.

Archived