Sexbound - Custom race advice request.

Update: After a little feedback and double checking, it was a very slight hexcode issue for the colors. Make sure you use the exact hexcode as provided in the original sprite sheet or species file.  I'll leave the post up so others can learn from my mistake when editing sprites. Get and learn to use Paint.net or GIMP or something good for sprite editing, refrain from using Microsoft Paint... (And upon request to remove the images, or post entirely by the author or admins of LL, I'll of course comply.)

I'm trying to make a support patch for a custom race and the Sexbound mod, but have hit a snag that I can't quite figure out. This particular race has already been requested in the past, and while the author gave permission for one, the other (the one I'm working on) wasn't definitively given permission for. I want clarify that this patch is purely for my own personal use, and won't be uploaded or shared anywhere without the author's permission. 

The race is called the "Indix", same author as the "Lastree" race (the latter already having public support for SxB) I've followed the custom race modding guide, and managed to edit the sprite templates to match the color scheme. In game, the character is almost transparent (how the custom race is, and one reason why I like it). However, in the sex scenes, the character doesn't keep that transparency and also doesn't keep the color chosen at character creation. I've included two screenshots to show the problem visually. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

20200912073805_1.jpg

20200912073833_1.jpg

After a little digging, I have a lead on what could be the issue. MS paint gave me colors (hexcode) that were just slightly off from the original sprite palette. So, I'll be working on this when I wake back up. 

Hate to leave it on a cliffhanger for now, but it's at least a lead. 

edit: yes, MS Paint. Because I'm new to sprite editing, and hadn't heard of Paint dot net until today. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...