Bodyslide CB++ v0.9.6 (35 extra sliders for CBBE) + outfit support

So with the new Bodyslide 2.0, we can easily convert vanilla outfits to be bodyslide capable?

"Easily" depends on you. But yes. ;)

Well it doesn't look too difficult to do just simple conversions from the preview videos. Tedious, maybe, but easy. 

The weight painting stuff looks a little daunting though...

Either way, AWESOME work. And while I appreciate the work modders do, and their desire for artistic recognition, I would think user freedom and customization would take precedence over artistic pride, in regards to Bodyslide 2.0 making other body mods redundant.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you using a custom race? It may be using its own assets.

Also, using Outfit Studio I've managed to make the Osare Hotpants outfit CB++ compatible. Yay! Took a little bit of fiddling to get the extra sliders in there to match up with my current body but it looks good so far. Now to fix the top so the different colours apply since I mucked with the file offsets or w/e.

Edit: Okay, I fixed the colours but now I see a seam along the neck. Is there a slider/bsd that fixes this? Just asking as I don't feel like rummaging through all those files with a chance to find nohing

Are you using a custom race? It may be using its own assets.

Also, using Outfit Studio I've managed to make the Osare Hotpants outfit CB++ compatible. Yay! Took a little bit of fiddling to get the extra sliders in there to match up with my current body but it looks good so far. Now to fix the top so the different colours apply since I mucked with the file offsets or w/e.

Edit: Okay, I fixed the colours but now I see a seam along the neck. Is there a slider/bsd that fixes this? Just asking as I don't feel like rummaging through all those files with a chance to find nohing

* First thing to check: Is the source mesh a high-weight mesh? It should be.

* Then, just apply the SeamSm slider to the body at low weight, check any sliderset to see how.

Of course, Outfit Studio should always output sets where the seam slider is applied correctly.

* Third, check that the esp actually supports the weight slider, actually uses both high and low weight nifs.

Possibly, you may run into seam problems because of offsets, but they can be fixed without too much fuzz.

Disabling the clamp sliders works as well in that case.

Hmmm, would the outfit referencing the wrong weight .nif create this issue? Pretty sure it's the 1 weighted .nif that's supposed to be used. Not 100% sure as the wiki that had an armour tut is down.

On to your post though, I've checked those all and still see seams. It's not just seams either, it's also misaligned along the wrists and ankles.

Hmmm, would the outfit referencing the wrong weight .nif create this issue? Pretty sure it's the 1 weighted .nif that's supposed to be used. Not 100% sure as the wiki that had an armour tut is down.

On to your post though, I've checked those all and still see seams. It's not just seams either, it's also misaligned along the wrists and ankles.

Misalignment means wrong offset. Start by disabling the clamp sliders, might be all you need.

I've disabled the clamps and still have alignment issues. I don't think changing offset values would work either as if I move in one direction the seam/gap will get bigger on the opposite side i.e close the gap by the neck, ankle gap gets bigger.

I've disabled the clamps and still have alignment issues. I don't think changing offset values would work either as if I move in one direction the seam/gap will get bigger on the opposite side i.e close the gap by the neck, ankle gap gets bigger.

Try waiting until the next update of OS is out, whenever that will be. It should fix all kinds of offsets automatically for everything. :)

You always have to start with the correct outfit/body_1.nif meshes in OS. It will automatically add the SeamSm slider when you save the sliderset, so there shouldn't be any issues with gaps related to 0%-100% in-game weight anymore. Basically what SB already said in a more detailed way. :P

When will a stable version outfit studio be released to the public?

We don't know ourselves. But our personal "goal" is before 2014.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I stopped supporting CB++ several months ago. Here would be the places to check for outfits:

www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32731/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16350-bodyslide-armor-and-clothes-list-v2/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24385-outfit-studiobodyslide-2-cbbe-conversions/

Any outfit that is non-custom CBBE is a 10-20 min job to convert to CBA. Unless you're a perfectionist.

I stopped supporting CB++ several months ago. Here would be the places to check for outfits:

Any outfit that is non-custom CBBE is a 10-20 min job to convert to CBA. Unless you're a perfectionist.

Outfit Studio makes it so easy that people really have no need to request conversions any more. You don't even need to edit text or run batch conversion programs with scripts. It's truly remarkable at what has been done.